AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-02, 12:32   Link #16241
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder how much that would be worth for recycling?
I know it is worth a whole lot just to have it removed via burning up in reentry as it saves potentail damage to every expensive equipment that is already up there and anything esle we may need or want up there.
Old 2011-09-02, 13:19   Link #16242
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
This is all pretty sick. That scene was perfect in the original, why is he being stupid and adding melodramatic "NOOOooo"s where they are not necessary.

Here's hoping someone releases an edited Blu Ray rip with the old audio track in. The other changes, such as they are, quite minor in comparison (though I only have your web site to go on...)

In other news:

Belarus Struggles With Meat Shortage as Russians Exploit Currency Plunge

Seems like things have gotten seriously bad for "Europe's last dictatorship".
Old 2011-09-02, 13:29   Link #16243
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post

In other news:

Belarus Struggles With Meat Shortage as Russians Exploit Currency Plunge

Seems like things have gotten seriously bad for "Europe's last dictatorship".
time for the Vegans to go to Belarus to preach that the people are better off without meat.
Old 2011-09-02, 13:42   Link #16244
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

More News:

Anger as Wikileaks releases all US cables unredacted

It's actually quite serious, as the names of many informers and individuals living in totalitarian states have been released....
Old 2011-09-02, 14:04   Link #16245
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i still waiting for those documents regarding the big banks.
Old 2011-09-02, 14:18   Link #16246
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Julian is still waiting for his trail to release those....
Old 2011-09-02, 14:25   Link #16247
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Ah, how the chain of links on the Web can lead one astray. At the bottom of this article about the cute Kabuki dancer is a link to another story on the use of modified sex dolls in a dental school. Of course, that had another link to something called Orient Industry, which the CNN columnist wisely observed is NSFW! I was especially impressed with the degree of customization (even more NSFW) offered while designing your perfect night-time companion.
Old 2011-09-02, 19:57   Link #16248
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Well...
I can sort of see the Vade change, as it connects with his time as Anakin more, since when this was fimed in 1982 there was no scenes for just Anakin Skywalker yet. Not a very good change, but I can understand the justification for it.

Han and Greedo...getting closer to them shooting at the same time (rather than just Han shooting as originally shot)..whatever...it is better than the slow delay from before.

Blinking Ewoks...um...I don't know if I noticed much or cared if they blinked...i think the remote controlled mask has a blink, but it never worked right...so I guess that is fix.

CFI Yoda in the Phantom Menace....I embrace this one. The new puppet didn't look all that good in 1999, and the CGi Yoda from Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith was awesome.

The Obi-wan scaring the Tusken Raider's scene...um...I'll wait until I see an official version of it.

Other stuff like fixing the effects, or refixing the effects that were disrupted last when they went digital (Luke's lightsaber turning green in the first film for a scene for instance). Those are fine.

Supposedly all those deleted scenes finally. I'd seen part of the scene with Biggs that was suppoe to be near the start of the original movie, but almost all the others I'd only seen stills of in picture books. Some will be interesting...others will show why they got cut.
Old 2011-09-02, 22:24   Link #16249
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

UN: Credible evidence Iran working on nuke weapons
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-02-21-35-09
True or false, the U.N. will do nothing, as usual.

A 9/11 Coloring Book
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...ring-book.html
A new tools for brain-washing childrens.

Last edited by ganbaru; 2011-09-02 at 22:38.
Old 2011-09-03, 01:24   Link #16250
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Material for up to six nuclear warheads doesn't seem like a lot when the historical value of such a weapon is as a deterrent factor against other nuclear powers and non-nuclear powers. A deterrent factor they have not really had up to this point against several nuclear powers that can be sometimes cross with Iran.

Add to this that their missile technology does not have the range to act as a deterrent against the United States (principle nuclear power that has been cross with Iran), I don't see the value of a small nuclear program other than to ge everyone around you even more cross with Iran. They do have the range to hit Israel, US bases in the Middle East, and maybe some parts of Eastern Europe, Russia, and China. Hitting Israel sounds like the worst mistake they could make honestly. No only will that make several countries cross with Iran, but I would not put it pastIsrael to have something just in case someone tried to nuke them. And whatever it is will not be pretty.

