AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-21, 14:27   Link #41
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Slump episode is normal. This is hopefully a good development episode for him and he'll come back mentally stronger.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 23:23   Link #42
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Oh, Reki might think through this himself before Miya has to explode in his face?
That's a fair development I guess.
Oh, but i never imagined this is how Snake is stepping in. I can't wait to see ADAM's dependency on him gets exposed.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 16:30   Link #43
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Ahhh, this entire episode can be summed up as: 尊い
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 20:23   Link #44
Chosen_Hero

First Horimiya, now this show... I am starting to feel like the people writing these shows don't know how actual male friends interact with each other and just default to making said relationships as close to gay as possible because clearly they are the same thing, right?

Sheesh, if you just want to write a BL then just do it and go all the way, I probably would have more respect for your writing then.

Also, holy shit is it annoying how many people are just basically telling Reki to give up just because he isn't as talented as the others, that's a pretty messed up thing to do. The drama these past few episodes got a bit too heavy handed, to the point that it lowered my excitement for this show quite a bit, just go back to when the characters where having fun please.
Old 2021-03-22, 15:51   Link #45
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Also, holy shit is it annoying how many people are just basically telling Reki to give up just because he isn't as talented as the others, that's a pretty messed up thing to do. The drama these past few episodes got a bit too heavy handed, to the point that it lowered my excitement for this show quite a bit, just go back to when the characters where having fun please.
You're not alone when it comes to Reki's subplot these past few episodes. While the idea is that his issues also has to do with Langa breaking his promise to not skate against ADAM again by taking part in his tournament, a lot of Reki's angst looks to be focused on him not being as great as his peers and thus forgetting that he skates because he enjoys it. It also doesn't help that the anime drags this out for four episodes (to the point where I'm going "Just **** already!").
Old 2021-03-29, 12:55   Link #46
LG-MAX 2.o

The first BD in the series sold almost 7,000 copies in the first week. Taking into account that it is an anime broadcast at 2:00 am, it clearly won over many fans in Japan.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-29, 17:33   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

The fujobucks are strong.
Old 2021-04-03, 18:18   Link #48
Alchemist007
*Author

An alright ending, if predictable. It got a bit tiring with Adam being a Langaholic, would've been better staying as crazy as he was from the start and more of an unfocused villain vs what we got with the obsession.

Overall a 7/10.
Old 2021-04-03, 20:32   Link #49
zztop

Other than Sk8's regular manga adaptation, there's also a chibi manga version (Sk8 ChillOut) and a Cindereki drama CD where the cast do Cinderella x Sk8...
https://kudouusagi.tumblr.com/post/6...dereki-track-1

Most of the stuff can be found here, including translated interviews with the director.
https://kudouusagi.tumblr.com/
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-04, 00:04   Link #50
Chosen_Hero

Sigh... It was a great anime at first but they focused way too much on Langa being super special that he felt boring to watch. Reki's race last episode was so much better and enjoyable and shows how much more interesting this anime would have been if it focused on someone like Reki using tactics to win instead of super special people going against other super special people.
Old 2021-04-05, 03:19   Link #51
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Last episode was a bit off the charts. I suppose that fall off the wooden bridge needed to happen to simulate downhill snowboarding, but that "Zone" stuff was a bit off given that higher concentration would mean they'd be able to account for all things related to the course.

I presume a second season will come since there's more political stuff going on. What I don't get was during the ending song, ADAM crashed the party. Didn't know they were all friendly after the loss.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skateboarding, sports