Old 2011-11-21, 03:42   Link #461
hyl
reading #hikaributts

hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 07:31   Link #462
kanataX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yup, the fact of the matter is that the anime has created a unique "super-route" that combines a lot of things that were never presented in this way in the game. So even game players aren't really at any sort of advantage in terms of knowing how the anime will go. All it does is help you see the possibilities, but in some ways that's a liability (since the anime writers may be "messing" with the game players to make them think they're heading down paths they really aren't). All the elements are canon, but the blend makes this an anime-original path.
yeh you may be right..........but just hope it doesnt end up like shuffle!...
Old 2011-11-21, 09:22   Link #463
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for preview images episode 8:

edit: i got my pannya plush in the mail today

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-21 at 09:49.
Old 2011-11-21, 11:57   Link #464
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for preview images episode 8:

edit: i got my pannya plush in the mail today
Spoiler for ep.8 preview:

@hyl thank for your answer in another topic. I got it^^

Old 2011-11-21, 14:06   Link #465
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanataX3 View Post
yeh you may be right..........but just hope it doesnt end up like shuffle!...
I don't see the similarities to Shuffle at all. The story in Mashiro-iro is far more constrained at this point. Here it's a misunderstanding and the realistic tendency of friends to assume that two people are dating if they're as close as the two appear to be.

Shuffle on the other hand was presented as a multi-route scenario that kept jumping to different routes. There's just one route though in Mashiro-iro, and it's pretty clear where the story is going.

Thus far, the anime has done a much better job than some other dating sim->anime productions that either ignore or short-change the other girls' routes as a way of keeping the focus on the main route. This approach is more realistic, especially given that if a guy is as close to a girl as Sana and Shingo appear to be here, the rest of the girls are going to assume they're dating and back off. It comes off a lot more naturally than what happens in some other anime of the same genre where the action is more forced.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 23:48   Link #466
kanataX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
I don't see the similarities to Shuffle at all. The story in Mashiro-iro is far more constrained at this point. Here it's a misunderstanding and the realistic tendency of friends to assume that two people are dating if they're as close as the two appear to be.

Shuffle on the other hand was presented as a multi-route scenario that kept jumping to different routes. There's just one route though in Mashiro-iro, and it's pretty clear where the story is going.

Thus far, the anime has done a much better job than some other dating sim->anime productions that either ignore or short-change the other girls' routes as a way of keeping the focus on the main route. This approach is more realistic, especially given that if a guy is as close to a girl as Sana and Shingo appear to be here, the rest of the girls are going to assume they're dating and back off. It comes off a lot more naturally than what happens in some other anime of the same genre where the action is more forced.
yeh true... but since is going smoothly too a route or 2 separate one.... just scared that it would end up too a diff random scenerio....
Old 2011-11-22, 00:25   Link #467
amoirsp

You can never go wrong with more Sana allocation. Looking forward to episode 8. Doesn't seem like route shifting will take place yet, though we best wait and see.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 06:06   Link #468
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The only thing that confuses me is "who among the girls would be The ONE?".

Ok, I just excluded the SISTER.

I'm clueless... No hint!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 15:26   Link #469
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for spoiler episode 8:

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-22 at 15:45.
Old 2011-11-22, 15:44   Link #470
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Iroiro 08 - The Origin of Pannya:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 16:05   Link #471
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 8:

Edit:
Spoiler for Episode 8 more thoughts:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-22 at 17:14.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 20:57   Link #472
Vena
Carpe Diem

I feel like I might be a bit too harsh on this episode, someone tell me if I am as I don't really intend it to sound overly harsh and am aiming more towards constructive criticism on pacing/mood/thematics and such.

Spoiler for After burners... someone turned them on:
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 21:41   Link #473
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

On a more light hearted note, just 30 seconds into the episode I went- "So there are normal cats in this show "

Also, as sweet as Miu is, after watching a few episodes of Dog Whisper, I can say it's not good to not take action when an animal does something inappropriate like biting I wonder if she got herself checked out for rabies often

Hm what? Oh right the show! As an Airi-supporter this episode is making me VERY nervous, but putting aside my personal bias-ness this really was melodrama at it's finest for me, not too heavy but just enough to feel it naturally (if that makes any sense). Sana is a good tsundere, any other show she would definitely be a favorite of mine, but unfortunately the competition in this show is too strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
And again, Sana continues to be, in some respects, similar to a character archetype that's been widely despised throughout the year, but she's not getting that much hatred. I'm not sure how much of it has to do with the show and how much the viewers, but the possibility most certainly does exist.

Simply put, there's just not alot of people watching this show, so the usual haters aren't around

But another reason is that her tsun behavior is very moderate, and her dere side easily covers it up so nothing feels excessive.

EDIT: Oh, you mean man-haters? Well same thing applies, she never really behaved too excessively and is mostly reasonable. Plus her dere side covers it up nicely.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 21:56   Link #474
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Spoiler for Episode 8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Simply put, there's just not alot of people watching this show, so the usual haters aren't around

But another reason is that her tsun behavior is very moderate, and her dere side easily covers it up so nothing feels excessive.
Well think of it this way: People who despise the tsundere archetype largely gave up on this show after the first episode because they rushed to a conclusion about Airi. They figured they had her totally pegged as a stereotypical tsundere, despite the episode's hints to the contrary. As those who stuck around found out, Airi actually wasn't what she seemed, and though she has her issues, she's definitely a likable person. So then the show "re-introduces" Sana, and by this point we in the audience are already on to the show's methods. Although Sana acts like a more typical tsundere in a lot of ways, they really spend so much more emphasizing the process of her falling in love, and developing her character. So as with Airi, we in the audience know that the point is to look past the front, and see the real person and sympathize with their plight. Even if you don't like Sana all that much, it becomes increasingly clear where all this is heading for her. So I think, all in all, there are a lot of reasons why the (more limited) audience here is more likely to give her a chance. I don't think this show is quite as suited to the sort of rash overreactions and character hatred/fanboyism we sometimes see (though, of course, I'm sure we all still have our favourites).
Old 2011-11-22, 22:06   Link #475
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually before the tsundere-thing, I'm certain most of the people who gave up early was because of how it was very VN-adaptation-ish, meaning it's exactly as people thought it would be, I myself had that thought initially as well.

In all honesty when I wrote my Fall expectation, I never thought I would still be following this show after the 3rd-4th episode, and to do so on my own free will without feeling forced
Old 2011-11-22, 22:10   Link #476
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
EDIT: Oh, you mean man-haters? Well same thing applies, she never really behaved too excessively and is mostly reasonable. Plus her dere side covers it up nicely.
Not really "man-haters", I tend to think of them more of the archetype of the girl who's a member of a harem love triangle, except they're in love with one of the heroines and not the lead. It's a bit wordier, sure, and probably also exposes my biases. (Girl-on-girl affection is such a touchy subject around here.)

True, everyone in this show is toned down, but the broader, more comedic examples... in short, I wish Ume could get the kind of respect Sana's getting in here. It would make things so much better.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 22:27   Link #477
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Episode 8:
Spoiler for Allow me to better elaborate:
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 22:31   Link #478
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Not really "man-haters", I tend to think of them more of the archetype of the girl who's a member of a harem love triangle, except they're in love with one of the heroines and not the lead. It's a bit wordier, sure, and probably also exposes my biases. (Girl-on-girl affection is such a touchy subject around here.)
If that's all there is then trust me, if I had a dollar every time someone jumps to a yuri conclusion in any series... =_= Basically, there's no shortage for support >.>

The thing is, the guys here in AS-forums are a very sensitive group, they don't like it when the guy is being beaten up for comedy sake and nothing more

Quote:
True, everyone in this show is toned down, but the broader, more comedic examples... in short, I wish Ume could get the kind of respect Sana's getting in here. It would make things so much better.
Very difficult, Ume doesn't help her case.
Old 2011-11-23, 00:41   Link #479
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
I feel like I might be a bit too harsh on this episode, someone tell me if I am as I don't really intend it to sound overly harsh and am aiming more towards constructive criticism on pacing/mood/thematics and such.

Quote:
Spoiler for Allow me to better elaborate:
Spoiler for spoilers ep 8 and the game:

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-23 at 01:07.
Old 2011-11-23, 01:07   Link #480
amoirsp

I'll try to keep thoughts simple again.

Spoiler:
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen