AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-02-07, 09:26   Link #1
ila-chan
ermmm...

Athrun and Cagalli - any hope?

I don't know if this thread have been posted elsewhere. Pardon me if it does.

Since SE are already shown, me being an avid ASUCAGA fan (apart from KIRAFLLAY), I am wondering if there is ANY hope for our blue and blond couple. I mean, Athrun wearing an ORB Commander uniform doesn't really explain everything.... or anything
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 09:34   Link #2
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

*Sigh*

I think the Athrun x Cagali VS Athrun x Meyrin has been over-done a gazillion times and then some. As for my opinion - if there is going to be another show in CE, anything can happen. If we are left with what we have now - then i would say no.
Old 2007-02-07, 13:31   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
"Any hope?"

In short, as it stands: probably not.
Old 2007-02-07, 16:42   Link #4
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Any hope for AxCxM?
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 16:58   Link #5
RX-93 HI-NU
Awesome

Any hope for KiraxAthr...oh wait.
RX-93 HI-NU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 17:15   Link #6
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I think the Athrun x Cagali VS Athrun x Meyrin has been over-done a gazillion times and then some.
I think ila-chan doesn't refer to asumey ... ila-chan just wanted to know if they broke of or not ... not because of a posibility of asumey
and yes, I'm also tierd of the discussion about asumey or asucaga or auskira
I'm into kiramey anyway XD
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 06:27   Link #7
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I'm into kiramey anyway XD
because 2 redheads are better than one XD
Old 2007-02-08, 08:17   Link #8
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

KiraMey would be adorable, I could actually see this pairing working out.

As for AsuCaga, well I think the fact that he stayed in Orb and is wearing an Orb uniform is a big hint that he wants to be by Cagalli's side or that he's willing to wait for her. If you think about it, Athrun really has no reason to be in Orb besides Cagalli, especially if Kira and Lacus have become Zafties, so I think it has to signify something.

As for the relationship itself, I think you should interpret it how you wish with the new information. There's no clear confirmation that they're forever broken up or they're trying to make things work. So if it makes you happy to think that they did resolve some issues, like maybe having a decent conversation without being interrupted, then go for it because we all know they had to face each other after the war.

I guess the movie will finally resolve the issue or just make fans more angry. In the meanwhile enjoy the merchandising of the pairing and celebrate whether it's canon or not, AsuCaga will always be the most popular Seed pairing.

Edit: Though obviously the most canon pairing is AsuKira after Destiny....even Athrun's elementary school girl scout uniform in a cherry blossom background didn't make him look like Kira's girlfriend compared to Destiny. Seriously, AsuKira = the only couple that makes sense after Destiny, what can I say, it amuses me greatly.

Last edited by Naive; 2007-02-08 at 09:25.
Naive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 10:23   Link #9
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive
KiraMey would be adorable, I could actually see this pairing working out.
ha! I'm not alone!

I think you're right about asucaga, there are many posibility for this couple
Old 2007-02-08, 12:33   Link #10
thedonkiluminati

In this crazy series there is probably hope for CagallixSon Goku...
Old 2007-02-08, 17:07   Link #11
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkiluminati View Post
In this crazy series there is probably hope for CagallixSon Goku...
thats aganist the human rights! !!! !!!! of all people why son goku?????
Old 2007-02-08, 17:13   Link #12
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

He could ensure Orb's neutrality by accidentally blowing up the rest of the world. (And PLANTs while he is at it)
Old 2007-02-08, 19:49   Link #13
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila-chan View Post
Since SE are already shown, me being an avid ASUCAGA fan (apart from KIRAFLLAY), I am wondering if there is ANY hope for our blue and blond couple.
As much hope as there is for a snowball in hell.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 20:50   Link #14
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu View Post
ha! I'm not alone!
I thought I was the only one who liked this possibility, and hey it could happen because of their ZAFT connection, rumor has it that he's even her commander

Anyway, since this thread is all about speculation in the first place, instead of cryptic and/or sardonic answers that say "Hell no" or "Hell yes" can we at least have an explanation of why people think a certain way? But then I guess it may turn into an AsuMey versus AsuCaga debate...

But yeah, go KiraMey!

Ugh, my brain is still cracked from the recent Bleach manga chapter , and watching the fandom explode...
Old 2007-02-08, 22:45   Link #15
X207
Gamyūsa

slim to none unfortunatley
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 18:14   Link #16
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
I thought I was the only one who liked this possibility, and hey it could happen because of their ZAFT connection, rumor has it that he's even her commander
yeah and he has a favour for red hair ^^ ... I almost mistook a flay figure with meyrin just because flay also wore a green zaft coat.
and meyrin has something for higher officers

Quote:
But then I guess it may turn into an AsuMey versus AsuCaga debate...
I better don't state my opinion about that issue. it's a waste of time to discuss that.

Quote:
But yeah, go KiraMey!
letz start a kiramey fandome!
Old 2007-02-09, 18:49   Link #17
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu View Post
yeah and he has a favour for red hair ^^ ... I almost mistook a flay figure with meyrin just because flay also wore a green zaft coat.
and meyrin has something for higher officers
Not to mention that Kira has an affinity for stealing Athrun's girls, or should I say Athrun's girls have a tendacy to fall in love with his best friend.

Quote:
I better don't state my opinion about that issue. it's a waste of time to discuss that.
I'm kind of tired of this debate as well, but all I'll say is that I disliked the way AsuCaga was handled in Destiny. If they were truly over, just give them closure and move on, it's okay if they broke up. However, the creators didn't feel the need to even address the relationship so no wonder people are confused. But then again, they neglected a lot of things so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Quote:
letz start a kiramey fandome!
Yeah! I mean if YzakFllay can have a fandom, why can't KiraMey? Makes sense to me.
Old 2007-02-09, 22:27   Link #18
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

I like how the stupid fan term is "AsuCaga" even though his name is Athrun. If you're gonna go wap and use "Asu" may as well go all-out and make it "AsuKaga". But what do I know? I guess if I had the time to waste on thinking about silly romance speculations in cartoon shows then I would know something or other about that silly fan term. Sometimes I just don't get SEED fans.
Old 2007-02-09, 22:34   Link #19
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Still hope to Rusty, too? o.o

Poor Rusty. He's any fans.

And poor Tolle. He has no fan too.

And... well, why not a Rusty/Cagalli? I was wondering about that. Or Cagalli/Kisaka :m. Maybe...

I'm so scared of my mind ... O.o.

(LoL It's just a joke xD Don't be annoyed because my post)

Last edited by Zaresh; 2007-02-09 at 22:46.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 00:15   Link #20
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
I like how the stupid fan term is "AsuCaga" even though his name is Athrun. If you're gonna go wap and use "Asu" may as well go all-out and make it "AsuKaga". But what do I know? I guess if I had the time to waste on thinking about silly romance speculations in cartoon shows then I would know something or other about that silly fan term. Sometimes I just don't get SEED fans.
LMAO you just wasted that precious time anyways...

All I knew was that it was AsuCaga and I didn't care enuff to think otherwise...I think what's important (as if any of this truley is important) is whether or not you understand what's being discussed...If you do then you do...which may be dope or non-dope...I don't know...

As for your point about GSD being a cartoon, I think I would have enjoyed this show much more if it was a mere cartoon ....

Now for the actual question, as long as GSD wants us to believe Cagali can actually lead a nation (God help me George Bush makes that lunacy of a fact almost credible ) then we will have to believe any association with Athrun in anyway contrary to that prior development wouldn't work...Which means for the near future their relation as a couple would not work for what they both are currently trying to achieve...However aslong as pen and paper exists and Bandai has the right to contradict with the quickest of bootycalls there may still be hope...

My personal opinion...Athrun's such an emo nutcase when it comes to his relationship with her someone simplier like Meyrin who seems less problematic in her affections for him may be just what he needs...Because in a relationship with Cags he has to be the crutch and he's not a good crutch from what I've seen...He needs someone to be his crutch actually...Hell I'm sure AsuMeyrin (as if I still care that "Asu" doesn't exist to me^^) have already created the 'beast with two backs' anyways...So let them spawn some little SEED children to litter the CE galaxy with more godmoders for the 20 year anniverssary special ....