AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-18, 20:47   Link #81
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
only been used on Sasuke and Kakashi, nothing else to show what the Jutsu is worth
hmm so what did happen to them?
Old 2004-04-18, 20:56   Link #82
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

here is the ultimate proof!

http://www.fanta.dk/showmovie.asp?mi...7-11463C8D0D2D
Old 2004-04-18, 20:58   Link #83
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
amazing, absolutely amazing.. such a GREAT argument, seriously, gee, that right there, seals it, because a FAKE fanta commercial that YOU made said so..
Old 2004-04-18, 21:05   Link #84
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
amazing, absolutely amazing.. such a GREAT argument, seriously, gee, that right there, seals it, because a FAKE fanta commercial that YOU made said so..
That's just great. But can we go back to the discussion.

Nobody seemed to reply to my badass comments.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 21:19   Link #85
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
What strategy?

Spoiler:
The thing is Dranz Neji never had a chance where he could show is strategy skills like Sasuke had:
Spoiler:

but the question remains how would Sasuke deal with Neji techniques since it's almost a given that if he uses taijutsu he would be pummeled to the ground?
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 21:23   Link #86
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
The thing is Dranz Neji never had a chance where he could show is strategy skills like Sasuke had:
Spoiler:

but the question remains how would Sasuke deal with Neji techniques since it's almost a given that if he uses taijutsu he would be pummeled to the ground?
Well it's not like there's wasn't much to do against Rock Lee except get your ass kicked since Sasuke was strong enough at that time to react in anyway. Gaara is easy to explain because, what more was there to do but get your ass kicked again? No other genin but Naruto could've defeated Gaara (without dying of course). and the rain nins, Sasuke was injured but he sure came up with a good plan to keep their team intact.

And how can Sasuke handle Neji's taijutsu?

Speed of course, but we can't really say anything until we know for sure that Neji can dodge Sasuke's speed.
Old 2004-04-18, 21:27   Link #87
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Well it's not like there's wasn't much to do against Rock Lee except get your ass kicked since Sasuke was striong enough at that time to react in anyway. Gaara is easy to explain because, what more was there to do but get your ass kicked again? No other genin but Naruto could've defeated Gaara (without dying of course). and the rain nins, Sasuke was injured but he sure came up with a good plan to keep their team intact.

And how can Sasuke handle Neji's taijutsu?

Speed of course, but we can't really say anything until we know for sure that Neji can dodge Sasuke's speed.
Yep and the problem is even if Sasuke manages to put Neji in a position where he can't dodge like Naruto did he would use Kaiten and Sasuke would be put in a tough position to be Hakked, not to mention that if Neji can dodge Sasuke Speed he would be completely owned, Sasuke isn't Naruto he wouldn't have a 2º chance if he gets his tenketsu closed they wont reopen.
Old 2004-04-18, 21:31   Link #88
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Yep and the problem is even if Sasuke manages to put Neji in a position where he can't dodge like Naruto did he would use Kaiten and Sasuke would be put in a tough position to be Hakked, not to mention that if Neji can dodge Sasuke Speed he would be completely owned, Sasuke isn't Naruto he wouldn't have a 2º chance if he gets his tenketsu closed they wont reopen.
I already said what would hapen. Sasuke would regroup, and think the best strategy to overcome the Kaiten. He's not an idiot. Unless he can think of something better, he won't charge in recklessly like Naruto and keep attacking against the Kaiten.

Besides, wouldn't Sasuke be able to see the Kaiten coming? The same with the Hakke, he'll be able to see the movements coming at him.

And also you forget the curse seal. Not as reliable as the Kyubi mind you, but whatever.

///_^
Old 2004-04-18, 21:36   Link #89
AnimeFangirl

I'm going to go on record here and now and predict that Neji and Sasuke will never fight each other in the manga. No, no, hold the applause, you can all thank me later.
Old 2004-04-18, 21:37   Link #90
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
I'm going to go on record here and now and predict that Neji and Sasuke will never fight each other in the manga. No, no, hold the applause, you can all thank me later.
But it would be a great fight. I would be happy even if there wasn't any winner.

Sasuke vs. Neji is the only match I want to see so far in the series.
Old 2004-04-18, 21:38   Link #91
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
I already said what would hapen. Sasuke would regroup, and think the best strategy to overcome the Kaiten. He's not an idiot. Unless he can think of something better, he won't charge in recklessly like Naruto and keep attacking against the Kaiten.

Besides, wouldn't Sasuke be able to see the Kaiten coming? The same with the Hakke, he'll be able to see the movements coming at him.

And also you forget the curse seal. Not as reliable as the Kyubi mind you, but whatever.

///_^
If Sasuke gets a Kaiten and his thrown into the ground i don't think Neji will let him get up again, he would Hakke him and that would be the end of it, now if he sees the kaiten by throwing some shuriken at Neji from his back that would be different he could think of a strategy, but i don't know what strategy could it be:
Spoiler:

And Sasuke wouldn't see the Kaiten coming since Neji activates it right when the attacks are conecting and he only does the Hakke when the enemy can't evade it.
As for the curse seal we still have to see what effect and power it gives Sasuke and only then will i judge based on that.
Old 2004-04-18, 21:38   Link #92
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
But it would be a great fight. I would be happy even if there wasn't any winner.

Moustache Guy vs. Anyone is that one I want to see most.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 21:40   Link #93
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Moustache Guy vs. Anyone is that one I want to see most.
I am going to take a wild guess here, Mustache guy passed to the 2º exam however he wasn't in the finalists so did you considered the chance that he might be dead by now?
Old 2004-04-18, 21:46   Link #94
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Well if Neji and Sasuke want to fight they should fight each other soon cause the longer Neji wait the farther he will fall behind Sasuke, in my opinion.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 21:54   Link #95
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
I am going to take a wild guess here, Mustache guy passed to the 2º exam however he wasn't in the finalists so did you considered the chance that he might be dead by now?
He's 38, man...he's obviously gotten to the 2nd test quite a bunch. Knows how to handle himself in a fight. What happens is since your whole team has to show up for the finals...his teammates probably get offed somewhere. He survives, but his teammates fail him yet again.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 22:14   Link #96
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Okay, I think I'll finaly put some of my own input into this thread. I think that Sasuke would definately win if he had the level 2 curse seal active. He would just have a lot more raw power than Neji and would in turn, overpower him. I am not saying that Neji wouldnt put up a good fight, but in the end he would probably lose. There are a lot of factors that make me believe he would win including,
a) He would be able to clearly see all of Neji's attacks. By being able to see all of his attacks, Neji's attacks would be semi-useless.
b)I am pretty sure that Sasuke is faster than Neji and has better taijutsu skills even though Neji has the gentle fist. If Neji cant touch him, its useless even though its deadly.
c) Level 2 Cursed Seal would be a huge factor. Without this, I think that the fight would be much closer. But, because of this I think that Sasuke's power would just be so overwelming that Neji wouldnt be able to win.
Thats about it. All in all, Neji would lose. This fight would freaking kickass though.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 22:30   Link #97
AnimeFangirl

Quote:

Which is precisely why you will never get to see it. I think I stated in another thread (or was it the old forum of blessed memory) that I have a theory that Kishimoto has been keeping Sasuke and Neji apart since the beginning of the chuunin exams, consciously or subconsciously. Either he's doing this to boost anticipation for the eventual showdown or he's just teasing us with no intention of ever delivering in the future. I go with the latter, alas.

Anyway, back on topic, I think a lot depends on Neji's speed. I mean we can conjecture as much as we like from his rivalry with Lee and so on and so forth but it boils down to the fact that we KNOW Sasuke's really fast and we THINK Neji might be fast, but we don't really know. That could in all probability be the deciding factor, because we've seen (in the anime at least) that juuken can take down an opponent in a single hit. He who hesitates is lost.

EDIT: Didn't Mr. Moustache quit the first exam or something? I remember him quitting...
Old 2004-04-18, 22:45   Link #98
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
I think a lot of people are also forgetting about the cursed seal. If you thought Sasuke was fast without it, imagine how fast he will be with it at level 2. It would be nuts.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 22:49   Link #99
richardteng

During the Chunnin exam....didn`t Rock Lee said that he train hard for his speed for the reason of beating the genius no.1 rookie Neji.

Becoz Neji can view 360 degress....Gai said that the only way to beat it is thorugh super fast speed.

You can sense Neji fear when he saw Rock Lee executes all the fast movement on Gaara...

Therefore.....If sasuke got the same speed as Rock Lee.....surely he got a chanche to execute Lion Combo and finish off Neji.

P/S....did Kakashi taught Sasuke the 8 gates???
richardteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 23:45   Link #100
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardteng
P/S....did Kakashi taught Sasuke the 8 gates???
no. not as far as we know.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote