AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-01, 02:13   Link #441
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh god that was..beautiful ;_; I like every additional parts that they add for this anime. Also it's nice to see those original characters back in episode 1 returns here. My favorite part would be grandma singing and Nike's song at the end though, it really gives me the feels.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 15:14   Link #442
Somnus
Eh?

Late to the party for one of my favourite series ever.

I often say that no matter how great the season is, it's the final episode and ending that weigh in for an incredibly large portion of my overall entertainment value. All too often am I disappointed by having a fantastic series lead into a terribly executed (or just plain terrible) ending.

That said, this is most definitely not the case. To quote Guardian Enzo, this episode was note-perfect. Loved every second, and was pleasantly surprised when it brought me to an almost "watery-eyed" state during the farewell song.

And my goodness, THAT FAREWELL SONG. For all my criticism during the series about how I wish Nike's song was different (specifically, I really only had an issue with the chorus), that Farewell Song was downright perfect. I listened to it numerous times, and the imagery and emotion throughout was impeccable.

All in all, a wonderful series. I honestly wish there were more like this, but I suppose part of what makes it so special is the rarity of it as well.
Old 2014-07-02, 02:07   Link #443
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Beautiful final episode. The farewell song sent me chills up my spine, and having Nike to sing 'Tender Rain' in acapella was a touching way to convey her longing for Livi's presence. The show had a couple of setbacks, but the ending was worth it. Can't wait for a second season!
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 17:34   Link #444
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

My computer broke down so I wasn't able to watch the 2 last eps until late but the good thing was I got time to rewatch 12 Kingdoms and Utawarerumono and fell in love with them all over again. After feeling all warm and fuzzy about Hakurou/Eruru, I got another sweet dosage after watching Soredemo finale. That was lovely. I enjoyed the series thoroughly. It's the best of the season for me (and the only one that I followed.) I like the pace and the focus on the main couple. The last scene of their kiss was beautiful. Perfecto. I wouldn't mind watching Livi/Nike slice of life.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 18:09   Link #445
cleo

Lovely series. It's always a delight to watch a show with a good, strong female MC. Nike reminded me a lot of Kajika from Hanasakeru Seishounen, a series I liked for the same reasons. And Livi, though younger, is just man enough to be on par with her and give the romance credibility. Not everything was perfect, but overall it was a very pleasant watch.
I got a bit tired of hearing Tender Rain almost every ep, but the acapella version in the last ep had lots of impact. And Grandma's Farewell Song was one of the highlights of the series.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 00:15   Link #446
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post

The ending pronunce happy ever happy after so loudly.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That final kiss .

I'd like to join the consensus that found this a very satisfying and enjoyable finale to the anime, and one befitting a series that has been quite satisfying and enjoyable to watch week after week .

I'm glad Nike was, at least to some degree, able to reconcile with her grandmother in the finale. The farewell song, as well as Nike's reaction to it, were a highlight of the episode and I found the song to be as beautiful as it was bittersweet. Chisa Yokoyama is definitely quite talented to be able to pull off that song as well as voice Tohara .

It wouldn't feel right to close out the series without "Tender Rain," and Nike's A Capella version was a pleasure to listen to. I kinda prefer it over the normal version .

Well, Bard may have turned the castle into his own personal love nest, but at least it let the two maids, Jaina, and the Elders have a nice time .

All in all, I'd say Soredemo has proven to be both a great and well-done romance series that, while I'm sad to see end, I'm quite happy it was able conclude so satisfyingly. Nike and Livi were a delightful couple to watch, both in terms of their interaction and in how their relationship developed, and I'm very happy with how their romance ultimately ended up. While I have doubts that they'll be any continuation of the story in animated form, I'd definitely welcome an OVA dealing with Nike and Livi's proper wedding .
Old 2014-07-06, 15:06   Link #447
ginger02

That was a very satisfying ending. The manga is still going on though isn't it?

A lovely series, and of course Naiki will probably be my favorite female MC for a while.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 00:52   Link #448
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Just took a sneak look at the next 2 arcs in the manga, which takes place after the anime ending...only want to say: darn, I wish they'd do a second season.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 00:00   Link #449
Miraluka
Banned

I have finally watched the series.

Aw, I love it.

I absolutely love it!

I wish I could buy the discs.

I wish it could have a second season.

I wish I could know if the manga it's not going to take dark turns so I can read it.

I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 07:00   Link #450
Top Sergeant

I re-watched this series over the weekend. I'd forgotten how truly beautifully done and well made this story is. I liked the pacing, the character depictions, the humor, the music, and the animation. The development of the relationship between Nike and Livi was excellently done. This show is on my list of Keepers.
Old 2015-06-22, 16:31   Link #451
LKK

Sentai announced that they have licensed the series. [Source]

Me: "About time."

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 18:19   Link #452
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Sentai announced that they have licensed the series. [Source]

Me: "About time."
Yet more excellent news as far as I am concerned...though still waiting on Gingitsune BDs which they also licensed some time back.

Edit: Just goes to show that I am out of the loop once again. I see they are available on amazon for a decent pricek too. Hmm....

Tags
fantasy, romance, shoujo