AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-12-07, 16:33   Link #61
edf91

Wish there is a bigger picture of that scan - cannot read what in the world is in the article
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 16:43   Link #62
lade

It might run along similar lines , as legend of galactic heroes, where the main protagonist dies, but gains a successor to his work. Zero has outstripped the need for lelouch, he is a symbol of hope and when I think about it , lelouch has burned his bridges with the OBK after abandoning them. With kallen not likely to be a pawn or allow him to use them as pawns(besides lelouch is too far gone down the evil path for even his brains/and leadership to substitute for his personality) , in short they are trading one devil for another probably a worse one.

No, let lelouch die, and a more worthy individual take his place, keeping his brains but leaving a more moral character, in beginning the rebellion he has served his purpose, it's time for the new guy, and if it's rollo , let's give him a chance and see what he's got.
lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 16:45   Link #63
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by lade View Post
It might run along similar lines , as legend of galactic heroes, where the main protagonist dies, but gains a successor to his work. Zero has outstripped the need for lelouch, he is a symbol of hope and when I think about it , lelouch has burned his bridges with the OBK after abandoning them. With kallen not likely to be a pawn or allow him to use them as pawns(besides lelouch is too far gone down the evil path for even his brains/and leadership to substitute for his personality) , in short they are trading one devil for another probably a worse one.

No, let lelouch die, and a more worthy individual take his place, keeping his brains but leaving a more moral character, in beginning the rebellion he has served his purpose, it's time for the new guy, and if it's rollo , let's give him a chance and see what he's got.
How DARE you say that
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 16:49   Link #64
lade

Lelouch is too far gone, while I love his character as much as any of you guys, c'mon let's be honest what path this series is heading , lelouch in charge the world will burn if it must ,for him to achieve his goals. I prefer the good guys to win and not trade one devil for another.
lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 16:52   Link #65
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Man almost every single anime with Good vs Bad good always win. Why wont they give the bad guys a change to win.

Man i wish the world was full of uncivilized people killing one another. (people might actually accept it as fun )
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 17:16   Link #66
niko
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to niko
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
Was it true? I never saw any one released HD version of Code Geass. The wide-screen version was not broadcasted and you have to wait for the DVD release.
It's HD however there's no HD releases. See credits.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 17:23   Link #67
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lade View Post
Lelouch is too far gone, while I love his character as much as any of you guys, c'mon let's be honest what path this series is heading , lelouch in charge the world will burn if it must ,for him to achieve his goals. I prefer the good guys to win and not trade one devil for another.
except...a burning world isn't what Nunnally wants. she wants a world of peace.

Lelouch doesn't want to be in charge of the world, he just wants to destroy Britannia, a country that will always treat his sister like a second class citizen for being crippled. Lelouch is the "good guy" (whatever that means in the real robot genre) in this story, make no mistake. it's just that unlike other characters, Lelouch was forced time and again into really really terrible choices between the things he cares about most, because quite simply moral ambiguity and tough decisions are more interesting than having a main character that's a moral high ground.

really, it'd be a shame to start focusing on another character after they spent all that time defining Lelouch, especially since he was left with absolutely nothing at the end of 25.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 17:46   Link #68
Meatrose
Antihero

Well, in my opinion, there is only one "devil" in this show, and that is Britannia. What Lelouch has done and what he might do in the future simply pales in comparison to Britannia. Invading countries all over the world, enslaving and suppressing the citizens of those countries, taking their nationality away from them, treating them like animals, slaying them... Lelouch has to multiply whatever he's doing by a couple of hundred times in order to play in the same league as Britannia.

And by the way... without Lelouch the show would pretty much die. He is the show, and in my honest opinion... all other characters seem insignificant next to him. They're simply not as interesting to watch as he is. Then again, that's my own opinion... nothing more.
Old 2007-12-07, 19:06   Link #69
kiarou

can someone get a translation for that scan?
that would be awesome ^~^
kiarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 19:17   Link #70
U<3Anime
Boo!

It’s fine as long Lelouch dies at the END of second season. If it’s in the beginning or in the middle then we might have a problem. In worst case scenario, if that does happen, it’s most likely going to be suzaku or that new kid as Zero
Old 2007-12-07, 19:31   Link #71
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiarou View Post
can someone get a translation for that scan?
that would be awesome ^~^
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3489

nothing that interesting really.
Old 2007-12-07, 21:10   Link #72
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hmmm, so by my calculations Gundam 00 Episode 25/26 would air near the end of March, so I'm predicting an April start for this series (hopefully). I actually had a dream the announcement was coming about 2 days before this news came out. As many people have said, this is probably the biggest news in anime so far this month. I hope Nunally get's to play a bigger role in this series (I recall someone posting something saying a Sunrise employee called her a key character to the storyline so hopefully that's true). Though I think the biggest thing people want to know is who is dead and who isn't. For some reason I think Cornelia is a goner, but since we didn't see C2 or Jerimiah die it's likely they are both alive. I don't see why Lelouche or Suzaku would die either. Now we'll have to see if the series picks up right after Nunally had the "orgasm" (that's what it looked like to me when we heard the gunshot) or a bit later. Such tension!

Teasers likely to follow in Newtype. I will be blogging this when the season airs by the way.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 21:31   Link #73
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Well, in my opinion, there is only one "devil" in this show, and that is Britannia. What Lelouch has done and what he might do in the future simply pales in comparison to Britannia. Invading countries all over the world, enslaving and suppressing the citizens of those countries, taking their nationality away from them, treating them like animals, slaying them... Lelouch has to multiply whatever he's doing by a couple of hundred times in order to play in the same league as Britannia.

And by the way... without Lelouch the show would pretty much die. He is the show, and in my honest opinion... all other characters seem insignificant next to him. They're simply not as interesting to watch as he is. Then again, that's my own opinion... nothing more.
No Lelouch is just as bad. Regardless of what Lelouch gets, Nunnally will always have to stay hidden just as she is now. The Europeans, Chinese, etc. wion't hesitate to take advantage of them. Nothing changes the fact that she's a britannian and a princess. Not to mention he's willing to sacrifice anyone for his gains.

From what Schenizeil has been investigating, the Emperor's invasions of various countries around the world is a front for a hidden agenda which defintely is related to the Geass Ruins.

And Lelouch is doing exactly what his father wants him to do which none of his other brothers and sisters have done. Killing them despite the fact that all of them had so far tried to help him. And at this point it seems to be another manipulation of him which makes him a simple pawn.

Let's also not forget what Lelouch pointed out to Suzaku when they were kids and comparing Britannia and Japan. While Britannia conquered, Japan went out and oppressed poorer countries through economic controls and such. Now it's probably not as bad as enslaving people but bringing down and shoving entire countries into proverty for your own gain is pretty bad too.

The point? No one's good in this series which is defintely what they are aiming for.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 22:18   Link #74
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
1) No Lelouch is just as bad.

2) Regardless of what Lelouch gets, Nunnally will always have to stay hidden just as she is now. The Europeans, Chinese, etc. wion't hesitate to take advantage of them. Nothing changes the fact that she's a britannian and a princess.

3)Not to mention he's willing to sacrifice anyone for his gains.
1) No, he's obviously not. Note though, that I've never spoken of Lelouch as "the good guy", since there are none of those in this show, thank god. =)

2) Hmm... I thought his goal was to take down Britannia. No Britannia --> no Britannian royalty --> nothing to take advantage of.

3) Now that's really not true. If he was, Suzaku would be where he belongs. Below ground level, in a coffin.

Quote:
From what Schenizeil has been investigating, the Emperor's invasions of various countries around the world is a front for a hidden agenda which defintely is related to the Geass Ruins.
Okay, maybe I wasn't paying attention during that part, but which episode is that from? Anyhow, does that give them the right to act like they do? I've never encountered anything as evil as Britannia. Not in history-books, and not in fiction. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks so though. Sure, some of the invaded countries might have done something terrible in advance that we don't know of, but I find it hard to believe that they all deserved this treatment.

Quote:
And Lelouch is doing exactly what his father wants him to do which none of his other brothers and sisters have done. Killing them despite the fact that all of them had so far tried to help him. And at this point it seems to be another manipulation of him which makes him a simple pawn.
Be that as it may, but I fail to see why that makes Lelouch just as bad for the world as that racist, raping, murdering superpower.

Quote:
Let's also not forget what Lelouch pointed out to Suzaku when they were kids and comparing Britannia and Japan. While Britannia conquered, Japan went out and oppressed poorer countries through economic controls and such. Now it's probably not as bad as enslaving people but bringing down and shoving entire countries into proverty for your own gain is pretty bad too.
Hmm... I don't remember that discussion. Which episode are you referring to? Nevertheless, I don't see how Japans previous actions has anything to do with the Lelouch vs Britannia comparison. And of course it's really really wrong to oppress poorer countries through economic control, but I'm amazed that you only think that "it's probably not as bad as enslaving people" since I assume that you, like everyone else who have watched the show, knows just how Britannia rules the countries that was invaded and crushed. To me it's not even on the same map.

Quote:
The point? No one's good in this series which is defintely what they are aiming for.
And... the circle is complete. I completely agree with you about that, and I have never said that Lelouch is the good guy. All I was saying is that it is ridiculous (in my opinion of course) to compare what he has done in these 25 episodes to what Britannia has done. It's completely off the scale.
Old 2007-12-07, 22:42   Link #75
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
He's referring a bit to the Sound Episodes in the CD's, Lelouch did Compare Japan to Brittania after he was beaten up by kids.

Regarding the mentality of the series, I suggest you finished it before stating who's evil, whats planning, etc etc.

^^;

Lelouch wants the best for his sister and her wish. But the wish itself can't be done without doing something evil; Lelouch himself knows this and isn't trying to make himself look like the good guy either. You've never seen him explain his actions and even the last few scenes you see himself state that he's pulling off the 'evil guy' persona by telling Suzaku " I'm Zero, The Leader of the Black Knights, and the Future Ruler of the World. " Of course he's in denial himself.

I remember one line that somebody matched with Lelouch and I think it holds truth; His mentality is like this " If People will think I'm Evil no Matter what I do or say. I May As Well be the Biggest Evil in the World! "

In any view you could see an evil side to things, to get a promotion you need to beat somebody else to it and etc. To get the World he wants, he's gonna need to sacrifice things. Yet I've never seen him put the blame on anybody but himself, he knows what he's doing and thats it.

Either way, hold it out till the series is over XD

Regarding the King; How he can see half the things in the series regarding Lelouch is strangely odd. He's just staring off into clouds and not even a sphere/thing either and he knows. Maybe he wants Lelouch to become like this? To Continue using his power until he becomes the "Geass King" that C.C. spoke about?

It's all a mystery, The Brittanian King doesn't care for the Geass Temples either, Schneizel and Clovis themselves cared due to the temples and ruins may provide them to take over. The King Himself doesn't need it as much I think. He's just watching Lulu XD

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 22:54   Link #76
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
Regarding the King; How he can see half the things in the series regarding Lelouch is strangely odd. He's just staring off into clouds and not even a sphere/thing either and he knows. Maybe he wants Lelouch to become like this? To Continue using his power until he becomes the "Geass King" that C.C. spoke about?

It's all a mystery, The Brittanian King doesn't care for the Geass Temples either, Schneizel and Clovis themselves cared due to the temples and ruins may provide them to take over. The King Himself doesn't need it as much I think. He's just watching Lulu XD
That's Emperor. Emperor Wakamoto (or Charles, whatever)
Old 2007-12-07, 22:55   Link #77
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
He's referring a bit to the Sound Episodes in the CD's, Lelouch did Compare Japan to Brittania after he was beaten up by kids.

Regarding the mentality of the series, I suggest you finished it before stating who's evil, whats planning, etc etc.

^^;
Ah, that explains why I couldn't remember the discussion.

I've only seen the anime itself, as well as the Picture Dramas.

And yeah, you're probably right about what you said about waiting for the other half of the show and what it has to say on the matter before passing judgment. It's probably safe to assume that season two will F around with what we've considered to be true. It sure is going to be a blast to see what it comes down to in the end. Nevertheless... discussions and friendly arguing about stuff like this, halfway through, is pretty fun, and as a watcher it increases my emotional engagement in the story and the characters. Heck, we have to do something while waiting for the continuation. ^^
Old 2007-12-07, 23:00   Link #78
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
1) No, he's obviously not. Note though, that I've never spoken of Lelouch as "the good guy", since there are none of those in this show, thank god. =)
No I was making the point that there's no such thing as being lesser than bad. Probably should've clarified that for you.

Quote:
Okay, maybe I wasn't paying attention during that part, but which episode is that from?
The episode where Zero steals Gawain. General Bartfield has been investigating the reasons behind the invasions and deduced that each area invaded has these ruins so these ruins are in fact "mapping" the invasion.

Quote:
Be that as it may, but I fail to see why that makes Lelouch just as bad for the world as that racist, raping, murdering superpower.
We are talking relative here. A traitor, liar, and manipulator who sacrifices other people for his own gain is just as bad.

Quote:
Hmm... I don't remember that discussion. Which episode are you referring to?
DVD specials. The ones that give some more insight to the backstory of Geass.

Quote:
Nevertheless, I don't see how Japans previous actions has anything to do with the Lelouch vs Britannia comparison. And of course it's really really wrong to oppress poorer countries through economic control, but I'm amazed that you only think that "it's probably not as bad as enslaving people" since I assume that you, like everyone else who have watched the show, knows just how Britannia rules the countries that was invaded and crushed. To me it's not even on the same map.
That was a poorly worded sarcastic comment on my part.

Quote:
And... the circle is complete. I completely agree with you about that, and I have never said that Lelouch is the good guy. All I was saying is that it is ridiculous (in my opinion of course) to compare what he has done in these 25 episodes to what Britannia has done. It's completely off the scale.
No you didn't but I was marking out the point that there's no such thing as being less bad than the other guy.

Quote:
And yeah, you're probably right about what you said about waiting for the other half of the show and what it has to say on the matter before passing judgment. It's probably safe to assume that season two will F around with what we've considered to be true. It sure is going to be a blast to see what it comes down to in the end. Nevertheless... discussions and friendly arguing about stuff like this, halfway through, is pretty fun, and as a watcher it increases my emotional engagement in the story and the characters. Heck, we have to do something while waiting for the continuation. ^^
The thing that gets on my mind is what's in store for Zero and Suzaku. The whole thing's going global now which means China and Europe should be playing bigger parts and I can't help but get the feeling that those two powers are gonna be merely pawns for both Zero and Suzaku, which will be delightful to watch.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 23:20   Link #79
Meatrose
Antihero

That explains why we couldn't agree in the first place. We probably think alike when it comes to Lelouch and his actions, but where I see him as the lesser (by far though) of two evils, you label them both as "evil".

Quote:
The episode where Zero steals Gawain. General Bartfield has been investigating the reasons behind the invasions and deduced that each area invaded has these ruins so these ruins are in fact "mapping" the invasion.
Ah, you're damn right about that. Thanks for reminding me. I guess it's time to watch the entire show again, but I think I'd rather wait until March or something... assuming that Geass 2 will momentarily relieve Gundam 00 of its duties in April or something like that. ^^

Quote:
The thing that gets on my mind is what's in store for Zero and Suzaku. The whole thing's going global now which means China and Europe should be playing bigger parts and I can't help but get the feeling that those two powers are gonna be merely pawns for both Zero and Suzaku, which will be delightful to watch.
Yes, I also believe that if this thing goes global (I can't think of any way to stop it from going global), Europe and China will be used by both sides in some way. It sure as hell is going to be interesting to see what happens. Let's just pray that Sunrise manages to create something that is as intriguing as the first season. =)
Old 2007-12-08, 06:21   Link #80
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Quote:
Yes, I also believe that if this thing goes global (I can't think of any way to stop it from going global), Europe and China will be used by both sides in some way. It sure as hell is going to be interesting to see what happens. Let's just pray that Sunrise manages to create something that is as intriguing as the first season. =)

We are all hoping for that. But if LL isn't Zero then screw this show.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote