AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 22:13   Link #4841
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Wow, this ep was pretty good. The mystery is really deepening and getting interesting. My only complaint was that they waited until now to reveal so much. But then again, there seems to be much more going on, and we're barely getting a handle on it. Or maybe, it was just that there were so many episodes that came before, that really didn't seem to go places. Maybe if they had been shortened up...

Anyway, the really interesting team-ups continue, and the ones they face are quite unexpected. I almost get the feeling Mashima mixed everyone up in a bag, and then just randomly drew people to pair off, and then randomly selected a villain.

And of course, we knew there had to be something with Michelle, and now we find out she's not the Michelle we thought she was. Looking forward to more...
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 22:37   Link #4842
ginger02

Very awesome episode. This arc is turning into one of my favorites. lol is that weird to say for a filler arc?

I love all the mystery. One question answered then another raised. Michelle is fascinating. Though we all knew something was up with her. But this is really strange, and seems like Byro sees it too.

Lol Dan and Angel. Angel should have summoned something cooler than a giant baby. Creeps me out. I think it's safe to say Fried has got a tiny crush on Laxus

Wendy's new spell was cool.
Poor Doranbolt, he's been feeling sad over Wendy because he feels like he let them die. I like that Lahar wants him to find out for himself, so he can go on with his life. At least we know why he left the Rune Knights.

I still don't get why nothing happened to Mest when Racer stabbed him? Can someone explain that please?
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 22:48   Link #4843
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
I still don't get why nothing happened to Mest when Racer stabbed him? Can someone explain that please?
Probably because the dagger was specially tuned to only affect the "biological link" on the girl. But because she wasn't stabbed directly, she still lived, albeit lost her magic.

But yeah, Mest was fairly awesome in this episode. I'm liking him, and the way they are fleshing out his character. There does seem to be some fairly good development of secondary characters going on here.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 23:37   Link #4844
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Probably because the dagger was specially tuned to only affect the "biological link" on the girl. But because she wasn't stabbed directly, she still lived, albeit lost her magic.

But yeah, Mest was fairly awesome in this episode. I'm liking him, and the way they are fleshing out his character. There does seem to be some fairly good development of secondary characters going on here.
I was thinking it was something like that as well. Would make the most sense. It seems like maybe the dagger doesn't need to stab the person herself. I think we'll find out more later.

And loving Doranbolt's character development. I know a lot of folks don't like him, but i love him, and this helps give more light into him. Plus if anyone says he doesn't do an good we could always use this example lol
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 03:47   Link #4845
ookamigirl

Gray, Laxus + Dan team sure got an interesting opponent.
Dan is just hopeless though.
I wonder how that guy managed to survive up til now.
Each Fairy Tail team got one Oracion Seis member to fight against.
Geez, 2 or 3 against 1 and they were still struggling in a fight.
Mest thought they all died 7 years ago, that's why he turned into a drunk.
Boy will he be in for a nice surprise!
Katja and Nico's appearance was short, but probably important in some way, I guess.
Seems like Lucy's Michelle is an imposter with her own agenda.
Things are getting really interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 04:20   Link #4846
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Each Fairy Tail team got one Oracion Seis member to fight against.
Geez, 2 or 3 against 1 and they were still struggling in a fight.
Makes sense; That's how things went last time, and the O6 are even stronger now.

Darn it, Bixlow and Evergreen, use your hax eye powers!

I guess Cobra would know how to avoid it, though. Damn, that guy's broken. Plus his subplot isn't done yet, so the team he's fighting pretty much can't win.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 07:50   Link #4847
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
And of course, we knew there had to be something with Michelle, and now we find out she's not the Michelle we thought she was. Looking forward to more...
They have been virtually screaming that from the rooftops ever since the arc started anyway. It was about damned time.

This arc is indeed turning out quite interesting indeed even with the slight pacing issues it has. A great example is the Kajta (I think that's right) sub-plot that got started and apparently kind of ended in a couple of episodes even if that might be a bit premature to say.

However and even with all it's flaws this might just turn out to be an example for filler arcs everywhere. Plenty of development for minor characters, a plot that actually makes sense and decent enough pacing with not out-of-character moments. Kudos A-1! Kudos!
Old 2012-08-11, 12:34   Link #4848
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well naturally this enemy is just as annoying as ever. Though I have to wonder if Cana was drinking too much before those divination. About the only pair that's done well has been Wendy and Bixlow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Makes sense; That's how things went last time, and the O6 are even stronger now.

Darn it, Bixlow and Evergreen, use your hax eye powers!

I guess Cobra would know how to avoid it, though. Damn, that guy's broken. Plus his subplot isn't done yet, so the team he's fighting pretty much can't win.
To be fair Cobra was freaking broken back in the original story. I mean can hear your attack strategies so can avoid and happens to have poison dragon slaying magic. What can you do for someone like that? Make him even more broken than before . So now have to hit a guy who can read your thoughts, poison you, and blast you with powerful sound waves....yeah sure.

And yeah serious plot hole there. I mean Bixlow's mask is even damaged so seriously dude use it . This is also why Evergreen isn't going to go anywhere, doesn't use her abilities properly . Who cares if Cobra can hear the plan he'll still have to either turn away or close his eyes, either way it's a benefit for Erza fighting. But maybe not as big a deal as Bixlow slacking off.
Old 2012-08-11, 15:44   Link #4849
sergel02

I wonder if Kinana or Warren will be used to fight Cobra. Wonder who lily is fighting in the next episode. Juvia seems cool too.

And Wendy's new spell
Old 2012-08-11, 16:38   Link #4850
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This is also why Evergreen isn't going to go anywhere, doesn't use her abilities properly . Who cares if Cobra can hear the plan he'll still have to either turn away or close his eyes, either way it's a benefit for Erza fighting.
Unfortunately, between his hearing and mind-reading, he could probably blind-fight perfectly fine.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 03:48   Link #4851
ginger02

That little scene with Katja talking about her past and stuff was really nice and sad. Loved it.

But what did she mean by 100 years?
Old 2012-08-12, 10:34   Link #4852
ShiroiRyu

Not that bad as a episode.
Really liked it !
Old 2012-08-12, 13:34   Link #4853
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
That little scene with Katja talking about her past and stuff was really nice and sad. Loved it.

But what did she mean by 100 years?
We really need the other half of the explanation she was giving to say for sure.

All the others like her are currently in a state that is easily mistaken for a corpse. Laharl calls it neither dead, nor alive, and it reminds him of suspended animation. 100 years is, IIRC, the charge interval of the clock. Just after making the comment about 100 years, she said she had given up on living "now", and had just been trying to memorize what part of "this age's" landscape looked like. And of course it shouldn't Be possible for a normal human to lose the ability to use magic just like that, at least not according to anything we've seen previously.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 02:40   Link #4854
sergel02

^
So it could be possible that she was caught in a suspended animation before?

I too am wondering about the loss of her magic power. I wonder if it only affects neville disciples or all celestial mages.
Old 2012-08-13, 19:19   Link #4855
Casshern

Mest kinda reminds me of Hei from Darker than Black the way he is now...
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 23:05   Link #4856
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Mest kinda reminds me of Hei from Darker than Black the way he is now...
Mest seems less depressed to me. Mest kind of always seems a bit melancholic though.

I liked that Lahar wants him to find out on his own about fairy tail, that it will help him move on.
Old 2012-08-17, 17:40   Link #4857
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

oh have been on a hold from watching fairy tail for a while, but now that i have covered up with the anime, there are so many things going on in my mind

the more the plot progresses, the more complicated it becomes, i'll say this is the most complicated plot i have ever seen in fairy tail,with so many characters getting involved and so many other new characters being introduced, the plot is also getting more and more darker and Kinana's part is also coming to the surface,
honestly some part of it is even going above my head.
And the new Oracion seis is so damn powerful, there really are just toying with the fairy tail,
...this anime has really started to give chills down my spine

and has fairy tail started showing blood, there was a big splash of it in ep 138
.....and also,now there is even a "jiggle jugs gang"...wtf..and erza getting carried away with them....
Old 2012-08-17, 19:34   Link #4858
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
oh have been on a hold from watching fairy tail for a while, but now that i have covered up with the anime, there are so many things going on in my mind

the more the plot progresses, the more complicated it becomes, i'll say this is the most complicated plot i have ever seen in fairy tail,with so many characters getting involved and so many other new characters being introduced, the plot is also getting more and more darker and Kinana's part is also coming to the surface,
honestly some part of it is even going above my head.
And the new Oracion seis is so damn powerful, there really are just toying with the fairy tail,
...this anime has really started to give chills down my spine

and has fairy tail started showing blood, there was a big splash of it in ep 138
.....and also,now there is even a "jiggle jugs gang"...wtf..and erza getting carried away with them....

My thoughts exactly. Parts of this arc give me the goosebumps, in a good way though. Certainly nothing i really felt before watching Fairy tail, well a couple times, but this arc is loaded with those kinds of spine-chilling moments.

Part of the plots goes over my head as well. I'm not sure if it's because I'm slow or if parts of the plot are convoluted or overly complicated lol. Probably a bit of both. It certainly feels different in comparison to previous arcs for me

I think it's simply because this is a complex arc with A LOT going on. Summaries i find on this arc online are rather lengthy with so much happening. Also, this arc is supposed to at least go through 146, since we have the names up to then. That would put this arc at around 22 episodes. That makes the S-class arc the only one longer than this.
Old 2012-08-17, 21:46   Link #4859
immblueversion

Spoiler for Episode 144:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 21:57   Link #4860
ginger02

The only bad thing is that i think this means the arc will probably end when the opening ends, around 5 episodes i think more.

But gosh, that had to be one of the my favorite Fairy Tail episodes.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen