5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 2.47%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-13, 14:06   Link #361
Diedrupo

Once thing I noticed is that Lelouch didn't wear his Zero outfit for this battle. Does that mean that he has an entire squad (the Zero Division) that knows his true identity? That would include those two grunts we saw that had dialogue.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 14:09   Link #362
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Yeah, I wonder why he didn't switch uniforms before he went into combat mode. He has the suit installed in his mech as well. I guess he is giong to battle as Lelouch and not Zero. *indicating his demise?
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 14:12   Link #363
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Once thing I noticed is that Lelouch didn't wear his Zero outfit for this battle. Does that mean that he has an entire squad (the Zero Division) that knows his true identity? That would include those two grunts we saw that had dialogue.
No they don't know, that's why during the attack he is using "voice only" and not video when he is talking with them. Only Jeremiah and rolo know.
Daniani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 14:25   Link #364
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

yah he wore his school uniform to fool VV into thinking he was still at Ashford on the video feed. and since Lulu was really out for blood he didn't bother to change when the shooting started.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 14:49   Link #365
Midonin
Last Engage

The end of the episode and the preview proved right the suspicions I had ever since I found out about the change in theme song and the visuals that came with it. Things are going from intense to weird.

Yet I'm only more excited for the next few weeks.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 14:51   Link #366
Kristen
*Author

Definately a 10 episode.

Reminded me a lot of Shana, I think it was like 21? It was a great episode that kept my mouth gaping the entire time.

One thing, though, is that Lulu is really quite a bitch. Sorry, I said it. He's completely insane, and has no consideration at all for others. He just orders deaths without thinking, and I think that if the series makes it be a happy ending for him, it's going to give the impression of so many wrong things.

I WANT a bad ending now, I really do. Haven't felt this way since School Days

Also, I got the impression that C.C. was rethinking her lifestyle with Lulu.

AND WHAT IS C.C.'s WISH! UGUU~
Old 2008-07-13, 14:53   Link #367
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
given that next ep seems to be a lulu in wonderland kind of thing that would deal with c.c's past
i could see how they can combine that with kallen flashbacks as well

p.s
if suzaku does end up injecting kallen with the same drug that turned her mother in to a sock puppet then he has officialy kicked rolo of his position as my MHC (most hated character)
Old 2008-07-13, 15:03   Link #368
Mr.Mo

I just watched it. Great episode .

Those kids were damn dangerous >.<. I liked that one kid's geass though. It seems the kids were all geass users and the adults were researchers. I guess that's a reason enough to killed them for Zero.

And Lulu might have been harsh at the situation.. He left all logic behind and tried to make it up for Shirley. This is like what.. the 3rd time? Once with Euphie, 2nd with Nunally and now with Shirley. W/e he is still my fave character for a lot of other reasons.

Also, I think what C.C was going to say is that:

"This is certainly Lelouch's and my ... [atonement]."

because before that she said "Forgive me, abandoning you was my sin." and then said she'll put an end to the Geass linage. And i remember her saying that Geass makes people miserable before so... yeah. of course, it can also be "wish" instead.
Mr.Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 15:09   Link #369
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Definately a 10 episode.

Reminded me a lot of Shana, I think it was like 21? It was a great episode that kept my mouth gaping the entire time.

One thing, though, is that Lulu is really quite a bitch. Sorry, I said it. He's completely insane, and has no consideration at all for others. He just orders deaths without thinking, and I think that if the series makes it be a happy ending for him, it's going to give the impression of so many wrong things.

I WANT a bad ending now, I really do. Haven't felt this way since School Days

Also, I got the impression that C.C. was rethinking her lifestyle with Lulu.

AND WHAT IS C.C.'s WISH! UGUU~
C.C is definitly starting to rethink Lelouch, I feel that he unintentionaly perhaps, completely betrayed the trust she had in him.
I honestly will not be surprised if Lelouch does a Mao and imprisones her when she inevitably starts to rebel/question him.
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 15:09   Link #370
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Ok, so we haven't actually SEEN Suzaku inject Refrain into Kallen, but if he does, he's pretty far gone in his own way (definitely further than I had thought), making it that much harder for redemption by the end of this series. That said, if I was in his shoes, I'd have no problems with using drugs to interrogate my enemy, so I guess I can't give him too many black marks for his actions. But, he's lost one of the main points to his refusal to work with Lulu; the moral high ground. I suspect he's going to have a mental breakdown moment ahead when he realizes how he's become exactly what he hated.

