AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-11, 10:05   Link #241
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I have faith in Chiwa pulling it off, nonetheless. Just needs to combine a bit of some of her previous roles and viola!
Old 2013-08-12, 17:56   Link #242
Kyuusaisha

Really looking forward to this. Tatenashi in animated glory. I don't think I've liked an "onee-san" like this since Tama-nee.
Old 2013-08-13, 00:58   Link #243
Haiprbim
Banned

You're all expecting so much.
Whether that you'll be amazed or surprised.
What if in the end, it will be just another normal character when animated, and a total let-down?
Don't let the series go to the bad light because of too high expectations, I have experience about that.
Old 2013-08-13, 01:00   Link #244
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I can't wait for the dumb, clueless and hopless Ichika and the shy hopeless romatic samurai Houki!!!
Old 2013-08-13, 01:34   Link #245
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I can't wait for the dumbing down of Tatenashi! Gonna start planning the funeral for the character assasination now.
Old 2013-08-13, 01:49   Link #246
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Char is all I need.
Old 2013-08-13, 02:36   Link #247
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Char is all I need.
Char-Char-Char-o-llou-ttee.
(S)he is just epic, I really hope she stays the way she is in the SS as well.

Last edited by Haiprbim; 2013-08-13 at 03:23.
Old 2013-08-13, 03:07   Link #248
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Char is all I need.
Charlotte is my second choice.... such a sweet ex trap....
Old 2013-08-13, 03:34   Link #249
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Charlotte is my second choice.... such a sweet ex trap....
Second only? I see someone's been using the ER's IV Diazepam.
Old 2013-08-13, 05:26   Link #250
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Nope, he is not alone! Actually, Charl is my third-to-last choice.
Old 2013-08-13, 05:30   Link #251
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Second only? I see someone's been using the ER's IV Diazepam.
Charlotte is a sweet girl... I like how she been assertive but well, all of them are..... but I prefer Houki.. since I like childhood friends becoming couples....
Old 2013-08-13, 09:12   Link #252
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Charl is Darth Vader to me.

You were supposed to bring balance to the harem, not join them!!
Old 2013-08-13, 09:23   Link #253
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And why the heck we need a harem for someone like Ichika?
Old 2013-08-13, 09:25   Link #254
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Because Ichika is a loser, the target audience are otakus and otakus are lo-- ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh
Old 2013-08-13, 09:25   Link #255
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Charl is Darth Vader to me.

You were supposed to bring balance to the harem, not join them!!
This ^^^^^ I agree completely!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-08-13, 09:29   Link #256
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Fan is the last thing a TRUE novel writer has to think about. But I guess he is nothing more than a sellpen - and a bad one, too!
Old 2013-08-13, 10:55   Link #257
Kyuusaisha

While I like many others in this thread worry they will butcher Tatenashi.

From the PV it does seem like we'll be getting more stuff from volume 4(?!) and seemingly a lot of the other comedy aspects of the novels so here's to hoping they don't cut off anything important(read: Tatenashi).
Old 2013-08-13, 15:44   Link #258
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Because Ichika is a loser, the target audience are otakus and otakus are lo-- ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh
You haven't really thought this through.

Ichika is the way he is because he has to be that way -- it perpetuates the plot. If Ichika were not like this, he would not be surrounded by a bunch of heroines who love him and are fighting for his affection -- this is a central element of the story's premise. The actual "otaku" who watch this show are well-aware that this is by design, and although he's frustrating in his idiocy, you have to put up with it because it perpetuates the hijinks that result, and that's part of the fun of the show. It's certainly not because they identify with him or are anything like him, because that isn't the point. Because Ichika is this sort of "loser", we can have this sort of story. The intention of the story is not to personally identify with Ichika as much as it's just to enjoy experiencing the time he spends with the various heroines in the story.

Acting like you're so far "above" Ichika and the target audience is completely missing the point. If you're watching the show, you're part of the audience either way. The only real difference is whether you enjoy the harem hijinks or not, and whether you're willing to admit it.

The fandom for this show makes me laugh, because it's always like "well, I tried it, but I didn't inhale". Seriously... who cares... like what you like.
Old 2013-08-13, 23:22   Link #259
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You haven't really thought this through.

Ichika is the way he is because he has to be that way -- it perpetuates the plot. If Ichika were not like this, he would not be surrounded by a bunch of heroines who love him and are fighting for his affection -- this is a central element of the story's premise. The actual "otaku" who watch this show are well-aware that this is by design, and although he's frustrating in his idiocy, you have to put up with it because it perpetuates the hijinks that result, and that's part of the fun of the show. It's certainly not because they identify with him or are anything like him, because that isn't the point. Because Ichika is this sort of "loser", we can have this sort of story. The intention of the story is not to personally identify with Ichika as much as it's just to enjoy experiencing the time he spends with the various heroines in the story.

Acting like you're so far "above" Ichika and the target audience is completely missing the point. If you're watching the show, you're part of the audience either way. The only real difference is whether you enjoy the harem hijinks or not, and whether you're willing to admit it.

The fandom for this show makes me laugh, because it's always like "well, I tried it, but I didn't inhale". Seriously... who cares... like what you like.
No, he does not need to be that way.

Yes, it will be harder if he were smarter and knew what he was doing. But he didn't need to be too smart, just enough at least not make us facepalm.

The author however has to be much better. Only then can he plot a storyline that isn't half wasted on ripped off harem junk and the other half wasted on missed opportunities to progress the plot. He needs to make the antagonists feel more present. There needs to be more consistency. There needs to be more impact. He needs to make us care more for the girls in this fight. There needs to be more interesting bitch fights and underplay.

The setting needs to make more sense.

The only thing I liked about IS was that there's mecha musume without being overloaded by yuri. Ichika was a start, but he could be more. Cecilia was a start but she could be more. Houki was a start, and again she could be more. Rin was annoying and instead of getting better, she just kept on sliding...

But Charl started STRONG. She was Our Only Hope. And later, she BACKTRACKED!! That was the ultimate show of incompetence!!

IS could have been so much more. When I heard the author lost his publisher and that sequels were uncertain, I rejoiced. It was the moment where fandom could come in and take over. It was the moment when IS could not be destroyed any further by Izumi.

But now that he's got his job back and the novels in production again, that is just an utter disappointment!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-14 at 00:04. Reason: edited
Old 2013-08-13, 23:34   Link #260
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

C'est la Vie!
Well, maybe that the Author continue to write is not really a bad thing! I mean, half of the Fanfic community is a bunch of low-quality Self-insert authors who have no idea what they are doing and have to relies on existing material!
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, mecha, season 2, shonen