AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Old 2015-07-01, 13:07   Link #2201
drawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Actually, the biggest difference between many of the Japanese Slaine fans and many of those 'Slaine did nothing wrong' Western fans is that the latter blame everything on Asseylum whilst the former don't. One of the reasons that Japanese fans (Amamiya and Minase included) like Slaine is that he was doing everything for the princess. And from what I understand, the Western fandom has been rather cheesed off about that. Go figure.

Nothing mentioned in 24.5, nor in the pamphlet. The S2 Guidebook's out today, but I'm not expecting anything concrete either, because I think they addressed it adequately in the show itself.
Seems misguided to blame Asseylum when she's never asked anything of Slaine. I can't follow that train of thought...at least japanese fans sound reasonable, though I think the attachment he got for the girl wasn't healthy. But it is not her fault at all.

I found it a little vague in the show as we didn't really get concrete info on what aldnoah is yet. Too bad.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 23:51   Link #2202
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

For the record, and just in case anyone is still interested, here's what I managed to find out about Urobuchi's involvement in Aldnoah.Zero...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 00:04   Link #2203
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
For the record, and just in case anyone is still interested, here's what I managed to find out about Urobuchi's involvement in Aldnoah.Zero...
So that part about Inaho and Asseylum falling in love was real? I always thought it was a joke to brush off the controversial S1 ending blaming from himself.
Old 2015-08-27, 02:02   Link #2204
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
So that part about Inaho and Asseylum falling in love was real? I always thought it was a joke to brush off the controversial S1 ending blaming from himself.
It's hard to tell. Urobuchi is the only one who's said anything about it. Nagano (I think it was) mentions in one interview that, for a while, he felt that it would be ok for Asseylum to end up with the person she loved. But then, he came around because if they did that, what would it be like for the one who 'lost'? Urobuchi's outline, on the other hand, has always had her marrying for political purposes. As for Aoki, he's always said that he leaves it up to the viewer to decide how the characters feel about each other, so I don't expect him to touch on it, whether it's true or not. Takayama and Aoki confirmed that the outline had Slaine taking Asseylum away though, in the episode 12 finale, after he killed Saaz.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2015-08-27, 07:09   Link #2205
John117xCortana

His sister already gave us hints that Inaho has a thing for Asseylum. Because of his condition he can't properly express them like the average person can.

He knows that given their different social status they can't be together. They both know it. But that won't stop either of them from showing how much they love each other.

This is basically a Prisoner of Zenda ending.

Last edited by John117xCortana; 2015-08-27 at 07:50.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 15:34   Link #2206
drawr

Quote:
But then, he came around because if they did that, what would it be like for the one who 'lost'?
Sigh, I wish this wasn't a concern. Not that I ship it, but I don't think stories should be compromised over hurt feelings of fans or characters. I mean, they've done way worse to Slaine anyway I always felt like Asseylum was more attached to Inaho in the end of it all, to be honest.
Old 2015-10-14, 16:06   Link #2207
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

The story wasn't compromised, though. Asseylum marrying for political reasons was the plan from the start, and the most realistic option in the world they'd created.

If she'd ended up with Inaho (or Slaine) - that would have compromised the story...

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2015-10-18, 00:07   Link #2208
drawr

Quote:
The story wasn't compromised, though. Asseylum marrying for political reasons was the plan from the start, and the most realistic option in the world they'd created.

If she'd ended up with Inaho (or Slaine) - that would have compromised the story...
Oh, I don't mean ending up married or anything silly like that. I've seen many a film where the princess or some important figure has a grand adventure and falls in love with a commoner but has to marry nobility in the end. I just think they shouldn't worry about "who gets left out" if what they wanted to tell was a romance or whatever between them, as the quote stated.
Old 2015-10-18, 13:22   Link #2209
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:

The story was compromised. What Inaho and Slaine did was for nothing.

Asseylum gave the Martian nobles a reason to go to war, even though all she had to do was wait for her sick grandfather to die to marry the guy she was likely gonna marry anyway.

She was a naive, sheltered, vapid princess we find all too often in mecha anime.

This is what I hated about the ending.

Slaine and Inaho were too good and idealistic for Princess Stupid. Slaine and Inaho were held back by fighting for Asseylum. The dumbest, most naive person ended up winning the war by forcing herself to get married to a tool.

Slaine had a vision of reintegrating martians into terran society, introducing democracy to Mars. Inaho was a military genius.

Slaine had the vision. Inaho had the tactical prowess. Why didn't they fight together? Why did they waste their time obsessing over a dumb girl with no redeeming qualities other than wanting to be really nice?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 13:30   Link #2210
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
His sister already gave us hints that Inaho has a thing for Asseylum. Because of his condition he can't properly express them like the average person can.

He knows that given their different social status they can't be together. They both know it. But that won't stop either of them from showing how much they love each other.

This is basically a Prisoner of Zenda ending.
They're not on the same intellectual level. Princess Asseylum was stupid.

I don't think Inaho was in love with the princess. He wanted to save her because she could save the Earth. He might have been attracted to her and had a crush but Inaho was a human computer without much emotion. His interest in Asseylum was her power.

Slaine was in love with her because he knew her for a long time. Slaine was romantic and idealistic.

Slaine had the vision and creativity. Inaho had the brains and cold calculus.

We need a sequel where they team up.
Old 2015-10-19, 03:50   Link #2211
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Slaine had a vision of reintegrating martians into terran society, introducing democracy to Mars. Inaho was a military genius.

Slaine had the vision. Inaho had the tactical prowess. Why didn't they fight together? Why did they waste their time obsessing over a dumb girl with no redeeming qualities other than wanting to be really nice?
Because fighting solves nothing. Why do you think the Middle East is still a mess?

Actually, don't answer that. I don't want to start a political debate over a show that most people don't seem to understand.

@drawr

On the contrary, if they wanted a romance, what happens to the loser in a triangle, what he/she gets from "having loved and lost" is one thing a writer has to consider. But that's a topic for another sub-forum, since AZ isn't and never was a romance.

Anyways, I understand now why people don't like translating / summarising bits and pieces. So I'm done with AZ here. Sore Ja.

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2015-10-19, 12:19   Link #2212
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Because fighting solves nothing. Why do you think the Middle East is still a mess?

Actually, don't answer that. I don't want to start a political debate over a show that most people don't seem to understand.

@drawr

On the contrary, if they wanted a romance, what happens to the loser in a triangle, what he/she gets from "having loved and lost" is one thing a writer has to consider. But that's a topic for another sub-forum, since AZ isn't and never was a romance.

Anyways, I understand now why people don't like translating / summarising bits and pieces. So I'm done with AZ here. Sore Ja.
In the case of Japan, total victory and unconditional surrender solved some things like WW2.

Japan is a country that got nuked and then had democracy installed on it. History of having a warrior culture. Lot of anime and manga involves a bunch of heroic dudes solving problems but fighting.

Some Japanese fiction, fighting solves a lot of problems when someone wins unconditionally.

The creators of AZ probably want to create a franchise. Having Slaine win outright and completely conquer two planets would end the story. Asseylum stopping the hostilities but letting the underlying problems, tensions survive and fester allows the creators to revisit this universe later.

Asseylum stopped the fighting but didn't fix the long term problems.
Old 2015-10-23, 03:48   Link #2213
00 raizer

Quote:
I don't think Inaho was in love with the princess. He wanted to save her because she could save the Earth. He might have been attracted to her and had a crush but Inaho was a human computer without much emotion. His interest in Asseylum was her power.
Then,may you explain why Inaho thinking about Asseylum after she was shot by Saazbaum?

Quote:

Slaine had a vision of reintegrating martians into terran society, introducing democracy to Mars.
And what democracy when Slaine announce the new empire of Mars by marriage of him with fake Asseylum???
And not least he try to conquer the earth when he know the martian was the mastermind of the war...

Last edited by LKK; 2015-10-23 at 08:34. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row. edit instead.
00 raizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 22:42   Link #2214
Chosen_Hero

Old 2016-03-17, 21:47   Link #2215
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so i rewatched the ending of the first season. all those emotions about wanting to murder slaine came back. fantastic writing to make a viewer hate a character so much.

ugh. the ending kills me so much. inaho and assylum should have ended up together.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2016-03-20 at 21:51.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-01, 19:06   Link #2216
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Watching a couple of the battles made me realize how much of a difference a couple of Vers Pilots would make supporting the Orbital Knights, all they needed was repurposed Aerions with slightly higher tech weapons and they would had made this even more of a stomp. Inaho was only able to use his strategies because of their military caste system making it only the Vers nobility being able to use Aldanoah Kataphrakts, but even having a couple of rabble mechs providing cover can spoil Inaho's plays

Tags
mecha, sci-fi