Though Kallen remains as nothing but ass-candy (if she was really an ace pilot, and not just a plot device to make pubescent males swoon with fap-fapness, she should at least be able to put up a fight physically rather than cringe like ass-candy in distress), I'll still feel bad if she has to live with the knowledge that she "betrayed" Lulu (though objectively, Suzaku already knows Lulu is Zero; it is just his own twisted sense of rightness that requires absolute proof leading him to take these actions).

V.V. interests me. As Charle's brother, is he not that old himself? Meaning he gained his immortality recently compared to C.C.? Or is Charles/V.V.'s parents themselves immortal and V.V. has been around forever like C.C.?

V.V. also seemed to infer an intense dislike of Marianne (assuming some of his cryptic heated comments about "her" were about Marianne and not C.C...and unfortunately it wasn't very clear), but with all the mystery behind the actual events on the day Marianne was "killed" plus C.C. herself having conversations to the air with Marianne, it makes me more and more think of her as being an invisible antagonist who's going to blow Lulu's little mind when she finally reappears.

I doubt Cornelia is going to join the Order. She's going to probably be gunning for the Emperor as well, but on her terms. Any alliance between her and Lulu will be very fragile. One thing that did surprise me was her seeming to blame V.V. for Euphie's Geassed actions. So, in the world of anime, I suppose it is slightly possible that she has no clue that Lulu/Zero was responsible and in a twisted way maybe I'll be wrong and she really will truely ally herself with Lulu. In fact, maybe this works out better as at some point we're going to have a moment where everyone learns who Lulu really is and it'll be a tipping point for everyone involved with him. So, the more who are "tricked" into working with him due to not knowing the truth about him, the better for such a scenario plot-wise.

And, so Rolo killed Shirley. I was actually surprised that they made it so clear cut and that he actually came right out and admitted it. The tidbit on how Rolo's heart stops when he uses his Geass; are we seeing foreshadowing on how Rolo will end up dying? I can just see it: Rolo using his Geass to save Lulu, then collapsing in a heart attack and Lulu with his Zero laugh/smile looking down on him while Rolo stretches a hand out for help. Haha...erm yea.

Lastly, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but with only a handful of episodes left, the whole taking over China thing looks increasingly irrelevant to me, which is sort of how I feel about this season in that it doesn't seem like much has been done and making me wonder if they even intend this to end this season or are planning a #3.

Oh, for real lastly this time, with V.V. was calling Lulu by name/Marianne's son. Everyone involved in the fight should know the truth now. But, since there weren't any reactions from his fodder-troops, I suppose I'll just assume this is an anime and communication via mecha is never a very logical process and that magically none of his troops heard V.V.'s rantings; they were for the non-fodder characters to hear only (Rolo/Lulu/etc).
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 15:20   Link #371
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
V.V. interests me. As Charle's brother, is he not that old himself? Meaning he gained his immortality recently compared to C.C.? Or is Charles/V.V.'s parents themselves immortal and V.V. has been around forever like C.C.?
As mentioned a billion times here, VV and Charles are Twin brothers. (see the official code geass site if you want some proofs).
Daniani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 15:26   Link #372
Kusaja

Great episode, but lacked the emotional punch of last week's, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
But, he's lost one of the main points to his refusal to work with Lulu; the moral high ground. I suspect he's going to have a mental breakdown moment ahead when he realizes how he's become exactly what he hated
That would be interesting, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Though Kallen remains as nothing but ass-candy (if she was really an ace pilot, and not just a plot device to make pubescent males swoon with fap-fapness, she should at least be able to put up a fight physically rather than cringe like ass-candy in distress), I'll still feel bad if she has to live with the knowledge that she "betrayed" Lulu (though objectively, Suzaku already knows Lulu is Zero; it is just his own twisted sense of rightness that requires absolute proof leading him to take these actions).
Semi-gratuitous jabs aside (there's plenty of reasons for her to cringe, whether you like her or not, on principle alone even)...that also depends on whether the threat alone is enough to get her to reveal the truth about Lelouch.

Quote:
We don't know, but next episode should provide answers, if we are lucky.

Quote:
V.V. also seemed to infer an intense dislike of Marianne (assuming some of his cryptic heated comments about "her" were about Marianne and not C.C...and unfortunately it wasn't very clear), but with all the mystery behind the actual events on the day Marianne was "killed" plus C.C. herself having conversations to the air with Marianne, it makes me more and more think of her as being an invisible antagonist who's going to blow Lulu's little mind when she finally reappears.
And possibly the viewer's, if spoilers are avoided...but who does that these days? Few people.

Quote:
I doubt Cornelia is going to join the Order. She's going to probably be gunning for the Emperor as well, but on her terms. Any alliance between her and Lulu will be very fragile. One thing that did surprise me was her seeming to blame V.V. for Euphie's Geassed actions. So, in the world of anime, I suppose it is slightly possible that she has no clue that Lulu/Zero was responsible and in a twisted way maybe I'll be wrong and she really will truely ally herself with Lulu. In fact, maybe this works out better as at some point we're going to have a moment where everyone learns who Lulu really is and it'll be a tipping point for everyone involved with him. So, the more who are "tricked" into working with him due to not knowing the truth about him, the better for such a scenario plot-wise.
Not joining seems more natural to me, but still...we don't know what she actually knows about Geass, other than its involvement in Euphie's death. Someone had to tell her, and apparently it wasn't V.V.

Quote:
And, so Rolo killed Shirley. I was actually surprised that they made it so clear cut and that he actually came right out and admitted it. The tidbit on how Rolo's heart stops when he uses his Geass; are we seeing foreshadowing on how Rolo will end up dying? I can just see it: Rolo using his Geass to save Lulu, then collapsing in a heart attack and Lulu with his Zero laugh/smile looking down on him while Rolo stretches a hand out for help. Haha...erm yea.
I can't say I'm against that thought...but then again, he was just too happy while breaking the news to Lelouch, wasn't he?

Quote:
Lastly, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but with only a handful of episodes left, the whole taking over China thing looks increasingly irrelevant to me, which is sort of how I feel about this season in that it doesn't seem like much has been done and making me wonder if they even intend this to end this season or are planning a #3.
I'd tend to agree on the China thing, but not on the rest. At least not yet. Plus...the official word is no third season. Things could change, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Quote:
Oh, for real lastly this time, with V.V. was calling Lulu by name/Marianne's son. Everyone involved in the fight should know the truth now. But, since there weren't any reactions from his fodder-troops, I suppose I'll just assume this is an anime and communication via mecha is never a very logical process and that magically none of his troops heard V.V.'s rantings; they were for the non-fodder characters to hear only (Rolo/Lulu/etc).
Yes, this kind of thing does happen in many shows...you're not really sure when such communications are public and when they are not, etc.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 15:38   Link #373
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Possibly the biggest cliffhanger yet, can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2008-07-13, 15:47   Link #374
RedWing

Woah a pretty decent Geass episode.

I don't think that Lelouche's massacre was at the level of sin that others are trying to put it. Although killing women and children is pretty sadistic, it was with good reason and not blinded by the death of Shirley. These people were scientists working with V.V to make/do evil stuff, so assuming some of them got away with secret/essential information, (like some tried to do) the entire purpose of destroying the cult would have been for nothing.

However Suzaku is turning into a true Britannian with a new attitude that the end justifies the means. This is quite hypocritical considering the self-righteous speeches he gave before. Instead of him changing Britannia, Britannia is changing him.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 16:05   Link #375
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Predictably, Rolo was indeed the murderer, and Lelouch lost it.

Too bad about Suzaku. Things were looking up, and Shirley had to die. Considering the method, and the possible motive Lelouch does look like a suspect... Though I have to wonder how "shot in the stomach" translates to "suicide", for Britanian MEs.

VV lied to Charles about something once. My guess about the first time: he actually liked Marianne, and that's why VV had her killed.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 16:12   Link #376
orangejuicetang

For some reason, I knew Rolo wouldn't die this episode, even though I wanted him to. It's still too soon. And what was up with the preview? Is the extended preview also only one scene?
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 16:14   Link #377
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Yes, it is. That can only mean that it's either riddled with spoilerific flashbacks or they're just pulling a fast one on us.
Old 2008-07-13, 16:18   Link #378
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

I wonder what old Charlie's really like. We've only really seen him in Emperor mode before (including the end of the episode when he was yelling at Lulu)....but when he was talking to VV he seemed quite kindly, even when he remarked that VV had been lying. Maybe he just uses tough love on his kids...
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 16:20   Link #379
Takuto19
Yarrrr

I haven't watched the first season of Code Geass for over a year, is the Refrain Suzaku is going to use on Kallen the stuff that forces you to tell the truth? I'm sure i heard of it somewhere in the first season but I'm not entirely sure.
Old 2008-07-13, 16:21   Link #380
orangejuicetang

No, it forces you to remember your fondest memories.
Watch the next episode just be that one clip with them talking. Just 20 minutes of one picture and talking. The Sunrise building would be destroyed.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote