AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-08, 11:24   Link #121
Candyshark

Hosaka popularity might be based on Ono Daisuke capturing character way too good to the point that D gets same threatment in real life as Hosaka in anime. Poor guy
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 12:00   Link #122
Silverwyrm

Hosaka makes me cringe and facepalm every time he shows up...its awesome
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 13:22   Link #123
Itlandm
Porcupine

Isn't Hosaka the only really crazy person in the show, someone people would hesitate to employ in real life? Even Kana is just impulsive, and she is a middle-schooler; compared to kids her age with chuunibyou, she is comfortably normal. Most of the comedy comes from putting together people with different but still mostly normal personalities, and throwing in unusual circumstances. But Hosaka is Hosaka. Even in the most normal of circumstances, his mind works differently from that of other people. He sings in the supermarket, undresses at work and school, laughs creepily and stands lost in his own world for minutes at a time. All this while looking physically mature for his age. He is in a class of his own, unless I have forgotten someone.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 04:50   Link #124
wingman32x

So glad to have this series back. I watched the first 3 seasons completed, but I heard people saying that there was doubts about a fourth season. At any rate, it's good to see it back.

Episode 1 was good. It's good to see Kana back to her hijinks. I've always thought it was cute the way Chiaki acts around Fujioka(the person), so it's good to see that again. Overall I enjoyed this episode and I'm glad it's back.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 04:52   Link #125
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Hosaka makes me cringe and facepalm every time he shows up...its awesome
This, he was hilariously awful in the first season. The second and third though he kinda just came off as awful. But a tad bit better in the third, since I guess that was based on the manga.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 06:21   Link #126
U<3Anime
Boo!

Minami-Ke isn't back in full force yet. Not until I see the characters put on the "serious faces"(AKA, The Bible Black Faces)!
Old 2013-01-10, 19:47   Link #127
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Did the manga still do that later on. The last places I read (somewhere around 110) the characters didn't do that much if at all anymore.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:38   Link #128
EroKing

Old 2013-01-12, 17:52   Link #129
pampz21
ShipCore

gets boring without Hosaka!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 01:47   Link #130
HandofFate

Though I enjoyed the dialogue more in episode 2 than episode 1, I feel the storytelling is rather disjointed.

Even though its a standard 4koma. Earlier seasons did a much better job connecting individual strips to make an entire episode and make it make sense as an entire story.

Here, its just seemingly random joke to another seemingly random joke.
Old 2013-01-13, 02:57   Link #131
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

This remains one my very favorite shows. The production is just about as good as Daume's.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 04:26   Link #132
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It always makes me laugh than people try to compare the seasons and saying "that one was better and this one not". Maybe second one stands somehow because of adding you-know-who(but it has the best OP and ED for me personally) but the other three are really the same for me. There are good eps and not so good eps but I really don't see any critical difference in script or direction and I don't care much about chara-designes or animation. It's a SOL anime not some action or moe.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 04:43   Link #133
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Old rule that has been true from the start: "Please do not expect much"
Old 2013-01-13, 07:24   Link #134
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Yeay! The Minami brothers are back! This episode once again reinforces my sympathy for Akira. He always gets the short end of the stick in all situations. Sandwiched between his two idiotic and unreasonable older brothers, he has no choice but to kowtow to them, lol. Whenever the two brothers confer about something, Akira is always left out or deemed unimportant. Poor guy.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 09:10   Link #135
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Even though its a standard 4koma.
It's a regular manga, not a 4-koma. What you're seeing is probably just Kawaguchi's style of comedic pacing.

A Mako/Touma episode was a nice direction for the second episode. It's always good when the chapters selected for a given episode are ones that can follow a central theme. My favorite bits are Kana having counted how many times Makoto has made his claims, and Touma making a bear out of couch cushions. That's practical, but not good for the house.

Last edited by Midonin; 2013-01-13 at 10:53.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 10:59   Link #136
ChronoReverse

Mmm, that was a good helping of Minami-ke.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 13:16   Link #137
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

An episode focused on the two resident traps of the series. Nice. I enjoyed the April Fools' segment the most. It was brilliant of Kana to mix truth and fiction -actually, truth and no fiction- in her lies. As expected, Fujioka and Chiaki didn't buy these "lies" for a second

At this point, there is no way out for Mako-chan. It's too late to reveal the truth. He will remain Mako-chan forever, which is just how I like it. Touma's situation with Fujioka is not as bad, since it's his misunderstanding in the first place (I think? I forgot if Kana was involved in that or not).
Old 2013-01-13, 15:18   Link #138
ChronoReverse

Mako-chan is a superior girl anyway.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 15:25   Link #139
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Good episode. Really needed something to relax.
Old 2013-01-13, 16:22   Link #140
Requiem-x
The slacking one

At long last, the best sisters in anime are back! I gotta admit, episode 1 was kind of weak, but this time I cans ay it for sure, Minami-ke is back! I guess I had just forgotten what kind of humor this series works with.

Spoiler for Ep 2:

Great episode, and with Hitomi finally back for the next one, and Uchida in a maid outfit, it's pretty much guaranteed the next one will keep up the awesomeness.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, daily life, seinen, trap