However, no one believes that they are doing this for fuel...which would be a logical reason for tis process...save that no one believes the Iranian government to be entirely stable...in the mental sense of the word. Too much bad blood from 1979 onwards for the Americans to trust Iran at this stage of the game.
Old 2011-09-03, 03:06   Link #16251
flying ^

wow...

democrats & liberals sure got a rude awakening after this POtuS pulled this Friday stunt

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_946557.html
Old 2011-09-03, 12:06   Link #16252
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
wow...

democrats & liberals sure got a rude awakening after this POtuS pulled this Friday stunt

And I can guarantee the decision will not lead the corporations to create one single job, because that's not what is causing the lack of jobs creation. Nor is it other regulations nor taxes. Trace the profits and trace the tax break "welfare" to corporations -- they are rewarded for offshoring jobs by the tax codes they lobbied for and rewarding themselves at the expense of the community, the expense of the shareholders, the employees, and of the corporations themselves.
Old 2011-09-03, 12:17   Link #16253
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...091688,00.html

Clashes erupted in Sudan's Blue Nile state early Friday, making the area the latest and most critical to descend into fighting between the Sudanese government and rebel forces — and bringing the prospect of an all-out Sudanese civil war ever closer to reality. Together with the still unresolved conflict in Darfur and recent war in the Nuba Mountains, the ring of Sudan's rebellions now stretches from the western border with Chad to its eastern border with Ethiopia. Sudan's old civil war appears to be roaring back to life. And chances are, it is only getting started.

more civil wars in Sudan.
Old 2011-09-03, 14:45   Link #16254
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post

A 9/11 Coloring Book
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...ring-book.html
A new tools for brain-washing childrens.
So after Libya, Iran is next on the list I take it?

War marketing campaign ahead!
Old 2011-09-03, 14:50   Link #16255
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I believe the U.N. will not do anything concerning this matter simply because it's happened multiple times and Iran is still making nuclear weapons. Maybe a little pressuring, but nothing further then that from what I believe.
Old 2011-09-03, 15:19   Link #16256
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
So after Libya, Iran is next on the list I take it?

War marketing campaign ahead!
This has sort of thing has been going for years, war isn't happening any time soon...
Old 2011-09-03, 15:49   Link #16257
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Material for up to six nuclear warheads doesn't seem like a lot when the historical value of such a weapon is as a deterrent factor against other nuclear powers and non-nuclear powers. A deterrent factor they have not really had up to this point against several nuclear powers that can be sometimes cross with Iran.

Add to this that their missile technology does not have the range to act as a deterrent against the United States (principle nuclear power that has been cross with Iran), I don't see the value of a small nuclear program other than to ge everyone around you even more cross with Iran. They do have the range to hit Israel, US bases in the Middle East, and maybe some parts of Eastern Europe, Russia, and China. Hitting Israel sounds like the worst mistake they could make honestly. No only will that make several countries cross with Iran, but I would not put it pastIsrael to have something just in case someone tried to nuke them. And whatever it is will not be pretty.

However, no one believes that they are doing this for fuel...which would be a logical reason for tis process...save that no one believes the Iranian government to be entirely stable...in the mental sense of the word. Too much bad blood from 1979 onwards for the Americans to trust Iran at this stage of the game.
Iran does have a strong conventional deterrent in being able to shut down the Straits of Hormuz though. The US can forcibly reopen them, but that would take at least a few weeks, probably cost us a carrier group if it can't get out of the gulf in time, and in the time it takes to reopen the strait and convince ship owners it's safe to traverse, the world's economy would collapse as oil would soar to hundreds of dollars a barrel. They don't really need nuclear weapons. Unless we get another bush type in the white house.
Old 2011-09-03, 16:38   Link #16258
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
wow...

whether his was right (very few times) or wrong (most of the time) Bush (almost)never back down. Something Obama could learn form Bush.
Old 2011-09-03, 22:19   Link #16259
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
wow...

Seriously? Wtf, that's one major fuck up by Obama. Choosing corporate interests over health and quality of living...
Old 2011-09-03, 22:42   Link #16260
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
more civil wars in Sudan.
Not much surprising, BTW they probably have also the issue of the drought like many country of that region, no ?

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international