AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-25, 17:00   Link #1761
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
I recently got the English release versions of Gundam OOF.
My question is this; is Hixar Fermi wearing a bomb collar? In the character design pages, and the last manga chapter, you can see a choker-like thing clipped around his neck that, on inspection, is identical to the slim bomb collars on Fon and [in the bonus design sketches] Marlene.
So, is Hixar ever confirmed to be wearing a bomb collar, and why?
Hixar was never mentioned to have worn a bomb collar as far as I'm aware (I could be wrong though), whether what he was wearing was one or not is up to interpretation of that choker he's wearing. Fon and Marlene are mentioned to wear them though, because they're criminals.

Unlike Fon and Marlene though, Hixar is an Innovade and its not hard for for Veda to make him do things; just like it did in regards to making Hixar to kill Grave; if I'm remembering the murder correctly. If that thing is a collar bomb though, that means its possible that it's a quick countermeasure just in case Hixar does something against Veda's wishes that it could react quickly enough.

You could go ask Homeless from Zook's Gundam 00 Forums, maybe she'll know.
Old 2011-08-25, 18:04   Link #1762
kakakka

From what I remember, Hixar is wearing a bomb collar. He lent his life serving Veda after Grave's death, and the collar serves as a reminder.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 09:32   Link #1763
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
This is my question about GN Particles. What are the positive and negative effects of GN particles? Are all types of GN particles are toxic to the human body?
Old 2011-09-04, 17:58   Link #1764
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
This is my question about GN Particles. What are the positive and negative effects of GN particles? Are all types of GN particles are toxic to the human body?
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GN_Particles
Old 2011-09-13, 04:38   Link #1765
Myname

Should I watch the Zeta Gundam movies over the TV series?
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 05:39   Link #1766
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Should I watch the Zeta Gundam movies over the TV series?
the Zeta movies had a very fast pacing into the story.. i suggest you watch the series first before the movies.. you'll appreciate how lovely the character designs have improved in the movie..

Spoiler for ....:
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 15:30   Link #1767
monster

Someone explain this to me:

Why is it that anytime a person in a Gundam series outside of the UC timeline displays psychic powers, people would assume it's Newtype? I know UC is very influential in the Gundam franchise. But can't we at least call it psychic until they are confirmed to be called Newtype or otherwise?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 15:49   Link #1768
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I think they're calling it 'newtype' is just a way to address that specific kind of power that's become common in any Gundam series. Calling them 'psychic' is just too general and not 'catchy' for the Gundam fans ^_^.
Old 2011-10-23, 15:53   Link #1769
brightman
Ancient Member

Yeah, its not even clear still what "Newtype" means anyway so lets just go with the flow...
Old 2011-10-23, 16:04   Link #1770
monster

Ugh, fine. I guess, like other fandom, we (Gundam fans) have to be special too.
Old 2011-10-24, 00:05   Link #1771
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Newtype is like a general word in Gundam I guess, that's why we use it. I think it fits in my opinion as a temporary calling until the official name comes out (I don't think most of us really believe that the official AU in question name will be Newtype).

And its the original Gundam psychic people's term so why not?
Old 2011-11-12, 00:59   Link #1772
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

In Gundam SEED, did Yzak ever learn the truth about the shuttle he shot down? Because it does seem odd that he seems to get away scott-free from that little war crime.
Old 2011-11-12, 02:51   Link #1773
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
In Gundam SEED, did Yzak ever learn the truth about the shuttle he shot down? Because it does seem odd that he seems to get away scott-free from that little war crime.
If he did, I don't remember it being shown in the animation. Besides, I don't know how liable Yzak would be to such a charge as it happened during a battle and Yzak didn't know the people who were in that shuttle.

Last edited by monster; 2011-11-12 at 03:10.
Old 2011-11-22, 12:24   Link #1774
JC...
I am a Pie

I'm not sure if anyone will know, but when the Unicorn is punched in the torso by the Kshatriya, is it meant to be the force of the impact that causes Banagher to throw up, or the fact that his mind is connected to the Unicorn and the "brain waves" transmit back to his body that he's been punched in the stomach?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 17:16   Link #1775
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
I'm not sure if anyone will know, but when the Unicorn is punched in the torso by the Kshatriya, is it meant to be the force of the impact that causes Banagher to throw up, or the fact that his mind is connected to the Unicorn and the "brain waves" transmit back to his body that he's been punched in the stomach?
I'd go with the former, honestly. I don't know how the psychframe could translate the sensation of being punched in the stomach back to the pilot without bringing some unfortunate technical problems into play.
Old 2011-11-25, 20:47   Link #1776
Araxiel

I don't expect there's even an answer to this, but I'll ask anyway.
Why is the Tallgeese called that? Does it have any particular meaning, or did the designer just pick two random English words and stick them together?
Old 2011-11-25, 21:38   Link #1777
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Why is the Tallgeese called that? Does it have any particular meaning, or did the designer just pick two random English words and stick them together?
First, it was called ‘Tall’ coz it IS the tallest MS in GW anime (don’t know about the side-story mangas) which can only be rivaled by Epyon. Here’s the height comparison:

Tallgeese : 17.4 meters
Epyon : 17.4 meters
Wing : 16.3 meters
Wing Zero : 16.7 meters
Deathscythe : 16.3 meters
Deathscythe Hell : 16.3 meters
Heavyarms : 16.7 meters
Heavyarms Kai : 16.7 meters
Shenlong : 16.4 meters
Altron : 16.4 meters
Sandrock : 16.5 meters
Sandrock Kai : 16.5 meters
Vayette : 16.3 meters
Mercurius : 16.3 meters
Maganac : 16.4 meters
Leo : 16.2 meters
Aries :16.9 meters
Taurus : 16.8 meters
Virgo : 16.3 meters
Cancer : 16.9 meters
Pisces :16 meters

As for the ‘geese’ part, I think that’s just something the designers (or whoever) came up with to complete the at-least-two-syllables requirement of mecha names. Still, 'Tallgeese' is a very original cool-name. I like it.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:43   Link #1778
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
First, it was called ‘Tall’ coz it IS the tallest MS in GW anime (don’t know about the side-story mangas) which can only be rivaled by Epyon.
As for the ‘geese’ part, I think that’s just something the designers (or whoever) came up with to complete the at-least-two-syllables requirement of mecha names. Still, 'Tallgeese' is a very original cool-name. I like it.
Actually, based on Japanese sources, the name of "Tallgeese" is derived from the word "Theurgist". One who presides over ritual.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 22:49   Link #1779
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Actually, based on Japanese sources, the name of "Tallgeese" is derived from the word "Theurgist". One who presides over ritual.
Wow, another new information. Thanx. Where do you get it from? All sites that I check said that the 'tall' part in Tallgeese refers to its height.
Old 2011-11-25, 23:05   Link #1780
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Wow, another new information. Thanx. Where do you get it from? All sites that I check said that the 'tall' part in Tallgeese refers to its height.
Its in the Japanese wikipedia
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%...82%AE%E3%82%B9

OZ suits all have pagan religion associations anyway (including Vayate and Mercurius which are based on an Egyptian and Roman god), so Tallgeese might just be a butchered romanization.

Last edited by brightman; 2011-11-25 at 23:18.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote