AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-10-16, 06:06   Link #3061
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

There was a Miku that had spectrum blue hair that was normally priced. Snow Miku is well above 100 dollars and bound to be insanely overpriced by people selling them off.

There's a very naughty figure that's come from the Honey Blonde series. It does have a good design, but I just can't live with buying a nude one. It just crosses a line I don't want to cross. Someone I know just won't stop raving about and it's another reason I don't want to get this one. This is the figure in question. (Okay, technically the figure is an 18+ product but anything potentially offensive has been covered on the shots on this site. If you're going to get this one, you will need a credit card as PayPal doesn't associate with 18+ products.)

And it seems a LOT of figures, several by the big 3 (Alter, Good Smile and Orchid) have been pushed back to at least November. One site refers to it as Day of the Dead.
Old 2010-10-16, 07:01   Link #3062
white wing
degausser
*Artist

why was snow miku that expensive anyway?
white wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 11:11   Link #3063
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by white wing View Post
why was snow miku that expensive anyway?
It was Limited Edition. Only 1500 made from memory. It's also a figure that has a LOT of counterfeits running around due to its rarity. From memory, someone in this thread bought one that turned out to be fake?
Old 2010-10-16, 20:00   Link #3064
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
It was Limited Edition. Only 1500 made from memory. It's also a figure that has a LOT of counterfeits running around due to its rarity. From memory, someone in this thread bought one that turned out to be fake?
Not exactly.

It's priced higher than normal because it's a Wonder Festival exclusive. That means that GSC first sells it exclusively at WonFes, and then puts it up for sale exclusively on their site. While they do only sell a certain amount at WonFes, the online order is made-for-order, but the window of time in which you can order it isn't too long so the amount made is still relatively small.

The real reason it's priced so highly is the fact that it's only sold on GSC's site- anyone from outside Japan has to use a proxy, which means you're paying for the Nendoroid, then the shipping from GSC to the proxy, then the proxy's fees, then the shipping from the proxy to the buyer... and if you're buying it from someone who bought it from a proxy, you're also paying for their fee and the shipping from them to you!

tl;dr: GSC needs to open an English version of their site, and ship to other countries. There's signs that they're definitely noticing how many foreigners are interested in their products (for instance, Mikatan, a GSC employee who often announces pre-orders opening on her blog, recently started an English version of her blog), so hopefully they'll eventually reach this point.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 20:02   Link #3065
white wing
degausser
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
Not exactly.

It's priced a bit higher because it's a Wonder Festival exclusive. That means that GSC first sells it exclusively at WonFes, and then puts it up for sale exclusively on their site. While they do only sell a certain amount at WonFes, the online order is made-for-order, but the window of time in which you can order it isn't too long so the amount made is still relatively small.

The real reason it's priced so highly is the fact that it's only sold on GSC's site- anyone from outside Japan has to use a proxy, which means you're paying for the Nendoroid, then the shipping from GSC to the proxy, then the proxy's fees, then the shipping from the proxy to the buyer... and if you're buying it from someone who bought it from a proxy, you're also paying for their fee and the shipping from them to you!

tl;dr: GSC needs to open an English version of their site, and ship to other countries. There's signs that they're definitely noticing how many foreigners are interested in their products (for instance, Mikatan, a GSC employee who often announces pre-orders opening on her blog, recently started an English version of her blog), so hopefully they'll eventually reach this point.
hmm kinda like touhou stuff and figures?
online sellers in my country sells touhou figures but usually they are priced higher like twice.
Old 2010-10-16, 22:03   Link #3066
Kudryavka

Quote:
hey that's snow miku right?
actually 50 bucks is cheap, they are like 85-90 dollars here
No, the original Miku released in 2008. I snagged a preorder at HLJ, but with FedEx it's $50. Oh well, that's pretty good for such a rare figure, I guess...
Quote:
Not exactly.

It's priced higher than normal because it's a Wonder Festival exclusive. That means that GSC first sells it exclusively at WonFes, and then puts it up for sale exclusively on their site. While they do only sell a certain amount at WonFes, the online order is made-for-order, but the window of time in which you can order it isn't too long so the amount made is still relatively small.

Hey whoa whoa whoa whoa, link to English Mikatan please! jaja

And talk of the Snow Miku brings me to a funny story about getting mine, which shipped a few weeks ago. Short version: I pay for EMS, package gets to LA customs, USPS sends a substitute deliveryman to deliver the packages on my street, the guy doesn't even attempt to deliver the package and just leaves a "We missed you" note (despite the fact that my people were all at home, and one of them was sitting in front of the front window when he came), no one bothers to catch the postman because they all forgot about my package, I don't find out about this until a week after the BS delivery because I forgot too, I call the PO to ask about my package because I have 15 days to claim it, they say they sent it back in 5 days instead because they felt like it, I email my proxy to look out for my package and resend it. The only reason I went with HLJ for my original Miku order is because AmiAmi and HS only send through USPS, and USPS lost a customer for some months after acting like that. >_>

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-10-16 at 22:13.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 22:09   Link #3067
white wing
degausser
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
No, the original Miku released in 2008. I snagged a preorder at HLJ, but with FedEx it's $50. Oh well, that's pretty good for such a rare figure, I guess...
why not just use ems or something
Old 2010-10-16, 22:18   Link #3068
Kudryavka

Quote:
why not just use ems or something
EMS costs a bit more, and also because using EMS means using USPS, and USPS has ticked me off majorly by doing aforementioned things.

::edit:: Got a payment request, and FedEx shipping is only 647 yen. Less than SAL. I dunno what's going on, but hey.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-10-16 at 22:48.
Old 2010-10-17, 07:54   Link #3069
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I've found EMS to be very reliable and to provide damn fast, safe service. In Australia. Must be different...in America.
Old 2010-10-17, 08:02   Link #3070
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I've found EMS to be very reliable and to provide damn fast, safe service. In Australia. Must be different...in America.
Same. I always get stuff sent via SMS.

Hell, I've still got a SAL parcel coming which was sent the same day as an EMS parcel from the same mob.

I got the EMS in three DAYS to rural Victoria.

Bloody hell, I can't get stuff that quick express posted from Sydney!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 09:49   Link #3071
Kudryavka

To be specific, I have no complaints against EMS, because what happened wasn't their fault. They relayed the package to my public post office service, and they're the ones who screwed up. Hm, maybe EMS goes all the way to Australia because you guys are kinda close to Japan.

Dollar is getting a little better...
Old 2010-10-17, 13:47   Link #3072
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post

Hey whoa whoa whoa whoa, link to English Mikatan please! jaja
http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan-e/

It's actually linked on the left side of the site, and at the bottom of each post...
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 17:54   Link #3073
Kudryavka

Quote:
http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan-e/

It's actually linked on the left side of the site, and at the bottom of each post...
Sorry, I haven't gone to the JPN site in a while. Thank you.
Old 2010-10-18, 06:47   Link #3074
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Same. I always get stuff sent via SMS.
Direct to your cell phone? xD
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 06:52   Link #3075
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

My Ran keyring arrived today, but she's actually larger than anticipated. I don't think I will put her on my keys. ;.;
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 21:48   Link #3076
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
Direct to your cell phone? xD
There's always a fucking comedian...

XD

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 23:23   Link #3077
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I think they should have made the hole bigger.... this thing can barely fit my head XD.
Old 2010-10-19, 05:03   Link #3078
Revan21

I see GSC Hitagi has been delayed until December, and GSC BRS Anime Ver. to November

http://wcloudxkumo.wordpress.com/201...r-2010-part-4/
Old 2010-10-19, 10:43   Link #3079
Qikz

My Angel Beats Petit set 1 arrived today, they're so cool.

Although the box got damaged at some point during transit, I've never had that happen before with Hobby Search or by using EMS, but inside was padded with loads of paper as per usual, but the squashing on the box was evident on the actual petit box which I was dissapointed about. I've got some photos of the box damage and the petits (I had so much trouble putting the bases together and putting them on the base ).

Spoiler for quite big images, so I'll spoiler them:

I think I've got Shiina posed wrong, but when I finally got her on the base I was so happy I just went with it. My large hands/fingers made them so hard to fit together. :P

EDIT: Yeah, changed Shiina's pose to just the standing one. I still can't even get the other base arm to fit in the thing.

Last edited by Qikz; 2010-10-19 at 11:06.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 18:58   Link #3080
Seitsuki
Onee!

Hm, I've always been rather unhappy with excess packaging because I thought it drove up the shipping fee way too much (tight budget :D) but yeah when the box turns up damaged it's pretty lame as well. Can't have you cake, etc..

Quote:
the online order is made-for-order
gay, I practically camped their website waiting for orders to start up as I thought the only stock would be the left-overs from WonFest. Ah well, shiny <3