Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-05-05, 17:20   Link #21
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
I see. So, considering that this MC has a party of only girls in a haremy setting with no progress in romance, this seems like your common Light Novel harem story where the MC is surrounded by only girls with him not choosing anyone to fall in love with, right ?

If so, then not my cup of tea, as I prefer stories where romance is involved with the MC choosing a girl in the story, like both Grandson and the currently airing anime, Darling in the Franxx.
It's not a harem. The romance in this series pretty much amounts to MC and main heroine being smitten for each other at first sight....then nothing. In other words, romance is almost non-existent in this series.
Old 2018-05-05, 22:30   Link #22
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Thanks brooo~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 23:14   Link #23
Nymene

IMHO, a story can have lots of cute girls in it without having to make 3 or more of them attracted, fall in love, or flirt with the MC. Like Darling in the Franxx, where we can see that 3 out of 5 of the girls in the regular casts liking or focused on boys or even a girl who's not the MC ( Kokoro, Miku, and Ikuno ).

I prefer old-school Shounen-like stories, where MC only has 1 Heroine that he'll hook up with. Examples I'll list here are : Yuyu Hakusho, DQ : Dai no Daibouken, Dragon Ball Z, etc.

2 females liking the MC like Franxx is my max limit. 3 or more and I'll stay far away from it. I also prefer stories where the male MC has male friends too in his group like Franxx and Magi's Grandson, with some of his friends also paired off with their own girls.

Surrounded by only girls in his party/group is a setting that has been done in hundreds of LNs, not limited to Isekai, but also in Battle School and Slice of Life/Romcom genres. Gender balanced cast, or at least 2, 3 males in the regular cast is my preference. A ratio of 3 males and 7 females in the cast would also meet my preference, as long as the MC is not the only male in the group. Also, I don't mind Yuri couples ( but not Yaoi ), as long as the MC and his male friends get their own GFs too
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 04:39   Link #24
tsunade666

2 girls. well one technically a dragon that he nearly killed.

no romance. only crushes from main girl and protag but the main girl prefers her profession and the protag prefers to going stronger so the romance is left in the back burner. no progress. no romance at all.

the other girl is a friend which is the best friend of the main heroine.

the old dragon is an acquaintance of the protag from his previews life.

The setting of the party is the dragon as tank, protag as heavy hitter, the main girl as a multi range support while the best friend girl as an archer or long range support.
Old 2018-05-06, 05:03   Link #25
Saihate

^Does the MC ever figure out that he's "the god of Magic" the current people worship and that his old friend is "the god of sword"?

I've been reading the manga and his denseness about this, even though he's supposed to be smart, has put me off from reading the novel. It's been mentioned a few times and they have statues of him yet he somehow can't figure it out :/

Also, does the dragon recognize him?
Saihate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 05:11   Link #26
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I read the manga but the crest system is stupid
Old 2018-05-06, 06:08   Link #27
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

In the WN, the MC never sees any statues of himself or his friend. What's shown in the manga is just added in.

As for the dragon, he specifically went to see her because they're acquainted. During their first meeting, the other girls take note of the MC's previous life's name coming up in the conversation and comment on that being the name of the god, but the subject gets glossed over pretty hard and it's unclear whether the MC, or even the dragon for that matter, make the connection.
Old 2018-05-06, 09:35   Link #28
Rasty

^ From what I remember the dragon has been quite seclusive from the human population, so likely has no idea what even the names of the gods are, but she knows who the MC is. And she is also rather stupid, so there is nothing strange about it.

As for the MC, at least in the about half of the story I have read there was only some foreshadowing about him being the god, but while it's seriously clear to any reader, he seems to not care about such things and even if he were to know he is likely to not put much of importance into that. And it's always only lightly touched (mostly because he doesen't care). As for the friend, I think he considered it as a possibility, but not too seriously.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 09:34   Link #29
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

Kenja 5 illut <<<< https://imgur.com/a/h0coDZS
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 15:32   Link #30
tsunade666

thanks for the illustrations link.
Old 2018-10-19, 07:14   Link #31
Nymene

Wink

For anybody that is reading Shikkaku Mon, I have a suggestion for you.

Please go and read Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha too.

That novel has a similar setting of the MC being reincarnated into the same high fantasy world in the future, but it is.....100 times more interesting and the characters are......1000 times more interesting !! Yes, I'm dead serious ob this !
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 12:53   Link #32
AnimeFangirl

Does it have a manga? I usually read the manga instead.
Old 2019-06-12, 11:09   Link #33
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Uheee, so boring~
Old 2019-06-12, 23:22   Link #34
DanielSong39

This story works best as a buddy story between MC and the dragon, none of the other characters stand out to me. They should just travel the world while maintaining a platonic relationship.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-12, 23:41   Link #35
wuhugm
Confused Shark

MC always TUUUEEE in front of the masses makes me want to puke
Showoff jerk

I appreciate Sugar better now coz most of his TUUUEEE has no audience
Old 2019-06-13, 00:54   Link #36
mickbis

The think that push me off is
Despite how many time this guy show off, abaolute no one question his identity..
Either human in this world are too dumb to realize the obvious or author only want to showoff MC.
Well it my bad that I turn my brain on after reading around halfway
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-13, 01:02   Link #37
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ It's just plain author being bad. Hints that MC is the "god of magic" come up enough times for the chars to connect the dots, but MC and dragon girl don't care enough and brush it off while the two girls in their party don't even try to ask about it.

All this novel is is the author wanting to go full out on the ORE TUEEE trope and nothing else.
Old 2019-06-13, 03:08   Link #38
zztop

Shikkaku's style is more like a Chinese xianxia manhua/Korean power-levelling manhua-webtoon.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-05, 18:13   Link #39
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
MC always TUUUEEE in front of the masses makes me want to puke
Showoff jerk

I appreciate Sugar better now coz most of his TUUUEEE has no audience
Looks like Leomon got decapitated.

Tags
magic and high fantasy, same world reincarnation