AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-15, 07:32   Link #41
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Sword duel scene is a case where some narrative ae needed to make anime audience understand what happened better

Here are pages from novel that explain how did she do it with pure skill
Okay, so she use a parry skill to counter the force of his attack by redirect it toward him or slide off the clash using his momentum. Makes sense. But it only felt like some of the hits were done this way, while others were like a direct clash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
to put it in Chaosium/Call of Cthuluh game system term, Eiyuuou rerolled as a girl while keeping his 100% Sword skill intact. Even if he received a 20-30% penalty due to his infant status, it's still enough to defeat Bully who saw his Magic Gift advantage nullified, and without it, he had 30-40 % in sword mastery top.
That shouldn't guarantee a 5-year old girl would be able to outpower a teenager who has been training. Her aura and skills carried over; her strength did not. Even with the above reasoning, its a bit too much for my tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
seriously if you guys didn't like what you've seen with this first ep, i can tell you this show won't be for you because it's gonna be more of this until the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
People who shouldn't watch this show:

1) People who expect the gender swap to be important. It isn't. In fact you will probably forget there was a gender swap at all in a few episodes. That's how important it is.

2) People who expect Inglis not to be massively overpowered in pretty much every way.

3) People who expect a selfless protagonist. I mean, she's not an asshole but she has her priorities and helping people is not always one of them.

But you know, if don't have these expectations, you may enjoy it. It's fun.
Thanks for the heads up(not sarcasm here); I won't even bother watching the next ep. I'll stick with the other 'princess' anime. I'm out.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-15, 13:56   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
seriously if you guys didn't like what you've seen with this first ep, i can tell you this show won't be for you because it's gonna be more of this until the end.

it was a great first ep and adapted the novel greatly. character design, animation, everything is gorgeous and i hope it'll stay this strong all along
Don't worry. Pretty sure people can decide to drop a show without being told that. But there's no way to tell if a show will be good or not without actually watching an episode or two of it.

I'd recommend if people are not eager to see some criticism of a show to avoid reading comments about it until a few episodes in when those that didn't fall in love with it have probably dropped it already.

Plenty in the episode that could get people to fall for it. On a technical level it's good after all. But plenty that won't necessarily appeal to people and that's just how it goes.
Old 2023-01-15, 14:20   Link #43
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Don't worry. Pretty sure people can decide to drop a show without being told that. But there's no way to tell if a show will be good or not without actually watching an episode or two of it.

I'd recommend if people are not eager to see some criticism of a show to avoid reading comments about it until a few episodes in when those that didn't fall in love with it have probably dropped it already.

Plenty in the episode that could get people to fall for it. On a technical level it's good after all. But plenty that won't necessarily appeal to people and that's just how it goes.
I don’t mind criticism of the show but I have knowledge of the source material and I can tell others that this premise is exactly what they’ll get until the end. No use wasting your time if you have many show to watch (and there is a lot this time around) on show people that know them can tell you that you won’t like
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-16, 05:36   Link #44
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:

1) People who expect the gender swap to be important. It isn't. In fact you will probably forget there was a gender swap at all in a few episodes. That's how important it is.
only when his old man voice speaks

2) People who expect Inglis not to be massively overpowered in pretty much every way.
only if a powerful enemy is in front of her

3) People who expect a selfless protagonist. I mean, she's not an asshole but she has her priorities and helping people is not always one of them.
agree on that
but its gonna be a fun series
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-16, 15:15   Link #45
zeross87

going at a good pace. eris i cutter than i though she would be. i think the combats could have been a little more animated tho, it's a lot of still frame and close up without seeing much weapon colision. i hope they'll up their game for the more important battle later on.
Old 2023-01-16, 15:42   Link #46
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
only when his old man voice speaks
I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen anymore.
Old 2023-01-16, 19:26   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

Damn, rapeman really murdered a guy for not letting him rape.
Old 2023-01-16, 19:43   Link #48
magnuskn

The animation quality in the fights is sadly sub-par, but I am still having a ton of fun with this series.
Old 2023-01-17, 02:35   Link #49
Greenish Growth

I'm finding it fun so far. Yeah, the action scenes didn't look that good did it?

It still feels weird when I see an anime that I read first as a novel. For about 16 years it was about having read the manga first (and a few times from playing the game). But the last couple of years it's been exposure to the novel first 70% of the time and manga first 30%. The web novel anime adaptions so far usually took 5-6 years to get an anime, but this anime adaption took less than four years. I only read it twenty months earlier so this anime feels pretty fresh by comparison.

Reading a web/light novel 5-6 years in the past feels like a lifetime ago.

Last edited by Greenish Growth; 2023-01-17 at 03:17.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-17, 09:50   Link #50
stray
Classic Tsun de rais

Series is somewhat entertaining so far but the MC just feels kinda cardboard beyond being a cute girl battle junkie. Maybe it'll improve once she fills out her party from the OP.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-17, 11:55   Link #51
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Series is somewhat entertaining so far but the MC just feels kinda cardboard beyond being a cute girl battle junkie. Maybe it'll improve once she fills out her party from the OP.
She is physically 2-dimensional, but she is not mentally. The girl told goddess that he had obligation as a king. He wished his new life is for himself, as a bodybuilder. He is pursuing fighting in art form, or road of martial art. Her new life is more or less the reflection of his old life. She dresses pretty to attend nobles' party. She found it unpleasant after she felt guys' lustful gaze showering on her. She remembered how he used to look at beautiful ladies and felt sorry to them. She is not giving up his old dream. So, she seeks every opportunity to test her strength.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-17, 12:27   Link #52
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
She didn't have much opportunity to express herself since she was just a kid and had very little freedom in her actions, so it should get much better now. I am pretty much looking forward to her interacting with her party though. Also, I have a thing for battle-junkie protagonists (mostly because I hate selfless ones), so I really hope the series keeps up it's current quality.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-17, 18:48   Link #53
Strahan

Uhh.. that's a twelve year old? Definitely some sort of magic must be in play there, lol.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-18, 01:37   Link #54
magnuskn

Eh, I remember seeing the like back when I was a teenager myself long ago and living in South America. Some young ladies grow up physically faster than others.
Old 2023-01-18, 13:31   Link #55
alex_drian

The bad guys of the story are basically Tenryuubito.

Btw there is something about the animation that is bothering me. Is not that is average but the best I can describe it is as if the desings are better than the animation itself. Like trying to run 1080p videos with 1 RAM. Something like that.

Quote:

I would say is not forgotten as it is used for gags. The gender swap is not really the focus of the story and more as a vehicle to have an all girl cast and a girl MC. Is not so important but is there and looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The duel was a bit much. I don't care how elite a swordsman this King was. Without using magic powers to bolster physical abilities there's no way that's going to work. And if that's what she was doing not sure why she counted it as a battle of pure skill. Either way, I suppose expecting that battle junkie to wait even more years before handling weapons was a bit much.
Eh, dude. I don't really need narration to tell me she was parriying slashes with pure skill instead of directly clashing.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-24, 04:25   Link #56
Friday
Im shy too...

ep 3

Rahl...that's not hm, too Gorgeous!!!
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-24, 05:08   Link #57
magnuskn

It's always very interesting seeing Inglis putting fighting before the greater good.
Old 2023-01-24, 09:29   Link #58
zeross87

Damn I wish all anime adaptations were of this high of a quality. Cute when it need and good looking when it need. Perfect episode
Old 2023-01-24, 12:29   Link #59
scififan

The floating island resembles the floating city in Battle Angel and Laputa. So, the background is some form of social political struggle. The main story is a girl just want to have fun fighting. The resident from the floating city gives her a new task: to put down the rebellious former knights. There is already some hidden agenda. When encountering a bunch of rogue knights, she is facing a serious looking enemy, or a potential friend.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-24, 12:44   Link #60
Chosen_Hero

Really not a fan of "battle junkie MC who is already the most powerful at everything making their core personality moot by default" type of story, at least have the decency of making the MC someone with great potential but that has to get strong by actual trial and error and actual combat experience that isn't off screened like it doesn't matter... if it even matters at all that they train since they are already the strongest ever.

Seriously, what's the point if from episode one you already know that most enemies won't even be able to hang with them because the MC has already far surpassed them? It's the same reason Seven Deadly Sins turned my off and it's not like Maou Gakuin where the point of the story is just Anos styling on everything and everyone that thinks they can defeat him because they don't believe he is the demon lord.

Also, I just don't feel like the characters will ever be in any real danger or that any fight that happens is actually as difficult for them as the story wants to portray.