AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-10, 10:40   Link #1521
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo0 View Post
I've got Haruhi and Mikuru figurines, but I've been looking everywhere for Yuki, Koizumi and Kyon. The make I'm referring to is the series by Max Factory.

Does anyone know of any shops that may have them in stock?
I bought my Kyon figurine at a local store, so maybe you should try look there?
You're referring to that Figma series right? Right now I only have Tsuruya-san, Kyon, and Haruhi and Mikuru in their Cheerleader uniforms.
Old 2010-05-10, 12:36   Link #1522
Mungo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
I bought my Kyon figurine at a local store, so maybe you should try look there?
You're referring to that Figma series right? Right now I only have Tsuruya-san, Kyon, and Haruhi and Mikuru in their Cheerleader uniforms.
Yeah, I am. I've got Haruhi and Mikuru in their school uniform (non-summer version)
Sadly, Norwich doesn't have much market for anime figurines. Heck, I don't think there's a shop that sells anime figurines.

EDIT: Just had a quick google search, there's only one anime shop, but they consider Twilight to be anime, to the extent that they're promoting figurines of Bella and Edward as anime.

On a more positive note - I've bought the first 8 DVDs. After working out how much each DVD would cost me (About 30 pounds or so each) with the extras, I felt that was a good price.

Now to wait. Actually, I've seen this PVC of Mikuru in a waitress uniform. I may just buy that one.

Last edited by Mungo0; 2010-05-10 at 12:50.
Old 2010-05-10, 13:07   Link #1523
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Yeah, I am. I've got Haruhi and Mikuru in their school uniform (non-summer version)
Sadly, Norwich doesn't have much market for anime figurines. Heck, I don't think there's a shop that sells anime figurines.

EDIT: Just had a quick google search, there's only one anime shop, but they consider Twilight to be anime, to the extent that they're promoting figurines of Bella and Edward as anime.

On a more positive note - I've bought the first 8 DVDs. After working out how much each DVD would cost me (About 30 pounds or so each) with the extras, I felt that was a good price.

Now to wait. Actually, I've seen this PVC of Mikuru in a waitress uniform. I may just buy that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
I did a quick search on Archonia for you and I've found this Yuki figurine. I'm afraid they don't have Kyon or Koizumi (though, I seem to recall that they had them earlier).
Did you even read my post?

They also have summer-uniform Haruhi, by the way (thanks for saying that's the one you didn't have).
Old 2010-05-10, 13:18   Link #1524
Mungo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Did you even read my post?

They also have summer-uniform Haruhi, by the way (thanks for saying that's the one you didn't have).
I did. But I was looking for Kyon and Koizumi now. Maybe Tsuruya if I like her enough.

EDIT: Ah, excellent. Archonia supports Paypal. Now I can get Tsuruya and Summer Haruhi.

Last edited by Mungo0; 2010-05-10 at 13:36.
Old 2010-05-10, 13:23   Link #1525
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Tsuruya, they have (also the maid version), but like I said, they don't have the guys (but they used to).
Old 2010-05-10, 18:18   Link #1526
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Technically that's a waitress outfit there in the 2nd link...
Old 2010-05-10, 19:51   Link #1527
Strife212

I managed to get one of the film clippings from dissappearance pretty cheap, it's not the most exciting scene

Old 2010-05-18, 09:01   Link #1528
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
According to 7net, Kadokawa is releasing a new artbook from the Haruhi anime series. It's listed as being from spring until summer and mentions swimsuits and bunny girl costumes in it. 150 pages and 1890 yen. No other retailer has mentioned it yet.

Edit: Update 5/19
Cd Japan is now listing the book as well.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-05-19 at 22:17.
Old 2010-05-18, 13:08   Link #1529
Mungo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
According to 7net, Kadokawa is releasing a new artbook from the Haruhi anime series. It's listed as being from spring until summer and mentions swimsuits and bunny girl costumes in it. 150 pages and 1890 yen. No other retailer has mentioned it yet.
Interesting. I may purchase it. Although it seems cheap, compared to another art book which I've seen around, for about Ł30 - approximately 4000 yen. Wonder what the difference is.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - I ordered my 2006 DVDs about a week ago - my middleman should be getting them right about now, actually. It's my birthday in a week or so, so I can excuse that as a present to myself. :P
Old 2010-05-18, 14:58   Link #1530
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Spoiler for we demand a figma version of waitress Tsuru-nyan:
Old 2010-05-19, 01:29   Link #1531
ijuinkun

Tsuruya Beam!
Old 2010-05-19, 09:37   Link #1532
OkamiNoKaze

Maybe she'll be the "Evil Battle waitress" in the second Adventures of Mikuru.
Old 2010-05-24, 12:08   Link #1533
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Kadokawa Publishing posted their page for the new artbook. They confirm a 7/29 release date and 150 pages with A4 page size. It'll be spring and summer pictures with the SOS Brigade, and will likely be of the anime styling of the characters rather than the Ito-sensei versions.

Old 2010-05-24, 12:42   Link #1534
s07195
However,

Quote:
Not bragging, but I think I saw one some time ago...I'll have to see if they still have it...
Not exactly mint condition, though...

Is there an artbook with only Itou-sensei's drawings?
She seems to spend much more time on Shana than Haruhi...
Old 2010-05-24, 12:52   Link #1535
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Is there an artbook with only Itou-sensei's drawings?
She seems to spend much more time on Shana than Haruhi...
Here is the official page from Kadokawa. Amazon Japan and Kinokuniya both have it in stock, but it is around 3000 yen (it was $50 when I saw it in S.F. this weekend). It's also included in the Otanoshimi box if you find one of those and want the BLR DVD.

Old 2010-05-28, 07:52   Link #1536
Gyom

Send a message via MSN to Gyom
CDJapan and Amazon.co.jp have listed a blu-ray box for Haruhi-chan and nyoron churuya-san !
Price : 14000 yens
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KAXA-1900
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%B6%BC%E5...dp/B003O9G508/

It does contain English subtitles
Old 2010-05-29, 10:57   Link #1537
Qikz

Managed to get hold of my first figma today at Expo in London. It's the Mikuru in her waitress outfit from when she was filming the film. Pretty awesome. :wub:
Old 2010-05-29, 19:33   Link #1538
Mungo0

Okay, since my collection is building up, I thought I'd take the opportunity to show you guys how it's coming along.
(Special thanks to ultimatemegax, because he introduced me to the middleman service which I could not have got the Japan exclusive posters without. Did that make sense, gramatically? )
Sorry for the poor quality, my HTC Legend's all I had for taking photos.

On without further ado!
Spoiler for for size. It is MASSIVE!:

I have some more items coming, including the 2006 Japanese DVDs with extras, and a Mikuru PVC statue.
Old 2010-05-29, 20:19   Link #1539
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Okay, since my collection is building up, I thought I'd take the opportunity to show you guys how it's coming along.
(Special thanks to ultimatemegax, because he introduced me to the middleman service which I could not have got the Japan exclusive posters without. Did that make sense, gramatically? )
Sorry for the poor quality, my HTC Legend's all I had for taking photos.

On without further ado! (images removed for bandwidth purposes)

I have some more items coming, including the 2006 Japanese DVDs with extras, and a Mikuru PVC statue.
Awesome posters, I'm glad you were able to get them. Will you be getting the rest of the 2009 R2 DVDs or holding off on another release?

It's interesting that you got half USA R1 English releases and half R2 UK English releases in your box. Any particular reason?

Old 2010-05-29, 20:29   Link #1540
Mungo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Awesome posters, I'm glad you were able to get them. Will you be getting the rest of the 2009 R2 DVDs or holding off on another release?

It's interesting that you got half USA R1 English releases and half R2 UK English releases in your box. Any particular reason?
Ah, you have sharp eyes! Well, I was planning to get the rest, but it depends on the prices. If I can find an auction with all DVDs for a reasonably cheap price, then I'll get them all at once. If not, I'll just slowly get each, one by one.
I was looking at the auctions with the Yuki sleeves, that looked nice.

Depending on the extras included, I may get the Region 2 releases as well.

The R2 DVDs were available in my area, so I got them. After a few weeks of waiting, I decided to import the R1 DVDs because there were no sources of the first or second LE DVDs in the UK. Funnily enough, it cost me the price of 1 R2 LE to get 2 R1 LEs, don't know why.

The contents were the same, plus I was planning to watch the Japanese DVDs, so that's the reason.

EDIT. Huzzah! My Haruhi DVDs are here! Anyone want pictures? I would be very happy to provide.

Last edited by Mungo0; 2010-06-03 at 11:11. Reason: Adding into extra content
Closed Thread