AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 14 25.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 40.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 25.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-01, 11:39   Link #121
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

And time for the third option!

While I don't really like Bratty Savior and enjoy seeing him suffer, he has to be given credit for man-ing the fuck up and taking a stand. It takes a while, but he gets there.

Arguably of course, that was perhaps the point - Takeru is a 17-18 year old that was rather blatantly ignorant of the world beyond his immediate surroundings, and one who didn't really have his own opinion. Going along with his peers is part him trying to fit into the new situation, part getting his own unique identity. Granted, some of the stuff he's being fed are utterly ridiculous (I'm looking at you Tsukuyomi and your NWO conspiracy YAMATO DAMASHII bull), but hey, that's creator's appeal. Or social commentary - I'm pretty sure Kouki was mocking hard-right in Japan all along with this, but that's besides the point.

Yuuya on the other hand is an adult, of marriageable age, legal to drink and kill people, who grew up somewhere in Louisiana (forgive me, but the notion of Yuuya speaking English with Southern drawl is utterly hilarious) and is a trained military professional. Sure, he has his race issue, but that's hardly the most insignificant issue a person can have. I know 50+ year olds that have smaller-time problems then him.

I do think that Yuuya changed on his own accord, though his environment also played its part. Because he strikes me as a kind of person who generally doesn't like stupid bitching crap - perhaps he was aware that he was acting like it, perhaps he was denying it; but once his contact with Argos showed him how small time his problems were compared to the ruckus he was making, well, he shaped up. And it didn't take scolding by PhD professor, horrible death of 5 billion people and dead girlfriend to be talked into doing that. Yui too, once confronted with new enviroment starts taking some small steps by herself, just as well she's being talked into them (being first talked into cooking for Yuuya, then opting to keep doing that). It's a combined arms effort.

Incidentally, while Yui's childbearing hips might be the priiiiiizzzeeee, if there was ever some sort of outsider catalyst for Yuuya's change, it would be Latorova and Cryska. Latorova more so, given the parallel between Yuuya and her son. It's kinda like pushing your little bird out of the nest - you give it an advice and a shove to get started, but it's up to the bird to get it done. And that's what I think happened with Yuuya - he went over what Latorova said, rewinded his conversation with Yui and Cryska in that cave and went "Whelp, maybe I was wrong. Maybe I should be less of a jerk."

Also, you're looking at an avid Tzeentch follower Goose. Don't tempt me.

Because:

Yuuya - Khorne
Yui - Slaanesh
Cryska - Nurgle
Inia - Tzeentch

...I'll continue that in Fanworks thread, I think.
Old 2012-12-01, 12:26   Link #122
faiz blaster

Due a busy schedule, I was only able to see this episode just now. All things considered, I like the way this story is going so far.

Still, it was just me or...

Spoiler for sensitive topic:
Old 2012-12-03, 12:32   Link #123
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Inia in Terminator without control....I see a chopped up bloody chunk future for many of those terrorist filth
Old 2012-12-03, 12:50   Link #124
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Yuuya on the other hand is an adult, of marriageable age, legal to drink and kill people, who grew up somewhere in Louisiana (forgive me, but the notion of Yuuya speaking English with Southern drawl is utterly hilarious) and is a trained military professional. Sure, he has his race issue, but that's hardly the most insignificant issue a person can have. I know 50+ year olds that have smaller-time problems then him.
Concerning Yuuya I'll wait for the dub. I hope his english VA has a deep southern accent
Old 2012-12-23, 11:05   Link #125
Ray
Garnet

Dat OP. Dat Berkut! *fangirl-like squeel* I know that TE has gone into anime original territory now, but I'm still enjoying it.

ED is nice, but I prefer the first one to it.

And poor Natalie. That was quite a gruesome headshot (seeing her eye turn red as the bullet hit her head)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Still, it was just me or...

Spoiler for sensitive topic:
It wasn't just you. And it wasn't much, but it was there for like.. two scenes, maybe?
Closed Thread