AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 22:08   Link #1381
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
hahaha, these are hilarious, thanks for them

Hope that DmC is the last =_=
A TRUE DMC5, pls!
I highly doubt that since DmC, despite if it fails or not, will be getting an actual sequel in a few years. Like you, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but at the same time I'm losing hope and being cautiously optimistic about it.

Why can't this die like the FF-13 series, seriously!
Old 2013-01-25, 22:11   Link #1382
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWRI...e_gdata_player
Old 2013-01-25, 22:11   Link #1383
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

I hope Capcom one day at a staff meeting has a long think about what they're doing to their franchises. How could a great company go so wrong? When you saw the logo years ago you knew you were in for a good game, but now-a-days you're skeptical about what you're about to play.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 22:18   Link #1384
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

That's true. Their quality has dropped. I personally think it's gonna keep going on because of the fact that they haven't been bringing in as much revenue as they used to. Plus questionable choices on the directions they take their series in (Resident Evil, Devil May Cry.) Maybe they need the right people to start making decisions? It seems like forever ago when we were getting games like RE4, DMC 3, Okami, God Hand, Viewtiful Joe.

That report about the new development cycle they're gonna start using makes me think things aren't going to get any better soon.
Old 2013-01-25, 22:27   Link #1385
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
I hope Capcom one day at a staff meeting has a long think about what they're doing to their franchises. How could a great company go so wrong? When you saw the logo years ago you knew you were in for a good game, but now-a-days you're skeptical about what you're about to play.
it's just corporate selfishness. It's sad that a great company (Square Enix included) went from greatness and is sinking down faster like the Titanic itself. To them it's not about the gamers anymore, it's all about making half assed games and making revisions months later, taking content from games and having to pay for them, plus making popular franchises drift away from what made them what they were (ie. Resident Evil - Survival Horror to COD type clone etc).

Quote:
That report about the new development cycle they're gonna start using makes me think things aren't going to get any better soon.
I grew up with Capcom and this saddens me deeply, but at the same time they're bringing this upon themselves. It's just a matter of time before the ship fully sinks, so to speak.
Old 2013-01-26, 00:01   Link #1386
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

I think the ship is going to keep on sailing to be honest, money speaks louder than peoples opinions. I heard they fixed some issues with RE6 due to feedback, but that still didn't make it feel like RE4.

That's a good example of a modernized game. 5 & 6 not so much. Reminds me, didn't know us 'western' folk find swearing and edginess more appealing.

Even my mum commented on DmC looking different and 'not' right when I played the demo (she's played the first game) if a 40 year old person who doesn't really play games knows something's off about what she's seeing then surely that means something isn't right.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 00:55   Link #1387
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That's one cool mom O.o
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 01:13   Link #1388
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
Simple, inafune had a hardon for western games, this direction that Capcom has taken was put into place by him.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...hind-quot.aspx

Also as far as DMC is concerned the real DMC team wanted to do Dragon's Dogma instead.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 01:22   Link #1389
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

They're trying too hard to appeal to western audiences. Forgetting what made the titles work and desperately trying new things. I'm all for trying to branch out and trying new things to appeal to a new audience but don't forget about what made your previous games unique and good.
Old 2013-01-26, 01:34   Link #1390
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Lots of great directors are leaving Capcom...

Heard rumors also, about work overload on some employees during RE6 development.
Old 2013-01-26, 01:36   Link #1391
Westlo
Lets be reality

Though considering how consoles are going in Japan (Vita 6th week >> Wii U's 6th week... L O L) you can see why Capcom console games are now more aimed at western markets... They have pretty much got one of the biggest handheld guns in Japan with Monster Hunter anyway...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 01:45   Link #1392
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Lots of great directors are leaving Capcom...

Heard rumors also, about work overload on some employees during RE6 development.
Yeah, I heard even Ono had to be hospitalized due to being overworked. That's another concern about that new development plan that I have: Having less time and less people to work on a game would mean more pressure and stress on them.

@Westlo
True, and they should try new things but just don't forget what works for their established IPs

Essentially kinda like what they did with Resident Evil 4. Tried new things but also looked at what worked in the past and kept those elements
Old 2013-01-26, 01:48   Link #1393
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I always wondered why no one went to Inafune and asked him about DmC "Is this what you meant when you wanted western developers to handle your games?"
Old 2013-01-26, 05:27   Link #1394
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Holy shit! DmC Failed To Attract Casual Fans In Japan?! Nobody could have seen this coming !!

Also from siliconera-

Quote:
There are probably a couple of reasons for the difference in sales. For starters, Devil May Cry 4 had a PlayStation 3 hardware bundle, which DmC did not. Additionally, Devil May Cry 4 also had the luxury of being the first game in the series that was being developed for a new generation of consoles. Finally, DmC Devil May Cry is targeted at the western market, which likely played a role in the game’s Japanese sales as well.
Yeah clearly it's those reasons *cough*
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 06:00   Link #1395
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I say DmC crapped because no one cares about the series in capcom anymore. They could farm it out to someone who does. Honestly, judging from initial designs, I think Ninja Theory did, then Capcom told them "NO". then fanbase backlash and the whole crew were stuck in a hard place. So they were like "Whatever, let's just pump out whatever and slap on DmC name on it.".

Lock-on is definitely a casual gamer's must. Why they remove it and expect to get casual gamers is very mind bending. How many games can you count to be easy to aim with without lock-on?

@_@
Old 2013-01-26, 06:43   Link #1396
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I always wondered why no one went to Inafune and asked him about DmC "Is this what you meant when you wanted western developers to handle your games?"
You know as ironc as it is this is what he said in regards to DMC back then:

Quote:
"Yes, there are a lot of fans of the Devil May Cry series,” he said. "We need to look at them, analyse what they want in a game, what they don't want in a game, and then take that into account for if we are going to create a future title, and see if there is something we can create that is going to overcome their expectations, as well as create a title that's going to get a lot of critical acclaim and be reviewed quite well.”

"We don't just want to come at it and just say, oh it's a popular series, let's make a sequel. We want to say, let's make a sequel that's going to be custom-tailored to what the fans want, and on top of that, prove that, again, it's a great game, it's a fun game, it's got lasting appeal, and it's going to be particularly well-liked by the media as well.
Kinda funny.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 07:20   Link #1397
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Holy shit! DmC Failed To Attract Casual Fans In Japan?! Nobody could have seen this coming !!

Also from siliconera-

Yeah clearly it's those reasons *cough*
It's funny to see people reaching for excuses like that. Just so shameless *Kotegawa voice*
Old 2013-01-26, 07:22   Link #1398
demino_hellsin
That one guy

what's sadder is that Inafune said that when he wanted to get western devs, he said that his work will always be for the enjoyment of Japanese gamers as well. It seemed DmC lost this kind of thinking and just went with western devs = western audience.
Old 2013-01-26, 07:33   Link #1399
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

That is sad. When Capcom was making quality games they appealed to different types of audiences. Now they're alienating an established fanbase by trying to appeal to a new crowd without having much for established fans.

So far the sales and fan reception that DmC is getting is proof that this was a bad move.
Old 2013-01-26, 09:19   Link #1400
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

some REAL Shakespeare!