AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 13:56   Link #121
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Actually, the female titan being Annie is the most plausible theory by far. There were a lot of strong hints to her true identity like when she seemed to recognize Armin, and around the time when Jean was fighting her Armin distracted her by claiming that she killed Eren..... yet he was actually careful to not use Eren's name directly ("that guy who was in a hurry to die", "my best friend", etc.). Of course the titan's superior combat ability is a more vague assumption, but notice how she seemed to excel the most at kicking techniques..... which is what Annie was good at (remember when Eren learned her leg sweep move in that flashback?). So yeah, I'd definitely say that there's some pretty solid evidence that points to the female titan's true identity.....
It's still much more likely to be a new character that hasn't been introduced at least in my opinion. I just think people are trying to force the identity of the female titan on to her because she somewhat fits.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 10:53   Link #122
marvelB

^Oh, I can definitely understand why you'd feel that way for sure, but despite that..... do you still deny the evidence I brought up? Because as I said already, those were pretty strong hints that point towards the potential true identity of Miss Killer Giant....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 12:16   Link #123
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I wonder if that lady titan was crying in pain or at losing Eren? Doesn't look good for Eren either...
I'm pretty sure it has more to do with Rivailee stabbing her in the yes...

I honestly have no clue what's gonna happen next. I can only assume Eren and Mikasa will some how escape and try and make it to that basement.

As for who the female titan is, I'm also banking on Annie, I doubt it's a completely new character, I don't think that would be as shocking.
Old 2012-02-12, 12:35   Link #124
miketyson

How did Annie die, though? I've forgotten, but wasn't she eaten (usually a good guess, lol)?

It seems most readers are thinking it's something like: Eren's dad invented a serum that grants the ability to turn into a giant. He injected Eren with it (for his own protection), then disappeared (and might be -- or be responsible -- for the enormous titan and/or the armored titan).

A possibility that I'm considering is something like: Eren's dad actually invented is some kind of (partial?) immunization vaccine. EG: the giants "eat" by absorbing people's souls (or life energy, or whatever), and spit the bodies back out once they've sucked out the soul (or whatever). Eren's vaccine injection made him "immune" (or mostly immune) to this process, so he was able to hijack the giant's "giant body" for his own use (isn't his giant body pretty much identically-sized to the one he burst out of the first time?).

Annie might've gotten an earlier version of the vaccine (or an alternative, less-advanced variant being developed by some other human faction), so she somewhat "survived" being eaten (and has some trace of her old personality as a giant) but isn't able to turn into a human the way someone like Eren can.

Just some speculation. The writer's been inventive enough before that I would be a bit disappointed to find out the serum is just a "giant-izer" serum and there're some human conspiracies surrounding everything. It does seem like we could see Rivaille, Misaka, and Eren making a stealth run to his house in a few chapters; anyone want to be on the place having already been looted by the time they get there?
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 12:50   Link #125
yuzen003

Didn't Annie join the police force?
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 18:47   Link #126
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
Didn't Annie join the police force?
That might be my bad. Anyone I haven't seen in a few chapters I just assume to be dead.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 09:38   Link #127
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Despite making the thread, I stopped following this for a while, but today I finally caught up.

Spoiler:

And on a more chit-chat level, I can't wait until this gets animated. Still hoping for BONES and, if possible, D Studio that worked in Brotherhood. Kameda (and if possible) Nakamura animating some of these action sequences would be simply godlike...
Old 2012-02-25, 19:40   Link #128
Kuze

BONES is the only studio I would trust with this, and that's only if they wouldn't do the usual routine of color in manga pages and add a little animation, and maybe once in a blue moon put in something original.

You have to look at Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter X Hunter (the old series) to get an idea - filler isn't a bad thing of itself, but it absolutely shouldn't be used to stall the story, or be treated like a Studio Pierrot production.

And no cells. Water colors all the way.

BTW, has anyone read the light novel of SnK that they released last December? It's supposed to be full of details about the world that was before the Titans came, lots of interesting information about.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 05:24   Link #129
siGil

i recently discovered this series and finished all the available chapters in one day. absolutely loved it.

the balance of violence, storyline, human nature and romance is amazing.

i look forward to future releases and the development of characters such as annie... tho mikasa will always be the girl to die for ;D

edit: i dont remember seeing annie being eaten, what chapter?
siGil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 03:09   Link #130
Johnny
Working the bags...

Ch 31 is out and yup Annie be the female giant and is about to go ape shit...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 04:54   Link #131
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Ch 31 is out and yup Annie be the female giant and is about to go ape shit...
Totally forgotten who Annie was...

Can anyone tell me which was the last chapter she appeared in?
Old 2012-03-10, 04:56   Link #132
Aesthetic Shampoo

^ LOL yeah i agree with you. I really enjoyed the chapter, but it would have been a whole lot better if i knew who she was

Actually, the only people in the manga i recognize are armin, eren, and misaka...
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 05:12   Link #133
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Totally forgotten who Annie was...

Can anyone tell me which was the last chapter she appeared in?
I think it was ch 21 when they went their separate ways...
Old 2012-03-10, 09:20   Link #134
yuzen003

It makes sense, she was always able to own Eren in hand to hand combat so it's not surprising the female giant was able to do the same to giant Eren.

I'm interested in the ring. There are a lot of closeups on it so it must be significant in some way, is it a tranformation tool, a device that prevents her transformation in the city, a device that gives her better control of her giant form, or something else entirely?
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 11:12   Link #135
marvelB

.....Heh, and to think that there were people who actually doubted the identity of the female titan, despite the strong evidence we were given. Well, who's laughing now?

The next chapter can't get here soon enough.
Old 2012-03-10, 13:32   Link #136
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

so why is Annie after Eren? Military police orders or something?
Old 2012-03-10, 14:17   Link #137
Key Board
Carbon

She's most likely part of the other faction
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 10:45   Link #138
marvelB

BTW, something else I found interesting was that there's a group of religious fanatics who worshiped the walls as if they were gods. I wonder if those guys will end up brewing some trouble in the near future....?
Old 2012-03-12, 11:06   Link #139
gameboy234

Spoiler for 31:
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 11:25   Link #140
Johnny
Working the bags...

No sunlight for her to transform. Something tells me though that she's different from Eren. Whose to say though with so much still unknown...