AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-05-24, 02:18   Link #81
cyoti

What exactly was the original point of pairing Athrun with Cagalli anyways other than the fact that she was Kira's biological sister?

Meyrin and Athrun seems to make more sense giving that the rest of the pairings in GSD between Kira and Lacus and Shinn and Lunamaria were between coordiantors.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 03:11   Link #82
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
As true as that may be, I think the Athrun and Cagalli pairing was a good thing due to the fact that it shows that coordinators and naturals can more than just co-exist, but love each other.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 12:05   Link #83
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
As true as that may be, I think the Athrun and Cagalli pairing was a good thing due to the fact that it shows that coordinators and naturals can more than just co-exist, but love each other.
I approve of that statement.

That's what I believe should've been done, too.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 11:13   Link #84
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i like asucaga pairing because they much like a couple
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 11:37   Link #85
mikyu

hmm yeah that's a point, if they would focus a bit more about asucaga then the coordinator/natural thing would be in the center again. since the war was acutally about that (in GSD naturals and coordinators are suddenly friendly to each other o.O)

I always wondered what happen when cagalli makes it public that she's in love with a coordinator and has a coordinator brother ...
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 11:43   Link #86
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
The necessity of Coordinator-Natural co-existence may have been a point in Gundam Seed, but it certain wasn't in GSD imo so I think it's quite understandable why the writers had Athrun switch over to Meyrin given that the story in GSD had more emphasis imo on the internal conflict between the coordinators rather than that between naturals and coordinators.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 14:33   Link #87
mikyu

@ cyoti

you sound like it's already fact that athurn is with meyrin ...
well however, i just hope that there won't be a asucaga asumey fight here

btw. it's a shame that GSD suddenly changed to "we have to fight the evil weapon producers", the coordinator/natural war was more interesting
Old 2007-05-25, 19:16   Link #88
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu View Post
@ cyoti

you sound like it's already fact that athurn is with meyrin ...
well however, i just hope that there won't be a asucaga asumey fight here

btw. it's a shame that GSD suddenly changed to "we have to fight the evil weapon producers", the coordinator/natural war was more interesting
Yeah, it tried to be too much like a, dare I say, "whiney liberal" in GSD.

Oh, those corporations....

I fully agree that the Coordinator/Natural war was more interesting than the LOGOS crap.

Old 2007-05-31, 07:35   Link #89
gundam wizard nite
gundam wiz

Send a message via AIM to gundam wizard nite Send a message via Yahoo to gundam wizard nite
there is no hope but sometimes thins change
gundam wizard nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 02:41   Link #90
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Coordinators and Naturals friendly to each other in GSD? O.o;; Um, maybe if that happened, there would be no "Dully orchestrated war" to begin with...in other words, no GSD...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 09:35   Link #91
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Coordinators and Naturals friendly to each other in GSD? O.o;; Um, maybe if that happened, there would be no "Dully orchestrated war" to begin with...in other words, no GSD...
Um, that's not really the point.

It's a small step towards showing that Naturals and Coordinators can reconcile...

Old 2007-06-04, 10:24   Link #92
cf18
Mecha Pilot

LOL what are you guys arguing about? Cagalli Yula Athha was more or less removed as a major character because the VA Naomi Shindō pissed off the producer/writer. She never had a line since episode 45.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 18:01   Link #93
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
LOL what are you guys arguing about? Cagalli Yula Athha was more or less removed as a major character because the VA Naomi Shindō pissed off the producer/writer. She never had a line since episode 45.
speculation and a rumor
Old 2007-06-04, 21:00   Link #94
overthere!

Send a message via AIM to overthere! Send a message via MSN to overthere! Send a message via Yahoo to overthere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
They can always find a new seiyuu :P. Removing Cagalli as a major character is like ruling out all of orb in the movie. I don't think that's going to happen as they have played a major role in the first two parts.
overthere! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 12:41   Link #95
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
for me i think the producer/waiter are so childish
just only that they make nami shindou hadn't a line since episode 45

that's why many people hate the producer in this GSD and the producer wife (if i'm not wrong)
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 16:54   Link #96
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
for me i think the producer/waiter are so childish
just only that they make nami shindou hadn't a line since episode 45

that's why many people hate the producer in this GSD and the producer wife (if i'm not wrong)
Mitsuo Fukuda is the director, and Chiaki Morosawa, his wife, is the scriptwriter. They suck, really.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 05:37   Link #97
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Athrun and Cagalli didn't reconcile either, their relationship is hanging in the balance mid series, and then it was left hanging. And it's more of a duty bound thing that is why they can't be together. Added to the problem of them being different, a Natural and a Coordinator. If that isn't any indication of unresolved issues between the Coordinators and the Naturals (their beliefs, etc.) then I don't know what is...and what they had in Destiny was just a prelude of things to come.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 12:19   Link #98
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn_Kabuto View Post
Mitsuo Fukuda is the director, and Chiaki Morosawa, his wife, is the scriptwriter. They suck, really.
Fukuda doesn't suck, contrary to "popular *forum* belief" - He was responsible for the excellent SEED series after all, which I thought was a fresh new spin on the old UC tale - the theme was changed to suit modern tastes, and brought a whole new fanbase into Gundam - certain people wish to ignore this, and blame Fukuda for putting elements into GS/GSD which they didn't like, immediately making claims about Fukuda's supposed incompetence.

His wife, Morosawa however, is fairly mediocre in my opinion. . From information I've gleamed though, it seems she's fairly good with interesting relationships; GSD had a bit of a bungle when it came to meshing the relationships and the main story together.

But that doesn't make Fukuda a bad director, but I reckon he needs to realise that sometimes he has to seperate his artistic works from his personal life, and make a decision with that in mind - there's better people for the job out there, I think.
Old 2007-06-09, 12:31   Link #99
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I have no qualms with Fukuda other than the choice he made as his screenwriter for Destiny. As already said, the interrelationship story and plot seemed like a total chaos about ready to explode. As one of the audiences, I felt I was losing focus on the story of what Destiny was really meant to be about.

But, this isn't about that. It's about whether Cagalli and Athrun has a chance of getting back together. With the popularity of the series having gone down, we may never find out.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-09, 16:49   Link #100
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Fukuda doesn't suck, contrary to "popular *forum* belief" - He was responsible for the excellent SEED series after all, which I thought was a fresh new spin on the old UC tale - the theme was changed to suit modern tastes, and brought a whole new fanbase into Gundam - certain people wish to ignore this, and blame Fukuda for putting elements into GS/GSD which they didn't like, immediately making claims about Fukuda's supposed incompetence.

His wife, Morosawa however, is fairly mediocre in my opinion. . From information I've gleamed though, it seems she's fairly good with interesting relationships; GSD had a bit of a bungle when it came to meshing the relationships and the main story together.

But that doesn't make Fukuda a bad director, but I reckon he needs to realise that sometimes he has to seperate his artistic works from his personal life, and make a decision with that in mind - there's better people for the job out there, I think.
I know. he had done a good job in SEED but in Destiny? He have done a horrible job. I hope in the movie, he'll make it better. Sheesh....
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote