AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-03-13, 05:19   Link #16881
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Looks like a pretty advanced Wing Zero Custom modification.
Old 2010-03-13, 07:26   Link #16882
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Mg unicorn or mg unicorn hd? which is better?
Old 2010-03-13, 08:57   Link #16883
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post

What is this? Looks awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
Death Zero?
Zero scythe ?
Scythe wing?
Scythe Zero?
It does look Awesome, But if i were to choose a name for it, i would go with Death Zero. haha

GundamMeisterLockon is brilliant
Old 2010-03-13, 10:33   Link #16884
Zantetsuken

Huff, there goes my dream of owning it
Old 2010-03-13, 11:58   Link #16885
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
Huff, there goes my dream of owning it
Here is a Link for the actual kit. http://www.hobbywave.com/plastic_mod...am_ver_ka.html
Old 2010-03-13, 12:35   Link #16886
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
Mg unicorn or mg unicorn hd? which is better?
from my experience with HD kits, id pass on the HD unicorn if i was you. The plastic they use for the HD kits is very brittle and feels like its gonna break if you put any amount of pressure on it while under construction. Thats just me though, I also think it depends on if you paint or not. The HD kits look pretty good because they dont need painting even though it wont hurt it for some parts on some kits.
Old 2010-03-13, 19:48   Link #16887
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Looks Ver. ka
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 20:13   Link #16888
Dynamite

Um, it actually is a Ver. Ka.

What he did is just inverted the wings.

In other words, what is supposed to be facing out is now attached to its back and visa versa.

So @ the guy who wanted to own it, its not that hard. Just very simple kit-bashing and painting.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 22:33   Link #16889
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah I know its a Ver. Ka. Which, from a series point of view, was called the Wing Gundam Zero Custom. That's what I was referring to, and why I capitalized "Custom". If I wasn't including it in the name, I wouldn't have capitalized the word.
Old 2010-03-13, 22:40   Link #16890
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

any mention of a PG Unicorn yet? i have a feeling it'll blow my mind. i love just looking at them. don't have the patience to put them together any more.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 22:49   Link #16891
Like_Clockwork

need help ASAP!!

well I've been wanting an airbrush system for a while now, I'm thinking of getting an iwata air brush, so what model should I get. I know I'm looking for a gravity fed, dual action, with a large cup. Would the least expensive still be fine for a beginner? and I know that as far as compressors go I could go with a cheap hobby one, which would be small and wouldn't have a air tank, or I can go with a louder general use one with an air tank. Knowing that I checked this one out

http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/...101/p3665.html
or
http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/...2048/p328.html

and it seems like it will do the job? Anyone have any other suggestions?
Like_Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 23:16   Link #16892
Dynamite

Quote:
Yeah I know its a Ver. Ka. Which, from a series point of view, was called the Wing Gundam Zero Custom. That's what I was referring to, and why I capitalized "Custom". If I wasn't including it in the name, I wouldn't have capitalized the word.
Well I really don't want to argue with you, but heres the problem: the Ver. Ka was never in the series.
The one with the mechanized wings from the original anime was called the Wing Zero Gundam. The one from the Endless Walk movie is generally accepted to be called Wing Zero Custom by fans (even though its still the Wing Zero in the series).

Ver. Ka is a line of models. The Ka stands for Katoki, from Hajime Katoki's name.
Old 2010-03-13, 23:20   Link #16893
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's actually the Wing Gundam Ver. Ka. and not the Wing Zero, judging from the wings and the Buster Rifle design. I can see how people would get confused though, seeing that those are about the only differences between the Wing Ver. Ka and the Wing Zero Ver. Ka (aka Custom) besides the color scheme.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 23:33   Link #16894
atlans89
Heretic Inquisitor

Send a message via Yahoo to atlans89
The Wing and the Buster Rifle tell us everything about the different. Beside, no news about the next MG Wing?
atlans89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 23:36   Link #16895
Dynamite

