AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-04-30, 18:00   Link #12341
nosaer

I didn't think he was referring to the Howitzer gun when he said the 105. on the 360 at least, howitzers are pretty useless after about tier 6. I didn't even really use it in Tier 6. aim time is too slow, accuracy is awful, and reload time is painful.

The 360 version does not have a tech tree like the PC version...We get packages, which sucks. Its not too bad on the American tanks, but the packages WG came up with for the Germans and some of the British are terrible. You can't just switch between guns on a fully upgraded tank. If you like the gun from the first package more than the one on the next package that includes an upgraded engine ad turret, well then you either play the fast tank with the bad gun, or the slow tank with the good gun.

We've been trying to get WG off packages in the forums for as long as I can remember, but they just don't care to do so
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 18:14   Link #12342
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Yeah the package system is rubbish on the console version, some packages have the best engine with the worst gun and vise-versa.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 18:21   Link #12343
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
I didn't think he was referring to the Howitzer gun when he said the 105. on the 360 at least, howitzers are pretty useless after about tier 6. I didn't even really use it in Tier 6. aim time is too slow, accuracy is awful, and reload time is painful.
Images
At least it's not an M46 with the Shermanderp.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Part of me wants to get the M46 back and do the grind to the final gun with the second turret and the Tier 5 105mm. People will probably teamkill me.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 19:14   Link #12344
nosaer

Is that a Tiger with a derp gun? I skipped the tiger and went straight to the Tiger 2 through the panther (partly because I've heard bad things about the tiger 1, and partly because I find its flat armor pretty easy to penetrate so I imagine it would be frustrating to have an easily penned heavy tank). Are derp guns actually useful on the PC or something?

Their low pen leads to very low and inconsistent damage in higher tier matches against tanks that have developed a bit of armor.

I've read that in the early days, high explosive was OP. if so, then they have really nerfed it down hard.
Old 2014-04-30, 19:17   Link #12345
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Is that a Tiger with a derp gun?
Yep. The Panther II can also mount the German Tier 5 105mm derp for various silly reasons.
Old 2014-04-30, 19:18   Link #12346
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The Tiger is actually one of the better tanks for its tier now, with the highest DPS with its 88 mm, and a good acceration, whereas before it felt sluggish even with the final engine. While it still can't brawl, it can now play mid-range well.
Old 2014-04-30, 19:21   Link #12347
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Yep. The Panther II can also mount the German Tier 5 105mm derp for various silly reasons.
Yes it can, but without a premium account my silver is too precious to waste on a package with a derp gun lol.

BTW, how did you guys like the panther grind? It was AWFUL to me. it pretty much sucked the fun out of the game and killed my stats until i got the maxed out panther 2.
Old 2014-04-30, 19:30   Link #12348
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Bwahaha that username.

M7 doesn't look like a bad tank at all to me. It looks like a scout with good matchmaking. Dunno why people don't like it.
I heard it could bounce shots because of the armor's sloping.

I think the german med line has paper for armor and I think the american MBT line would be better.
Old 2014-04-30, 19:45   Link #12349
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I heard it could bounce shots because of the armor's sloping.

I think the german med line has paper for armor and I think the american MBT line would be better.
The German medium line armor is paper, until you get to the panther. The panther's armor isn't very thick, but the slope of it will allow you to bounce some shots now and then with some angle. it's one of the few things that Panther does right
Old 2014-04-30, 19:49   Link #12350
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I really hope the SEA server gets the same 2 times XP event as NA and EU for the 1 million facebook milestone. The extra xp would really help get me past the T21 which I enjoy but god it is killing my stats.
Old 2014-04-30, 20:01   Link #12351
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
The German medium line armor is paper, until you get to the panther. The panther's armor isn't very thick, but the slope of it will allow you to bounce some shots now and then with some angle. it's one of the few things that Panther does right
Well, the first medium line (Panther line) has paper instead of armor until you can get the Panther, of course the frontal plate can bounce 1 of 5 shots every now and then (if RNG is being kind with you of course). Things change when you get the E50 and let's not even talk about the E-50M and it's bouncinium front.

The second german line has wet paper instead of armor, but the VK 3002 M and Curry Panzer can still bounce if it proceeds to hull down, but the Leo proto and Leo 1 are different history, anything, and I mean ANYTHING can and will pen you.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 20:16   Link #12352
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Well I do agree that it could bounce with some angling but use a gun with more than enough penetration.... you would need to insanely lucky. So that only leaves the German MBT line to be played as mainly sniper or mid range tank.
Old 2014-04-30, 22:01   Link #12353
LeoXiao
思想工作

Started playing on the RU server. I'm going to get a T-34 and see if historical battles are as unpopular there as they are here.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 22:03   Link #12354
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Started playing on the RU server.
Hahaha, oh wow. When you get up to the middle tiers, please tell us how different the pub gameplay is from NA.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 22:39   Link #12355
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm still wondering if they'll touch Cold War scenarios such as Korea, or more remotely even the Arab-Israeli conflicts.

WN8: My win rate has been absolutely hosed over the last 36 hours, but my WN8 actually went up, just from focusing on higher tiers and at least taking some things with me.
Old 2014-05-01, 00:54   Link #12356
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Hahaha, oh wow. When you get up to the middle tiers, please tell us how different the pub gameplay is from NA.
The first big difference, though it's not really gameplay-related, is that apparently there's no equivalent of "gg" in Russia. The closest I saw were people congratulating a T18 for turning a match around and getting top gun.

Another observation, though it could be due to me being at tier 2, is that people rarely use chat unless they're saying something generic like "cover me", or have gotten pissed and started to get in a cursing match with someone.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 02:06   Link #12357
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Had some horribles first 5 games today.... followed by an awesome 10 victories win streak in the S-51. Still ended the day with a possitive 17 wins and 1 draw in 24 games so nothing too bad.

Also Leo, good luck in the RU server.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 02:23   Link #12358
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
The second german line has wet paper instead of armor, but the VK 3002 M and Curry Panzer can still bounce if it proceeds to hull down, but the Leo proto and Leo 1 are different history, anything, and I mean ANYTHING can and will pen you.
I managed to bounce a shot from a E-75 once in the PTA, that was funny. Still when I'm driving a PTA I don't fancy facing a 13 75/T71 as I can actually get full damage from the autoloader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Started playing on the RU server. I'm going to get a T-34 and see if historical battles are as unpopular there as they are here.
Have you been teamkilled or haven't they realised yet that you're a yankee spy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
You still play Blaat ?! =O
Yup, for better or worse.
Old 2014-05-01, 02:32   Link #12359
Pen3

Once in a while you get those ridiculous bounces like my 50b did from a JpZE100 last night.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 05:55   Link #12360
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Once in a while you get those ridiculous bounces like my 50b did from a JpZE100 last night.
I heard the AMX 50B's turret can bounce shots off the top if you keep the gun elevated to maximum while reloading.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks