AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-26, 23:06   Link #181
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

started watching this. wow, I'm digging it. Pretty interesting premise and a very fun and likeable main character.

"HEY! MY DIAMOND!"

Last edited by blakstealth; 2018-03-26 at 23:33.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 23:14   Link #182
LG-MAX 2.o

it is because of this anime (and some others) that I do not hate CG anime or I have prejudice.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-16, 20:58   Link #183
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I'm five episodes into this show and I've just been captivated by what I've seen so far. Bizarre, engaging, intelligent, and fun, how I wish I found this series sooner. The character interactions are dynamic, entertaining, and believable, the dips into philosophy and self-worth never feel like lectures, and the gimmick to the extent it is one blends seamlessly into each character to where one forgets they're talking about precious rock properties. I know not the worth of phosphorous, but this has been a real gem
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-16, 22:47   Link #184
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
I'm five episodes into this show and I've just been captivated by what I've seen so far. Bizarre, engaging, intelligent, and fun, how I wish I found this series sooner. The character interactions are dynamic, entertaining, and believable, the dips into philosophy and self-worth never feel like lectures.
Houseki no Kuni was easily my favourite TV anime series from last year, topping Made in Abyss, which was also fantastic. The innovative blend of 3D and 2D art, and the highly skilled use of 3D animation — especially in action sequences — made HnK truly groundbreaking, even more so than MiA.

And the story's extensive allusion to Buddhist philosophy and symbols only made it that much more fascinating and insightful. I've since learnt that the mangaka had actually studied at a Buddhist high school, and is genuinely well-informed about the deeper implications of Buddhist thought. That made the anime all the more interesting for me!
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 15:48   Link #185
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Bizarre, enthralling, intelligent, poignant, and fun, I need a 2nd season of this show yesterday

-Gold, heavy and malleable. There's something appropriate about Phos' body becoming such. And in many ways our lead is ahead of everyone else, with the capacity to bend but never break carrying the weight of something they all suspect

-And not just with Adamantine, but needless to say the Lunarians aren't all..."bad"

-It ends right as Phos and Cinnabar are about to team up. It didn't go the way either of them intended, and the bright-eyed idealism is long gone. But after everything that's happened, a rough-edged conclusion such as this is quite appropriate
GANBARIMASU

Last edited by Akito Kinomoto; 2018-05-18 at 16:06.
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-05, 05:49   Link #186
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Spoiler for Episode 8:

Spoiler for Episode 9:

Spoiler for Episode 10:

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Spoiler for Episode 12 & Series Score:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-04, 12:32   Link #187
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've been working on my backlog for the past couple years lately, and this series has really stood out among the rest.

The setting is just fascinating, the characters' interactions feel very natural, Phos is an incredibly engaging and tragic character, and the animation looks beautiful. This is by far the best looking 3D anime I've ever seen, and this type of animation fits the setting perfectly, to the point I wouldn't have had it another way. The studio did a brilliant job. I immediately looked up what they've done since, and sadly, nothing. I can only hope their next work will come out soon, and that it'll be a second season of this!

I should also mention the voice cast was top tier. So many great names here, and the performance of Tomoyo Kurosawa as Phos was marvelous.
Old 2019-02-04, 18:28   Link #188
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I've been working on my backlog for the past couple years lately, and this series has really stood out among the rest.

The setting is just fascinating, the characters' interactions feel very natural, Phos is an incredibly engaging and tragic character, and the animation looks beautiful. This is by far the best looking 3D anime I've ever seen, and this type of animation fits the setting perfectly, to the point I wouldn't have had it another way. The studio did a brilliant job. I immediately looked up what they've done since, and sadly, nothing. I can only hope their next work will come out soon, and that it'll be a second season of this!
One can only pray. Glad to know you enjoyed this. I was also massively impressed by the CG as well. Probably the only anime I've seen where I can definitively say that I prefer it over hand drawn. I feel like other studios just use CG as a cheap stand in for hand drawn animation but Orange know how to bring out the advantages of CG by making use of fluid "camera work" to make you feel involved and immersed. They also pulled no punches on the backgrounds. They were absolutely gorgeous to look at.

And yes, Tomoyo Kurosawa's performance was great as well. I particularly thought she did amazingly well in bringing out the tortured emotions Phos would experience in its adventures.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-04, 19:37   Link #189
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And yes, Tomoyo Kurosawa's performance was great as well. I particularly thought she did amazingly well in bringing out the tortured emotions Phos would experience in its adventures.
I learned she won the award for Best Lead Actress for this role last year. It's completely deserved.

Tags
action, adaptation