What does "news" stand for?
Its coming out in April. Wait for it? lol.
Old 2010-03-13, 23:59   Link #16896
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I'm of the impression he means news on more Master Grades from the Gundam Wing line, in which case no there aren't any more news on that. Any news on the upcoming MG Wing Gundam TV ver. will have to wait for this month's hobby magazines by the last week of this month.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 07:51   Link #16897
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork View Post
well I've been wanting an airbrush system for a while now, I'm thinking of getting an iwata air brush, so what model should I get. I know I'm looking for a gravity fed, dual action, with a large cup. Would the least expensive still be fine for a beginner? and I know that as far as compressors go I could go with a cheap hobby one, which would be small and wouldn't have a air tank, or I can go with a louder general use one with an air tank. Knowing that I checked this one out

http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/...101/p3665.html
or
http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/...2048/p328.html

and it seems like it will do the job? Anyone have any other suggestions?
When it comes to Airbrushes the question is how much are you willing to spend on one, and how many times are you going to use the airbrush. So if you spend a lot on a airbrush and not use it not so very much, example once every month then i say don't bother spending that much for a airbrush. But you don't want to go cheap either cause then it will just give you a head ache. I use an Iwata Airbrush and i must say they are worth it for the money you spend for one.

If you have your heart set for an Iwata then go for this one. I have this one and its has been a dream to paint with. http://www.iwata-medea.com/index.php/products/hp_cs/

As for a air compressor you don't need that big of a tank, Look around to see about the smaller ones. Trust me you don't want a loud one. The ones you linked will blow the air brush apart, haha. You don't need more then 30 to 35 psi max. Iwata has packages that include compressors with the airbrush.
Old 2010-03-14, 13:50   Link #16898
Like_Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
When it comes to Airbrushes the question is how much are you willing to spend on one, and how many times are you going to use the airbrush. So if you spend a lot on a airbrush and not use it not so very much, example once every month then i say don't bother spending that much for a airbrush. But you don't want to go cheap either cause then it will just give you a head ache. I use an Iwata Airbrush and i must say they are worth it for the money you spend for one.

If you have your heart set for an Iwata then go for this one. I have this one and its has been a dream to paint with. http://www.iwata-medea.com/index.php/products/hp_cs/

As for a air compressor you don't need that big of a tank, Look around to see about the smaller ones. Trust me you don't want a loud one. The ones you linked will blow the air brush apart, haha. You don't need more then 30 to 35 psi max. Iwata has packages that include compressors with the airbrush.
well the thing is that i'm on a budget of $200, and as for the compressors I linked...don't they have the ability to adjust the PSI?? I was also looking at this

http://www.chicagoairbrushsupply.com/iwrewisijetc.html

, I'm just concerned because that compressors looks weak.
Like_Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 15:23   Link #16899
X207
Gamyūsa

i have a question regarding the shiranui akatsuki gundam, im thinking of getting the shiranui akatsuki but im not sure yet if i'll get it. im looking more towards a 100 scale but it seems theres only a 144 shiranui. is it worth the $79 or so to get the combined 100 pack over a 144 shiranui? is there really much a difference in quality between the 100 and the 144? HLJ's price with shipping (sal) is $79 if no extra taxes go on. the hobby shop near my place is selling one for $79 without tax, is it worth paying a few bucks extra to get it in person than hlj? is there seperate grey peices on the edge of the shoulder for the 100 akatsuki? im not that fond to paint directly on the gold plating much less remove it.

Last edited by X207; 2010-03-14 at 15:50.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 15:49   Link #16900
Dynamite

Its just the matter of size. I don't think the quality of a 1/100 NG is any better than that of a 1/144 HG.
My rule of thumb for picking between sizes if asking whether I'm going to pose it or not. If I am, then I go with 1/144. If I'm not, then 1/100. A 1/100 pose on an action base is way too big. In the space I can put five posed 1/144s, I can pose one or two 1/100s at best.

And the HLJ vs. local store thing is simple. Is the extra money worth equal to the time you can wait.
If its 7 bucks for a two weeks of shipping, I think I can wait and save the 7 bucks and buy an SD kit.
But thats just me.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy