AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-05, 02:02   Link #121
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
What i found a bit inspiring is that there is so much hope left in the people touched by what happened, in the face of even more disaster in the future. hmm.... i wish there could be a movie about this.
Old 2004-07-06, 18:25   Link #122
tracer

I too hope for a movie
Old 2004-07-09, 12:31   Link #123
Nosfera2

Exclamation Aion ep24. FINAL EPISODE EXPLAINED!

Look below

Last edited by Nosfera2; 2004-07-09 at 13:27.
Old 2004-07-09, 13:25   Link #124
Nosfera2

Exclamation Ending explained here

Ending Explained here!

For those who think Aion is God:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-09, 15:01   Link #125
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Nosfera2 your explanation for this episode was the most mind-thoughtful, analytic, and subjective logical that I have ever read within this thread.

You found the needle on the haystack.

At this present era, what we need to give serious thoughts about is not where we're going after departing from this life, but rather to wake faith upon us to give us self assurance that we'll do just fine in the afterlife.

The same goes for being concerned how much are we going to live or how many years remaining do we have to spend alive. Won't it be better just to live our lives to the fullest each day without grave concerns or fears about death, divine judgement, and hell?

The only thing bad about human nature is that 'we' the people tend to remember others more for what they did or contributed to humankind throughout history rather than for who they really were.

Take, for example, all the scientists and inventors like Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Marie Curie, etc. We remembered them mainly for their scientific discoveries and inventions that help revolutionize mankind's technology and society, but very few remembered them for the person who were they originally.

Another extreme case in the opposite direction were the tyrants like Adolf Hitler. The ideology of hatred and violence that these persons propagated into their respective people sparked wars, discords, and pave the way to abominable acts against other fellow humans.
In Hitler's case, he will always be remembered for having induced the 'Holocaust' and spreading his Anti-Jew resentment before and during the black years of World War II.
And the Holocaust is just another tragedy in man's history that will forever be etched into our minds (as a whole) and never be forgotten.

Unfortunately, as human beings we tend to recall vividly tragic events such as the 'Holocaust' more than glorious happenings.

This case is suitable applied to Rosette and Chrno. Sure, both will be remember for who were they throughout the Magdala Order, however, the rest of USA population (mainly the San Francisco community) will only remembered them for what they did. And I bet that with the passage of time, few members of future generations of the Magdala Order will remember Chrno and Rosette for what they did rather for who they really were.

What time, change, and fate (all three combined) do is turning those exceptional people aside from the rest into martyrs, in short.

That's what became of both Rosette and Chrno, both turned into martyrs for what they had put faith into: staying together until the end of their days.

Last edited by Guido; 2004-07-09 at 15:06. Reason: Grammatical errors found
Old 2004-07-10, 03:03   Link #126
-=Sasuke=-

Send a message via AIM to -=Sasuke=- Send a message via MSN to -=Sasuke=-
Hi. I don't think any of you know me, i havent been on this board for like a year, and i think it went through another phase, because my 200-some posts are gone -.-!

Anyway, i just want to adress to Gravity about Aion being Jesus. After reading all #125 post, because i just got done with the series (lazy factor). I found that no one really adressed this clearly, because i am still a bit hazy.

The thing i think is like most people who have been contributing bits and pieices to this answer. That Aion is not Jesus, nor is he god, or anything really that superior really. I do believe hes dead and when Remmington saw him at the end, I don't think that was really him. This is also something in my mind i am not sure about because of his horn. If his horn can resume, or speed up time then wouldnt that mean he would be able to just use his shadow clone thing again, watch the battle from afar to make chrno use all of his power, obviously because he doesnt want to get killed. Then mabye foward himself in time to try to assassinate the pope? I am still not very sure...

Which still doesn't answer anything actually. My thought was that even though Aion is saying he is the Alpha and Omega was just to, like another person said "be cool". The other thing he said, "Lord, why hast thou forsaken me", i think that could also just be a sick way of saying "Why did i have this part in your plan? Why did i have to be the fallen angel whos ambitions were too great? That i would die for the sake of setting an example that your will is preordained and all we can do is play our part?" etc... Then again, the devil is also someone whos only real power is deception.

In fact, the devil knows the bible front and back, better then anyone on this earth. Why? Because of the deception. The only way he can get people to sin is to use the word of God against them, or use their ignorance/cluelessness as a tool. Probably the most known example is in the new testament. In the four gospels it tells the story of Jesus and in it, the temptation. After He had fasted Satan came to test him. Why again? Because here Satan isnt completely sure that he is the Son of God. He has an idea, but still he is not sure. Which is why each time he says "If you are trully the Son of God..." That right there is his cluelessness. He had to test Jesus, and because Jesus was not tempted, he was sure of who Jesus was.

Sorry if it was long, or made no sense, or went off topic. Yeah, my mind is either really aware right now, or i am only deciving myself. By the way, the ending was awesome, this series was really something, in that dark sort of way...
Old 2004-07-10, 03:08   Link #127
-=Sasuke=-

Send a message via AIM to -=Sasuke=- Send a message via MSN to -=Sasuke=-
Definitely 4, 16, 17, 24.

They were all great but these episodes struck me the most, and they were really captivating, these eps made me think "man....this show freaking rocks."
Old 2004-07-14, 02:48   Link #128
Anlushac11

I just finished watching the series and I was holding it together OK til Rosette started crying and saying she didnt want to die, then I lost it. I havent cried this hard since Kanon and one other I cant remember. Gunslinger Girls was sad too.,

It was better when Azamaria saw their ghosts and realized they lived happily together there and died happy and content together. If I had to go I would wish to go the way they did, with someone I loved and was happy to be with, even in death.

I alaso believe they are buried together. I think Chrnos did not disappear because he chose to remain in his human form to be with Rosette and thus died as a human. It could also be a sign that god had forgiven him for his sins.

Also when Remington was on the phone to Sister Kate and she asked how he got from Ney York to 'Cisco so fast I believe he said "Im an Angel"

According to teh teachings I recieved as a kid on religion, Remington commited the unforgivable sin when he tore off his wings and denied god. Denying god, or Jesus is considered the unforgivable sin in Christianity. So he is now a fallen angel roaming for eternity trying to find a way to atone for his sin.

Also Aion was killed but Aion is the embodiement of evil. You cant kill evil. When the nun told Sister Kate that another Stigmata case had shown up in Florida it meant the war with evil never ends. Another one chosen by god has been revealed and in the end we see Aion back, evil cannot be killed so it is the eternal struggle of good versus evil. Also the guy that bumped into Remington was the would be assasin and was being guided by Aion.

And in the end Aion thinks he has freedom but I think what was meant by the last part of the ending passage is that even Aion is one of gods creatures and as such is subject to gods plans and desires. What Aion may think are his own actions are actually all part of gods plan. And only time will tell what that plan is.

God this has really got me depressed now.
Old 2004-07-14, 04:47   Link #129
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

I think everyone who enjoyed the series couldn't help but to royally feel depressed at the end of it

I know I sure as hell did...damned shows ripping out your hearts :P
Old 2004-07-15, 20:56   Link #130
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Me too , and it maked me do some reasearch about this revelation of fatima thing...

Remington finished like an itinerant, or he forgot shaving that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
And in the end Aion thinks he has freedom but I think what was meant by the last part of the ending passage is that even Aion is one of gods creatures and as such is subject to gods plans and desires. What Aion may think are his own actions are actually all part of gods plan. And only time will tell what that plan is.
depressing....Using toilet paper because i already finished all the tissues.
Old 2004-07-16, 07:05   Link #131
TrueKnight

So uh....guys. What exactly is the content of the Fatima Phropecy anyway? I knew that the Virgin Mary appareance in Portugal was real, but what its all about anyway?
Old 2004-07-21, 08:23   Link #132
Anlushac11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
So uh....guys. What exactly is the content of the Fatima Phropecy anyway? I knew that the Virgin Mary appareance in Portugal was real, but what its all about anyway?
3rd Prophecy of Fatima:

"After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire but they died out in contact with the splendor that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand.

Pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: Penance, Penance, Penance! And we saw in an immense light that is God: something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it; a Bishop dressed in white; we had the impression that it was the Holy Father; other bishops, priests, religious men and women going up a steep mountain at the top of which there was a big cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark;

before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way;

Having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him and in the same way there died one after another the bishops, priests, religious men and women and various lay people of different ranks and positions.

Beneath the two arms of the cross there were two angels each with a crystal in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.
Old 2004-07-21, 10:52   Link #133
Airnest

I just finished watching the series. As for the ending, Nosfera2 gave the best explanation and made the most sense and he hit it right on target. Some of the people were throwing wild theories such as Aion not dying or Aion being God because they took the ending literally, instead of analyzing it carefully.

Great story.
Old 2004-07-23, 15:42   Link #134
yousack

I'm going to clarify a lot of things for you guys.

Basic Fatima Prophecies:
Prophecy 1: World War II
Prophecy 2: Spread of Communism
Prophecy 3: Attempted assassination of the Pope

The Devil and The Beast:
They are NOT the same thing. The Beast signifies the Antichrist, who is human but will be indwelt by Satan himself.

Theories:
I think Aion uttered those last words "eloi, eloi" to mock Christ's last words. After all, he "dies" for what he believes in and he is the "shadow of God." So it would make sense for him to mock it, right?

Aion is the representation of evil, and I don't think it's even plausible for people to think he is the representation of God. He almost rapes Stella, causes Rosette to fall away from her faith, kills people without a second thought, and people think he is God?! What are you guys thinking?
Old 2004-07-24, 10:08   Link #135
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
It was better when Azamaria saw their ghosts and realized they lived happily together there and died happy and content together. If I had to go I would wish to go the way they did, with someone I loved and was happy to be with, even in death.
To correct u there, what Azmaria saw is not Chrno and Rossete's ghosts. She was just thinking that what they had done inside the house b4 they died.

Remember Azmaria was so shocked and sad when she first saw they died outside sitting on the bench.
BUT..... right after she went inside the house and looked around the table (notes the 2 plates on the table) and furnitures, she realised that Chrno and Rossete were having a normal life as a HAPPY COUPLE at their last moments. That's why Azmaria smiled and went back to see them outside.
I hope that clears things up
Old 2004-08-16, 21:53   Link #136
Kodain
Guntai

After reading all of the posts I have never seen such consideration or interest. But I really agree with Nosferata2. But I need to clarify some things. The Beast may refer to the last evangelium that is called in my mothers tongue "Uppenbarelseboken" written by Johannes which tells about a monster that rises from the sea carrying the number 666 and those who fall for its influence get the number on them. Then when hopse sem to be lost God bings salvation by clearing the humans from the grasp of the devil. Tough Hell is not ever explained in the bible it contains the story of the fallen angel Lucifer. Aion is "An immortal created by greed" which means that as long as there is greed he will linger on. You can also refer to it as "Thou can not bring salvation without chaos" in other words, God and the devil need each other. Aion represents the evil in peoples hearts. And God is there to bless the lost ones. And this goes on in a perfect circle of life until the Apocalypse which will destroy humanity which will be set anew, and so shall it go on until etenity.
Old 2006-08-12, 02:03   Link #137
Bob from Walmart

Ok im sorry but i had to comment on this!!

The Ending

I just finished watching it and the ending was like someone giving me a check for a million dollars then ripping it apart just before giving it to me, pretty much your practical kick in the balls ending like in Elfen Lied.

So many more alternative endings to satisfy me in a way without making me cry were thought up plus the creation of a whole buncha questions about wtf just happend.

Not really possible

Its kinda hard to discuss about such a topic when its already based on something unstable and still mysterious in reality. We still dont know the truths to God and the Devil but we know that inorder for good to exist evil must exist as well. But the definition of what makes something evil is difficult to describe because the definition is according to our perspectives and what us humans dislike. If god created pain and sufferance does that make him evil? , Do we really have freedom if were really choosing to love god out of fear from going to hell? (hard to deny the person who has a gun pointed at your head).

Chances of a sequel

Its been 3 years so looks doubtful lol, sorry for the late post again.
But in a way maybe Chrono and Rosette get reincarnated or reborn. At the beginning i thought thats what happend to that magaladane or whoever loved Chrono before Rosette. But if everything seems to be going in a cycle where things end and the beginning of things start in this new era, since Aion seemed to be alive maybe the story continues with Chrono and Rosette in reincarnated bodies or something plus Chrono didnt really forfill his purpose did he? , rosette still died, omfg its such a sad ending i hate watching depressing anime, i so did not expect this just like elfen lied >_< .

It pains me to think of the ending and how Rosette was clinging onto Chrono saying how she was scared and didnt want to die... there better be a sequel or something that continues on from here thats not sad. or a samiliar anime thats not gonna make my eyes water.
Old 2006-08-12, 02:21   Link #138
Bob from Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousack
I'm going to clarify a lot of things for you guys.

Basic Fatima Prophecies:
Prophecy 1: World War II
Prophecy 2: Spread of Communism
Prophecy 3: Attempted assassination of the Pope

The Devil and The Beast:
They are NOT the same thing. The Beast signifies the Antichrist, who is human but will be indwelt by Satan himself.

Theories:
I think Aion uttered those last words "eloi, eloi" to mock Christ's last words. After all, he "dies" for what he believes in and he is the "shadow of God." So it would make sense for him to mock it, right?

Aion is the representation of evil, and I don't think it's even plausible for people to think he is the representation of God. He almost rapes Stella, causes Rosette to fall away from her faith, kills people without a second thought, and people think he is God?! What are you guys thinking?
God might not be defined as "good" or "evil" using the definitions humans have thought up. If something seems favourable to us it becomes good and if anything that hurts us it pretty much becomes evil.... The human mind is selfish just like it is greedy with it always being unstatisfied with whatever it is introduced to and considers everything to lose value as they become more common even how much they aid us in our daily lives, there will always be a problem with everything, technology and etc. Inorder for this "good" to exist there must be an "evil" to differentiate from what we know as "good" and this is logical because it is what makes it capable to distinguish between the two, "how can you see shadows without light?". This is why i think it is possible for Aion represent god in this even tho imo i think its a doubtful intention for the writters to intend some to think that. So i think that Aion does not represent god but the reason and explanation you have for why Aion cant be god is hard to agree on because its hard to define god as good or evil and the reasons you have only seem evil because they are something unfavourable within our society.

PS just so you know god also kills people which doesnt make him good but also doesnt make him evil.
Old 2006-08-24, 14:34   Link #139
RoboPanda

shit... I'm not here to discuss wheter or not Aion became god or actually IS evil or what, but the ending had me depressed.. I could barely get to sleep last night.. Anyways, awesome series, but the ending makes me angry..
Old 2006-10-08, 10:16   Link #140
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oki its a few years late but i have to say something about the end...after just finnish watching this series i can say it is totally heartbreaking...
i really dnt know wht to think of this...its a brilliant ending and a stunning masterpiece but at the same time it feels too harsh but my feelings are wildly out of control...
so its basically an end where everyone dies and even tho i detest it at the same time i truly love it >.<
after reading though some posts im even more confused to wheather aion is really a demon...the whole end seems to imply that its an endless loop of dispair...something which i dnt want and want at the same time...
seriously i didnt mind rosetta and chrno dying but only if their deaths make a difference...to me the end just slaps you in the face...laughing at your deaths and dispair didnt mean anything as the evil will just repeat itself...aion should REMAIN DEAD! >.<
they both died for nothing...then in that case it would have been better to allow them to live...dam you god!! clearly see azumaria crushed and heartbroken after losing her 3 best friends (setella, rosetta and chrno)
lol this reminds me of a quote from bruce almighty (movie)
"god can end my life in an instant if he wanted to but he would rather burn off my feelers and watch me squirm"(implying that humans are like ants and god is a kid with a magniflying glass"
man dispair is what im feeling now...and im pissed to see that nothing concluded...they suffered for nothing but i guess thats life...hope they will one day break out of this loop...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread