AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 18:50   Link #41
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Yeah... Man, I'd love for him to go back to SR. I think I'm gonna watch some episodes tonight. Even though I've seen them all so many times, they still lighten the mood and remind me of good times, and in some cases Harima's determination helps me get back on track.

I like that he doesn't do ecchi stuff. That doesn't suite School Rumble anyway. College Rumble... Work Rumble, whatever! Bring it back!
Kondrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 23:50   Link #42
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

School Rumble EX+Alpha?

Seriously I think it will be hard for Jin Kobayashi to make another SR as epic as the first one(minus the pie ending).

Probably because he IS Harima....Just look at the jacket. Just give him sunglasses and brush up his hair

http://sadpanda.us/images/100838-AQCBA4V.jpg

Oh yes even before Twilight. Harima was sparkling!!! >_<

http://sadpanda.us/images/1068663-W56HIW9.jpg
Old 2012-07-09, 17:32   Link #43
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Do you think he probably based School Rumble on some of his own life? If so, I guess I could see that as some sort of road block for continuation...
Old 2012-07-10, 21:23   Link #44
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well he did say that Harima was part him and some taken from his friends way back and he just makes the story as it flows.

I think most parts are based on him in real life. All his manga's has illustration and the main guy likes drawing.
Old 2012-07-13, 06:13   Link #45
BradleySmith
*IT Support

Hey guys check out my YouTube i just purchased the official School Rumble Yakumo Keyring funimation licensed!.

youtube.com/onza120

Check me out!
BradleySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 01:45   Link #46
Sphire

Ah, just randomly decided to watch the last 2 OVA episodes for School Rumble. The ending basically. Ah man, good times. I'd rewatch the whole thing, but then I'd know it'll end...

Plus too much skipped content makes me feel sad.

Ah man.
Old 2012-07-28, 17:54   Link #47
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Ah, just randomly decided to watch the last 2 OVA episodes for School Rumble. The ending basically. Ah man, good times. I'd rewatch the whole thing, but then I'd know it'll end...

Plus too much skipped content makes me feel sad.

Ah man.
Yeah... I watched them last week. My friend never saw them so I watched them with him. I was depressed for a few days afterwords... :/

Such a bad ending for a happy show. I just want to see happy Harima and Tenma moments and then finally a good ending. Or no ending at all. Just let it go forever... Best show!
Old 2012-08-05, 20:21   Link #48
Bestro

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W7IToOyaO0
i think im in love <3
Bestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 06:48   Link #49
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kondrath View Post
Yeah... I watched them last week. My friend never saw them so I watched them with him. I was depressed for a few days afterwords... :/

Such a bad ending for a happy show. I just want to see happy Harima and Tenma moments and then finally a good ending. Or no ending at all. Just let it go forever... Best show!
Did your friend like it?

And at least some people remember School Rumble: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...cinating-anime

Albeit only 42 out of close to 6000 people, haha. Given how these things are swayed by recent and/or very popular shows, it's kinda nice.

I got to thinking actually, could something like Kickstarter work for School Rumble? In producing an actual 3rd season that is.
Old 2012-08-06, 08:28   Link #50
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Did your friend like it?

And at least some people remember School Rumble: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...cinating-anime

Albeit only 42 out of close to 6000 people, haha. Given how these things are swayed by recent and/or very popular shows, it's kinda nice.

I got to thinking actually, could something like Kickstarter work for School Rumble? In producing an actual 3rd season that is.
Yeah, he liked it but was shocked that it became so serious. He only saw seasons 1, 2, and then went straight to the Season 3 OVAs. I had to give a horribly paraphrased summary of the manga.

And that's cool that SR made that list. If Kickstarted happened for School Rumble, they could have my entire life savings lol.

Last edited by Kondrath; 2012-09-01 at 15:10.
Old 2012-09-01, 04:09   Link #51
Bestro

any news about Jin Kobayashi?
Bestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 12:49   Link #52
Solafighter
Hige

I dont have any. Someone?
Old 2012-09-02, 16:35   Link #53
Sphire

No, heard nothing. But I did find this which was funny, albeit months ago:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...ese-tv-station
Old 2012-09-03, 12:18   Link #54
Solafighter
Hige

HK, something new in the west?
Old 2012-12-01, 04:43   Link #55
Sphire

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Harima's birthday today, and so Tenma's was yesterday? Haha, oh man.

Here's a question for anyone who still check here often. If you were friends with Harima and Tenma, what would you get them for their birthday?
Old 2012-12-02, 08:09   Link #56
euromellows

Good to see that some fans are keeping this forum somewhat alive. I haven't posted year for almost two years! I only just started watching SR again for the first time since then. Such a good show, what a shame about the ending...

If any of you played Mass Effect 3 you'll know what I mean when I say its very difficult to judge whether ME3 or SR ended worse.
euromellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 09:40   Link #57
Solafighter
Hige

The ending wasn't a real problem. The problem is, that it doesnt continue and the 3rd season never aired.

SR ended chapter 281, remember?
Old 2012-12-03, 05:19   Link #58
euromellows

Yeah point taken. Still I have to say its as depressing now after two years hiatus then it was then . Still a good show and I suppose I should be glad for the glad times.
euromellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 10:03   Link #59
Solafighter
Hige

Found some time today to watch some episodes with Harima's best moves. Will certainly re-watch the whole series, soon.

In all the years, I haven't found a single anime, that comes close to the awsomeness of School Rumble.
Old 2013-01-13, 13:37   Link #60
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloonnee2 View Post
I've watched K-ON, and I believe SR is much deeper in terms of character development as well as plot. Both are slice-of-life comedies, both have moe girls and both have the usual 4 or 5 characters, but K-ON lacks the romance aspect which provides a lot of character growth (or comedic fodder) for the series to continue.
I wouldn't categorise K-On with romance content. K-On is focused just on the girls and the music. The only reason, I watched K-On is because of Ritsu.

Quote:
Btw for shipping purposes, I'm a Flagship (ErixHarima) fan. I'm simply biased towards the twin-tailed 'stupid but cute' Ojou-sama that 'jinxes Harima every time she's around him and yet ends up in really awkward situations that she doesn't mind (blush)', because I'd like to see him end up with her :P. Still, I'm okay with him ending up with Yakumo, because she does care for Harima in her own way, but with Tenma, I think she'll be happier with Karasuma than Harima
Don't call Eri-chan stupid. She is one of the rare girls, who accept their feelings. When she noticed them, she wasn't to sure about, how the other person(Harima) felt and so she was often troubled in these situations.

I haven't seen a clear ending, where Harima ends up with Yakumo, btw. The SR ending is an open ending, where only a couple of love birds end up together. Harima wasn't one of them.

Quote:
-Epilogue-
(....)
Thus I came here
Toradora is a good series, speaking of developments in love. The ending is, not like SR, open, but really solied. Taiga ending up with Ryuji.

If talking about SR, one is never to late for the party, in some way. The series may get older and older, but the quality never drops. Tough it's sad, that with every additional year, the total number of animes is rising and less and less people are gonna even notice such a masterpiece anime and manga. What I see in the last few seasons is a trend, that goes slightly away from solid love stories, but are more focused on 'moe' and 'ecchi', what always makes money.