AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-24, 09:26   Link #441
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Her hands are made of metal. The only way they are getting warm if she warms them up near a fire.
or it's another way to show he's seconds away from dying and has lost sensation.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 08:18   Link #442
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

This shows exhausts me, but in a good way. It hurts so much week after week that it seriously tires me out. Good lord... Every time I think it won't be a big deal or that the melodrama will be too heavy-handed for me to get into it, I end up crying anyway.
Old 2018-03-25, 10:24   Link #443
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I agree this was a sad episode. However, Violet did show her badass side.
Old 2018-03-25, 16:53   Link #444
Applehell

mfw childhoods don't win even when they are a side character.

So we have our 2nd depressing episode in a row. Worse in the case of Aidan since he could survived had there been a battle medic or had Violet leaned some bullet treatment. A shot to the abdomen isn't necessarily fatal, but it will most certainly become so without quick care which due terrible luck meant his fate was sealed. Poor Violet had pretty much no choice watch some slowly die in front her again, like with Gilbert.

On a lighter note, never let be said that there no place or time Violet literally won't go to deliver a letter.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 20:58   Link #445
Alchemist007
*Author

This show doesn't hit quite that hard to me in the way Sora Yori does since it's episodic and the build up is only in that span of 24m for the most part, so it tends to be hit or miss. I liked the ep at the observatory in particular.
Old 2018-03-26, 10:31   Link #446
Hamster

I stopped watching this in the middle of episode 8 because I can't stop cringing at Violet. Does it get better?
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 10:33   Link #447
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
I stopped watching this in the middle of episode 8 because I can't stop cringing at Violet. Does it get better?
It all depends on what made you cringe. I stopped in the middle also and concentrated on other series. I came back to finish the title. If you can watch topics resolved in 1-2 episodes then go for it. Violet gets badass in the recent episode. Last 2 very sad episodes.
Old 2018-03-27, 21:54   Link #448
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Fuck it. If the show isn't gonna drop it, then this album will! So worth the wait.

Last edited by blakstealth; 2018-03-28 at 00:31.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 01:37   Link #449
rulfo

Damn. The OST is really killing me. Evan Call did a great job. The full version of the insert song in ep 9 doubled its finale worthiness.
Old 2018-03-28, 03:33   Link #450
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Seconding on that. Powerful when it needs to, heart-wrenching when it needs to.
It's almost movie-level.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 20:23   Link #451
Top Sergeant

One thing happened this episode which disappointed me (and its the only thing that has disappointed me in this entire anime). It happened in the scene where Violet confronts the Soldiers who just shot Aidan. The animators employed that over-used, godawful trope of showing a person's arms slanted down and back as they lean forward and run to depict rapid movement. That is such and old and cheesy tool, and I don't think it fits in with the rest of the anime at all. They certainly never did anything like that before when Violet was sprinting or charging in her other battle scenes (and I am sure glad that they didn't!). Kyoto Animation, please edit those 2 seconds out of the blue-ray!
Old 2018-03-29, 06:30   Link #452
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 12 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 08:21   Link #453
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I won't be talking about the criticisms others had regarding the fight on top of the train, as it feels like the first thing the dissidents will latch on to as well as the first symptom of the problems in the source.

Also, "Diethard"? Seriously Netflix?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 08:29   Link #454
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I won't be talking about the criticisms others had regarding the fight on top of the train, as it feels like the first thing the dissidents will latch on to as well as the first symptom of the problems in the source.

Also, "Diethard"? Seriously Netflix?
It's funny cos the credits have "Dietfried".
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 08:38   Link #455
wuhugm
Confused Shark

New episode was so dark
As in I can barely see anything! lol~

But this trope of "Don't want to kill anymore" always making me want to vomit
Kenshin, Gundam Seed Destiny, and this
If it's total peace yea you can say that no matter how many times you want
But this, so many things at stakes, and you still refuse to kill?
Such a selfish asshole
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 10:29   Link #456
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Considering she just had to write a letter for a soldier who basically died in her arms, and then personally deliver it to his grieving family. I think its a little understandable for her to not want the same thing to happen to someone else, because she now knows how it effects more than just the person she'd be killing.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 10:49   Link #457
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't think this episode would be a direct sequel to the last one. It was nowhere near as good. I'm having a hard time figuring out what Dietfried wants from Violet, and he probably doesn't know either. He got pissed off when he thought she was still just a tool who relies on orders, and he got just as pissed off when he realized she's not just a tool anymore. I understand he's angry and blames Violet for his brother's death, but what should she do according to him?

As for Violet refusing to kill, it makes sense given her development and her trauma.
Old 2018-03-29, 10:57   Link #458
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^
^
Then she has no business being there and as they said, she should've gotten off the train
She clearly about to die until Deus Ex Machina bro saved her life

Also, Violet must've spent her lifesavings to charter that plane lol~
It was used since last episode~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 11:04   Link #459
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I don't think he blames her but rather he resents her for surviving whilst his brother did not, especially when he considers her to have little worth. Seeing her alive is likely a constant reminder that his brother is dead, and seeing her (a tool) trying her best to live likely frustrates him further, because it proves he was wrong.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 11:07   Link #460
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I don't think he blames her but rather he resents her for surviving whilst his brother did not, especially when he considers her to have little worth. Seeing her alive is likely a constant reminder that his brother is dead, and seeing her (a tool) trying her best to live likely frustrates him further, because it proves he was wrong.
At some point he said "that's why you couldn't protect my brother!" so he definitely blames her.