AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-06-06, 12:54   Link #61
LevelSeven

ch 64

ok, does nobody like this manga except me?

awesome chapter i must say, i like the relationship of lightning kid and fire punk
and as expected, the beast-man is FAR to strong for them,
aster can be called lucky in some sense, thanks to his anti magic he is the only one who has a chance against this monsters with 100-beasts worth of mana

maybe he will master the dancing-like fighting fight now :O he already showed once that he can master fighting techs really REALLY fast (like the Ki sensing )
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 06:23   Link #62
LevelSeven

ch 65

wow, asters list of weaknesses is logical :O

im in love with this storys way of showing asters abilitys, it has REALLY convenient effects but it also has BIG flaws and the enemys arent brainless idiots who cant see the obvious, basically any enemy that was formidable instantly saw at least one way to counter his anti-magic

and im still not seeing any speech happening and aster will now get saved by the females

this manga deserves more attention, come on guys, lets talk about how awesome this story is
Old 2016-06-10, 07:30   Link #63
The One Above God
Kamijou

^I agree. This series doesn't seem to be much talked about, but it's actually a highly entertaining one.

Also, Yami best guy.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 12:08   Link #64
LevelSeven

^yeah, Yami is really awesome,

but more than that, the dialogues in BC are incredible entertaining, Aster makes a good pair with anyone,

and now he gets saved by females, we all know typical shounen, having female-teammates saving you is one of the rare troupes encountering in such works
Old 2016-06-10, 12:21   Link #65
The One Above God
Kamijou

Not that rare imo but usually ends up with other characters having to save the girls again. Or maybe that's just Naruto .

I sure hope they deal some significant damage to despair guy. It's been stated that Noelle has a huge mana pool so maybe that can play a role here. We also haven't seen Aster absorb new magic with his second sword so maybe we'll see him blindside the baddie with it when hope seems to be lost.

Old 2016-06-10, 12:34   Link #66
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I was thinking he'll absorb Noelle, the idol girl and that other guy magic to excalibur the enemy later. Also probably Yami's magic and everyone in that place if his magic sword have that much range

Then again sometimes the author surprised me with his twist. His twist aren't that much unpredictable but still surprises me sometimes considering how the author tends to put tons of shonen cliche in here(for example Aster getting defeated during dungeon arc after he got his new skills etc), so the outcome might be different for this arc

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 12:43   Link #67
Astell&Kern
Banned

Nice to see a role reversal, for a change.

This manga is growing on me more and more, I must say, considering how much flak it received in its early stages.
Astell&Kern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 13:15   Link #68
tsunade666

it still the same from the beginning till now. Protag is boring and the captains rarely shows up. Yami is awesome and the other caps battle really interest me but when the loudmouthgenericprotagmc shows up? it becomes boring for me. .... too much talk beast guy. just snap his neck or cut his arms so he won't be able to wield it during this battle. Just kill it already.

This is my problem with shounen stuff... its just that... it doesn't entertain me that much anymore. Some character are interesting like the magic king and yami but most are boring general characters. I would even prefer the rival over the protag. at least the rival isn't loudmouth. I would probably stuff nukes on his mouth if he keeps on speaking. The girls falling in love withe the protag are also forceful but the princess is growing on me. But the first initial introduction of her and her crush, together with her cousing and the peasant girl are just plain fan service harem members. Its a good decision to cut off the side character girl. She's just not that important to the plot.
Old 2016-06-10, 13:39   Link #69
LevelSeven

^wow, that was some heavy critic but that still means we have discussions yay

as for your points:

Quote:
it still the same from the beginning till now.
i beg to differ,
we got some small world building alongside powerful antagonists and their big plan,
we have a large cast of chars and the MC is slowly...really slowly getting stronger,
but if you are talking about personality: despite the girls who suddenly fel for the MC everyone is pretty much the same i think (we are only at the 65th chapter so there is time to grow)...
Quote:
Protag is boring and the captains rarely shows up.
i think the MC is entertaining, not a real unique gem but not totally annoying but it is a given that the captains show up only rarely,
they only appear in big boss fights, otherwise aster and co would jump the powerlvl chart way fast
Quote:
Yami is awesome and the other caps battle really interest me but when the loudmouthgenericprotagmc shows up? it becomes boring for me.
to be honest, im a bit tired of the "never give up"-thing adster represents but somehow it doesnt irk me as much as in other storys, maybe it is because aster rarely won a big boss fight on his own, he never gave up but if the powerlvl is to big than it is simply to big,
plus, i loved the fact that beast guy mentioned that "never giving up" can also be a mistake/weakness
Quote:
.... too much talk beast guy. just snap his neck or cut his arms so he won't be able to wield it during this battle. Just kill it already.
unfortunatly something that realistic wont happen, usual superpower-shounen troupe beginner lvl "villians talk while overpowering the MC until something happens that saves him" :/
Quote:
This is my problem with shounen stuff... its just that... it doesn't entertain me that much anymore. Some character are interesting like the magic king and yami but most are boring general characters. I would even prefer the rival over the protag. at least the rival isn't loudmouth. I would probably stuff nukes on his mouth if he keeps on speaking.
cant say i dont understand you, but this time im on the side where somehow the story fits into my taste
Quote:
The girls falling in love withe the protag are also forceful but the princess is growing on me.
thisis something i agree to 100%, the girls can be grateful and maybe water-magic-girl can slowly develop favorable feelings for MC but having 3 girls now in love with him is FAR to much, hell weare only at the 65th chapter,
i will guess: the magician with the singing-spells will fall for aster at the end of this arc too >_<
Quote:
But the first initial introduction of her and her crush, together with her cousing and the peasant girl are just plain fan service harem members. Its a good decision to cut off the side character girl. She's just not that important to the plot.
yeah, the cast of chars is rather big too, maybe at ch200 or 300 a more diverse amount of people canbe introduced but right now the mangaka should focus on MC and co...
Old 2016-06-10, 18:58   Link #70
tsunade666

I'm talking about character and pedsonality wise. They are still the same. When I started reading this and I see the black bull? My first impression is.... Wtf copy paste fairy tail? There is even that walking exhibitionist drown in alcohol. The characters aren't just that interesting which made me bored most of the time.... I even want to smack protag because what happen to ki training? He should be able to read his opponents movement now but it looks like he forgets it and will remember when its time to shine. As for him not always winning but in get end. He put on a good show.

My only praise foe him is nice perseverance in physical training even if its not even related to magic.... He trained and when he received the grimoire. Well look at that, it magically coughauthorsaidsocough fit for him. I'm irritated for unexplained and sudden power ups but I'm fine wiyh the loud mouths pace in strength development but not character. I want to stitch his mouth. Seriously.
Old 2016-06-11, 07:08   Link #71
LG-MAX 2.o

I do not think forced fall girls to Asta, Asta is a strong young man with a very muscular body, women love it, get sexually excited by it, just like we men love a body with curves and great breasts and smooth skin that women have, Asta is just a piece of meat for women, so it's normal.

my problem with the story are the dialogues, the flow of events, and the shallowness of the characters. but I see Black Clover only as a basic entertainment, it is not a manga that I take the series, I prefer even Dragons rioting, but as I am Brazilian and I grew up waiting for hours in the SUS line to have health care, my patience it is large, so that if something helps me pass the time, then fine.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 12:17   Link #72
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
my problem with the story are the dialogues, the flow of events, and the shallowness of the characters.
why the dialogues? imo they are one of the best parts of the story alongside the fightings, and they get a lot better if Yami opens his mouth
Old 2016-06-16, 12:48   Link #73
LevelSeven

ch.66

oh yesh, new chapter,
thanks translators for thehard work, you guys/girls/beings are really good

and now we saw mirror-guy having grown up a bit, he is able to use others instead of doing everything alone
and the transformation-guy turns out to be a cute chick XD and 24 years olf to boot :O
good thing that not every char on the good guys side is a teen

and the wool-girl is becoming really likeable, never understaminate a angry sheep
Old 2016-06-24, 14:42   Link #74
LevelSeven

ch. 67

wow, wow, wow, the beast man is FAR more powerful than thought, he causually one-shotted the siblings despite them having a combination move :O

but now it all comes down to noelle who finally awakened her latent IMMENSE mana pool

if noelle really saves the day this will be AWESOME! i want to see her new magic spell

PS: i think i will chose noelle as best girl for now, she is tsun but still VERY VEEEERY entertaining and to boot, she seems to be able to fight
Old 2016-06-30, 16:31   Link #75
LevelSeven

ch. 68

WOW!!!
a big WOW!!!

noelle really is awesome but it would be to much of a stretch if she defeated a captain-lvl monster on her own, but her magic is certainly powerful, i would really want to see a comparison between the villians monster-mode and noelles water dragon

either way, a really awesome chapter, and aster showed his worth, if it is a magical attack, no matter the strength, it will be destroyed by his swords, mostlikely this will be a combo of noelle attacking from the distance and monster-villian getting all his long-range magic attacks blocked by aster

im really hyped to see what will happen in the next chapter
Old 2016-07-01, 17:09   Link #76
LG-MAX 2.o

chapter would have been sensational / perfect / Epic, etc. If it had done after Noelle attack, only showing machoman dying.

but that end, it was just more of the same,
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-01, 19:55   Link #77
LevelSeven

^i think it is the opposite, beast man IS one of the top fighters in BT introduced so far, noelle actually managing to kill him would be really stupid,

but making him go serious-mode is already proving her strength, nobody else came even close as far as she did...
Old 2016-07-07, 09:14   Link #78
LevelSeven

ch. 69

hehe, i like how not a single asspull is used until now, this is some good writing,

the MCs weaknesses are all known therefore he gets protected by mages while avoid beast-villian and attacking thanks to spatial magic

as much as anti-magic is a cheat, his disadvantages are also known, it is a really good win against low-lvl magicians but high lvl ones will have a easy time,

i think the author is aiming towards a combo with noelle as long-range attacker and defender while aster comes closer under noelles protection and defeats the enemys with his cheat

really good chapter, lets see if they will be able to stop beast man >_<
Old 2016-07-13, 12:43   Link #79
LevelSeven

ch.70

if anything this chapter showed than that the mangaka of black clover DOESNT use as*pulls in order to defeat a seemingly invincible enemy

aster got healed by music-girl so he isnt staying with main character determination,
he moves fast because he is pulled by strings which means he didnt get any power up,
and the powerlvl balance is still working because aster may be a cheat but the others arent,
instead spatial magic was used for instant dodging

plus, it got revealed that spatial magic cant be used to attack, but it is some really good support magic,

either way, it has been a while where i saw a legit shounen teamwork fight, of course excluding World Trigger (no story comes close to them in that stuff ), but it was some badass fight,
exspecially the inabilty of beast-guy to heal himself made it possible to win,
his cheek couldnt be healed and now a freaking sword went through his whole body :O

i hope that the beast-guy and co manage to flee, it will surely be some awesome battle if beast guy will fight a powered up aster in the future
Old 2016-07-15, 23:23   Link #80
The One Above God
Kamijou

Was Aster using the Anti-magic sword or the Magic Eating sword? It kinda looked like the Magic eating sword, but Beast guy referred to it as the Anto-magic sword.

Tags
anti-magic, shonen, yami is the mc