Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-14, 21:41   Link #1401
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Stalin at least made the USSR a superpower even if he did so with blood. After Stalin's death Zhukov became deputy defence minister and he and Konev arrested and executed Beria as part of the power struggle for the vacuum between him and Khrushchev.

On topic....damn Reki is scary as hell...
PS: Talking about blood and iron...

Err... What about Khrushchev?

On-topic:
Was it updated already?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 21:51   Link #1402
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
PS: Talking about blood and iron...

Err... What about Khrushchev?

On-topic:
Was it updated already?
Khrushchev tried to be a post Stalin reformer. He was far far less brutal of course but had much less impact overall.

Yeah...chapter 4 and 3 both.
Old 2011-06-14, 22:01   Link #1403
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Khrushchev tried to be a post Stalin reformer. He was far far less brutal of course but had much less impact overall.

Yeah...chapter 4 and 3 both.
I'll find it out in those chapters then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Hmm, you dont know much about difference between bombs so let me help you a bit.

Atom bombs work by the principle of atomic fission (splitting the atomic nucleus), while hydrogen bombs work by atomic fusion (combining atomic nuclei). The hydrogen bomb is hundreds or thousands of times more powerful than the atom bomb. The hydrogen bomb uses an atom bomb as a trigger but it is not an atom bomb by itself, clear?
But then again, even if nuclear fission and nuclear fusion function differently, they both actually involved nuclear radioactivity. So, hydrogen bomb is still counted as "nuclear" bomb.

Jeez, you don't have to be so complicated. Just get things straight to the point already.

Last edited by Xero8420; 2011-06-14 at 22:31.
Old 2011-06-15, 02:59   Link #1404
ZeKeR
Superbad

Really... Reki... fits these lines:

No remorse, no emotion, no mercy.
Old 2011-06-15, 03:49   Link #1405
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post

Err... Including no regret and no conscience too?
Old 2011-06-15, 04:20   Link #1406
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Err... Including no regret and no conscience too?
regret and conscience is probably grouped in the emotions.

thats what an assassin is.

the most cold blooded killers will never EVER hesitate to shoot a parent in front of their children, put a bullet in between a target in the midst of day, and probably not regretting to watch their family members die.

thats how it is Kinji... you follow the footsteps of your ancestors. perhaps they're the ones who taught the early Hotogi women to hold and swing a katana
Old 2011-06-15, 05:33   Link #1407
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Suddenly, Waltz of Wind and Fire seems so fitting.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 08:21   Link #1408
Glacierfairy

I've changed references to EU in Volumes 1 - 4 in Baka-Tsuki to I-U, since the latter is more accurate (it is supposed to be named after the prefix designations of Imperial Japanese Navy and Kriegsmarine submarines after all).

If there are no disagreements with the changes, I will change the references in the remaining chapters as well. If not, I'll revert back all the changes to EU.

Also, "Sayanaki" should be spelled as "Sayonaki", am I right? At least, that is how I read the furigana in the novel illustration in Volume 3, based on my piecemeal understanding of hiragana....

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...03-006-008.jpg

I can help out with editing too once I'm freer.
Glacierfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 08:26   Link #1409
Shadow5YA

Quote:
regret and conscience is probably grouped in the emotions.

thats what an assassin is.

the most cold blooded killers will never EVER hesitate to shoot a parent in front of their children, put a bullet in between a target in the midst of day, and probably not regretting to watch their family members die.

thats how it is Kinji... you follow the footsteps of your ancestors. perhaps they're the ones who taught the early Hotogi women to hold and swing a katana
You can still have a conscience and regret. Killing a target is not exclusive to assassins. Foot soldiers have to deal with killing people that they don't particularly hate either.

The conviction to kill someone without having a personal grudge doesn't mean that the killer is immoral or incapable of emotion, but that the killer has been trained to control their emotions.

When trying to kill someone, you need to put your emotions and sentiments behind you to finish the deed and the battle, not for the rest of your lifetime, including times of peace.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 08:26   Link #1410
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Sayonaki is correct.

I will reiterate, the acronym for EU is of no importance to me. If your decision is to standardize it to I-U, I will attempt to translate it as such forthwith.

I am worried about the lack of active editing to correct my poor English.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 09:56   Link #1411
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

You forget no relenting and no hope of surviving

Quote:
When trying to kill someone, you need to put your emotions and sentiments behind you to finish the deed and the battle, not for the rest of your lifetime, including times of peace.
Maybe for normal soldiers. Assassins are different. A fair number actually enjoy killing and harbour no regrets. It's the mindset they have already that gets them selected for the job.
Old 2011-06-15, 11:50   Link #1412
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Stalin at least made the USSR a superpower even if he did so with blood. After Stalin's death Zhukov became deputy defence minister and he and Konev arrested and executed Beria as part of the power struggle for the vacuum between him and Khrushchev.

On topic....damn Reki is scary as hell...
Its not that hard to make a nation superpower when you take everything from people and use their labor force for free.

Theres a difference to Hitlers managing and Stalins managing. Hitlers actually was useful for people (at least at first) and the economy and power rose with that. Stalin on the other hand was using pretty much outlaw techniques and forced labour. And it never was beneficial for people.

How many died because of the starvation due to this raise to superpower? This superpower in a sense was very unstable because inside it was empty and fake - way too much poverty.

There was a very high starvation deaths for a reason - Stalin wanted to boast his superpower and that he was squeezing everything from people.

His superpower was so fake really, specially in early stages.

However terror was the glue to keep it together and prevent it from falling apart. When terror started to fall the Soviet Union started to crumble.

Kruschev was well nothing really. He is most famous for his ideals to grow corn on the moon. He was more of a comical figure than terror like really.

If you are enjoy killing then you are a psychopath than assassin really.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 15:40   Link #1413
Glacierfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
Sayonaki is correct.

I will reiterate, the acronym for EU is of no importance to me. If your decision is to standardize it to I-U, I will attempt to translate it as such forthwith.

I am worried about the lack of active editing to correct my poor English.
Ok, I will change the rest as well then.

I'll be able to help out with the editing more actively once my *coughexamscough* are over by the end of next week.
Glacierfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 18:27   Link #1414
anfera103

In the recent translation of the novel I didn't understand what exactly kinji do to change Aria and Reki positions to a better enemy, the text confuse me, what exactly they did?
anfera103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 21:39   Link #1415
ZeKeR
Superbad

First time posting from phone... i thnk he went gigolo mode dat reki looks like not affected lawl
Old 2011-06-15, 23:28   Link #1416
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post

If you are enjoy killing then you are a psychopath than assassin really.
It doesn't change the fact that it's still the kind of people secret services pick for the job. The kind that feels nothing after or during the hit.
Old 2011-06-16, 01:01   Link #1417
Hiro Hayase

How ironic....Reki, I'm currently in Mongolia....should I look for your Ulus Tribe? lol. Although I'm heading towards Pakistan then Bangladesh later. It's really hard to find a good internet connection in these barren and mountain terrains. My internet connection speed is fluctuating between dial-up and dsl when I'm using a radio transmitter.

I'll be disappearing and reappearing sporadically every now and then on Baka-Stuki for about 7 weeks while I'm traveling.

Well the USSR was an unstable nation even if it had the title of superpower. Threats, bribes, and terror can only take you so far.

An assassin wouldn't normally go on killing sprees for no apparent reason, its usually the psychopaths that does this. An assassin is a profession and they usually carry out their services in secrecy.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-06-16 at 02:20.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 01:44   Link #1418
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
It doesn't change the fact that it's still the kind of people secret services pick for the job. The kind that feels nothing after or during the hit.
Feeling nothing is not the same as enjoying you know. The assasin who enjoys is always more risky than the one who is cold about it. because emotions are bad for the assasin job - be it enjoyment or not.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 04:23   Link #1419
longshot

just to go off track a bit from makes the perfect human killing machine and such, anyone have any idea who or what elle watson looks like and how she enters the story thus far??
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 04:58   Link #1420
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
just to go off track a bit from makes the perfect human killing machine and such, anyone have any idea who or what elle watson looks like and how she enters the story thus far??
cover person inv8. nuff said.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen