AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2018-11-23, 11:42   Link #2501
Mars Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
She's been hanging out with Madoka in Magical Girl Heaven. It's not too much of a stretch to assume that Madoka filled her in on the details.

Um, Kyouko and Mami were both alive at the end of the series, their deaths by witch having been retconned along with the existence of witches. And the whole "erasaed from existence" thing was never confirmed by anyone who actually knew what was going on, and Urobuchi later came out and said that what really happened was that Madoka took Sayaka and other magical girls like her away to Magical Girl Heaven.
But when Homura asked what happened to Sayaka, Mami replies:
"We searched for hope, and before we can curse the world from the fate that results from that, we magical girls must vanish as well. You should know that yourself already."
How do you explain that?

Quote:
Madoka can do one thing, and one thing only: Purify near-broken Soul Gems. Homura's Soul Gem had reached that point, ergo, cue Madoka. Everything beyond that is basically just explained by Kyubey's technobabble in the movie itself.
Alright, I suppose since Madoka has become eternal and has been saving everyone throughout history from becoming a witch because her wish was to save everyone herself, it makes sense that she would save Homura from becoming a witch in the future.

Quote:
They heard what Homura said on the matter in episode 12, and thought it all sounded legit enough to make an attempt since it could potentially help them further their own goal.
What I interpreted that scene as is that they didn't know about witches and how their power could be used to meet their goal. Of course reading some of the discussion, I've come to wonder what the wraith are and why Kyubey is interested in helping to fight them.

Quote:
The only interpretation I've heard for this part that made any sense (The movie's own explanation sure as hell didn't) is that Homura basically short-circuited the universe itself; Madoka's wish had rendered witches utterly impossible, but Homura physically stopped Madoka from purifying her Soul Gem, which would mean that she had no other outcome besides to become a witch, but she couldn't become a witch because that would go against the nigh-omnipotent Madoka's universe-rewriting wish, so... the universe basically took a third option and turned her into something neither magical girl nor witch, and her unfathomable power kinda fits with the whole "karmic potential" thing the show had going because she just literally broke reality, so of course her transformation would be the most OP thing in existence.

...It makes more sense than "My Soul Gem was not corrupted by curses, but by love", anyway.
But the only way that makes sense is if Homura having her labyrinth birth inside of herself caused her to be able to interact with beings outside the realm of reality.

Currently reading:: The Sirens of Titan.
Mars Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 12:37   Link #2502
Vegard Aune

Yeah, not gonna continue this discussion. I don't even like this movie very much, so I'm not gonna go out of my way to defend it.
Old 2019-11-22, 06:38   Link #2503
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Veeery late, but finaly watched Meduca Rebellion. Suddenly the name Akemi 暁美 makes a WHOLE lot of sense.
The dawn light, morning light, the light, or in other words, Lucifer. The fallen angel, the one who rebelled against God.
Old 2019-11-22, 12:15   Link #2504
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Veeery late, but finaly watched Meduca Rebellion. Suddenly the name Akemi 暁美 makes a WHOLE lot of sense.
The dawn light, morning light, the light, or in other words, Lucifer. The fallen angel, the one who rebelled against God.
Too bad it's never going to continue. MagiReco is about the best we'll get for any further Madoka stuff
Old 2019-11-22, 17:43   Link #2505
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I think that's fine, Madoka became a god to save magical girls, Homura breaks that law to save Madoka but at the same time managed to convince the Incubators to not tamper with emotional energy anymore, which probably means no more magical girls so Madoka's salvation isn't really needed anymore. Although you could expand upon this I'd say it's complete enough as a story.

Anyway, after digging back through this thread, I found that apparently the Rebellion story hasn't been conceived by the end of the anime season. If so, then the name Akemi having connection with Lucifer was probably just a coincidence. But wow, what a coincidence!

Tags
madoka