AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-04, 23:33   Link #61
Nagumo
Random Translator

It was pointed out to me by denizens of 4chan (yes, you can start screaming, but for once they're making sense) of a strange contradiction in my translation.

It's in regards to 'where the hell is Fate living?'.

The first cd makes it seem pretty obvious that Fate is living with Nanoha and Vivio. Granted there's a very slim possibility that I translated the track wrong, and that Fate is returning to her apartment with Vivio asking if Fate would like come to her house.

Personally, I don't believe that possibility. It's seems pretty obvious that Fate is coming home to where Nanoha and Vivio are.

I promptly forget about it because I found the entire cd drama really boring and nothing about the details really stuck to my mind.

After a month, I went off to translate the second cd where it makes a very strong assertion that Fate lives in an apartment separate from Nanoha and Vivio. Which I noted earlier didn't really make a lot of sense but it's clear that Vivio and Nanoha aren't living in that particular location.

There were a variety of options;

1: She's at Lindy's
2: She's at her own personal apartment.

I noted that those two options were bizarre and quite frankly the track is vague.

So I've come to the conclusion of a third option.

The place Fate is at, is a fully furnished apartment that Caro and Erio have rented for the duration of their stay in Midchilda. Thus, Fate and Arf are actually at Caro and Erio's apartment and live elsewhere.

It makes a hell of a lot more sense than having Fate divide her time living in two separate locations.
Old 2010-01-05, 09:52   Link #62
Konagami_03

Send a message via MSN to Konagami_03 Send a message via Yahoo to Konagami_03
@Nagumo: I think your third option makes a lot more sense. Since it is assumed that Erio and Caro is living together, and the house they have is also considered Fate's house (I think I've heard it before or was I imagining things?)

Or Maybe it could be Fate's rest house of some sort? XD

Thank you always for translating the sound stages!
Old 2010-01-05, 10:34   Link #63
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
The place Fate is at, is a fully furnished apartment that Caro and Erio have rented for the duration of their stay in Midchilda. Thus, Fate and Arf are actually at Caro and Erio's apartment and live elsewhere.
Though it sounds like a good idea, it's regretably contradicted by Side-F track 5. Arf says to Erio and Caro, "We’ll meet up at Fate’s room later, okay?"

Meaning the place E&C meet Fate later is where Fate is currently staying and it isn't Nanoha's house.
Also, the way Fate talks to Erio and Caro is as if they hadn't met in a while. That would be unlikely if she's holed up at their place for the duration.
So, sadly, we need another explaination.
Old 2010-01-05, 12:58   Link #64
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Maybe it's just 7Arcs being deliberately vague again by feeding the rabid shippers intentionally contradictory information?

(Well, either that or Erio and Caro have a permanent residence on Mid and Fate has a room there 'cause, y'know, they're kids and she's their mom, so at least once in a while they might act like they're a vaguely normal family. Seriously, the only analogy for that family that even vaguely works for me is that the kids are like ones who attend boarding school...where they arrest poachers and other criminals who routinely try to kill them...)
Old 2010-01-05, 13:29   Link #65
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Maybe it's just 7Arcs being deliberately vague again by feeding the rabid shippers intentionally contradictory information?

(Well, either that or Erio and Caro have a permanent residence on Mid and Fate has a room there 'cause, y'know, they're kids and she's their mom, so at least once in a while they might act like they're a vaguely normal family. Seriously, the only analogy for that family that even vaguely works for me is that the kids are like ones who attend boarding school...where they arrest poachers and other criminals who routinely try to kill them...)
My money's on this. Seven Arcs is laughing all the way to the bank again.

My question regarding the possibility of Erio and Caro having their own place is thus: ignoring why they might let two 14 year olds of mixed gender live on their own, why would they need their own place? They're Fate's kids, so if Fate is living with Nanoha, why wouldn't Erio and Caro stay there too? I mean, they would all be family, right? Just like how those two crashed at Subaru's place in SSX, I don't see why they wouldn't crash at Nanoha's if Fate was also living there.
Old 2010-01-05, 14:59   Link #66
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
A thought came to me at work that Fate's apartment is where she really lives but Fate spends enough time at Nanoha's house that Nanoha has a guest room specifically for Fate to stay in.

Actually, it isn't that uncommon for someone to have a house/apartment of their own and spend a lot of time at someone else's house. My own mother, for example, has a house that she lives in with my younger brother, but she spends a lot of time out of town at a friend's house. So much so that she has her own room there, even though she doesn't live there.

So, I think of it like that then.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-01-05, 15:54   Link #67
Nagumo
Random Translator

In any case, I find the damn thing annoying.

If I hadn't translated Nanoha side cd first, we would be assuming that Fate lived in an apartment by herself and then getting confused as to why tracks insist that Fate actually lives at Nanoha's house.

Really, if you just listened to just one of cd rather than the other you would come to completely different conclusions.

Nanoha side = Fate lives with them.
Fate side = Fate lives in an apartment.
Old 2010-01-05, 16:13   Link #68
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

It could be both, I guess. Like Nanya was saying, Fate has her own place, but sometimes she stays with Nanoha and Vivio. When you take a break from work, would you rather go to an empty apartment or a place where people you care about are?
Old 2010-01-05, 19:06   Link #69
Konagami_03

So Let's see, here's my own bet here.

This is.. 4 years after StrikerS right? Since I saw the "The MOVIE 1st CM" and it said that Nanoha and Fate's ages are 23. Since they were 19 in StrikerS this is 4 years after. And Since, 4 years after StrikerS is ViVid Timeline, let's consider that alright?

If Erio and Caro are 14 in StrikerS, they would be 18 in This Drama CD and in ViVid right? So there's a reason for the two of them to live together. They have the right, and they can have the right because they are already adults. They were 10 in Strikers, my Apologies, thanks to 00-Raiser for the correction.

So My Speculation is this, Fate still has a house. Because it's the logical thing to do, without having married to (er.. umm *cough*Nanoha*cough*), it'll be normal to have a house. Let's just say she doesn't use it, but drops by from time to time to clean it. Or she can also use this house when Erio and Caro are going to stay with her while she's on vacation and the two are on vacation too. Right? XD

Erio and Caro stays in the Agricultural Development Section right? So we can also say that they stay there, explains why Fate haven't seen them lately.

Arf, is actually living with Chrono, Amy and Lindy because she's taking care of Chrono and Amy's Twins (I think this was in the Sound Stages XD). So Explains why Fate hasn't seen Arf around.

For now, Fate actually lives in Nanoha's house. Why? Because she has been considered part of "The Takamachi Family" and explanation to why she's rarely home is well, she's an Enforcer. And Vivio had already said, "I didn't know when, but I started to consider Fate-mama as my Mama, too" Or something like that. if It is like that, Fate being Fate, if she knew Vivio considers her as her Mother too, she wouldn't leave her alone, would she? ^^

Did I make some sense? Or did I just spout nonsense? I apologize. T.T

Last edited by Konagami_03; 2010-01-05 at 19:55.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:15   Link #70
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konagami_03 View Post
If Erio and Caro are 14 in StrikerS
Erio and Caro were 10 in StrikerS.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:54   Link #71
Konagami_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Erio and Caro were 10 in StrikerS.
Oh I see, I forgot. >_<! Thank you. Well even if they are 14 year old, if they work for the Agricultural Department, it's still the same explanation. XD
Old 2010-01-05, 20:04   Link #72
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
And can't the gender thing be ignored because they are, in a round about short of way, adopted siblings?
Old 2010-01-05, 20:09   Link #73
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Not really, due to lack of Westermarck effect. On several occasions Erio's shown an attraction to Caro, so leaving those two together would probably result in something happening. Besides, it's kinda iffy since Caro considers Fate an older sister figure, not a mother figure, and Erio was undecided.
Old 2010-01-05, 20:14   Link #74
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Not really, due to lack of Westermarck effect. On several occasions Erio's shown an attraction to Caro, so leaving those two together would probably result in something happening. Besides, it's kinda iffy since Caro considers Fate an older sister figure, not a mother figure, and Erio was undecided.
I mean from a legal standpoint, they have the same legal guardian (Lindy actually not Fate iirc).
Old 2010-01-05, 20:16   Link #75
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
I mean from a legal standpoint, they have the same legal guardian (Lindy actually not Fate iirc).
If I'm not mistaken, Lindy is Caro's guardian and Fate is Erio's guardian.

The reason that Erio doesn't consider Fate a mother, even though she is Erio's legal mother is because Caro would be Erio's aunt.

Old 2010-01-05, 20:18   Link #76
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Lindy is Caro's guardian and Fate is Erio's guardian.

The reason that Erio doesn't consider Fate a mother, even though she is Erio's legal mother is because Caro would be Erio's aunt.
It's reversed, Nanya. Lindy is technically Erio's guardian, Fate is Caro's.
Old 2010-01-05, 20:26   Link #77
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
It's reversed, Nanya. Lindy is technically Erio's guardian, Fate is Caro's.
You sure?

There's a 4Koma that points out that Caro is technically Erio's aunt through adoption and stuff.

Caro ends up all sad and depressed and Erio's all confused how to deal with this.

Old 2010-01-05, 20:34   Link #78
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
You sure?

There's a 4Koma that points out that Caro is technically Erio's aunt through adoption and stuff.

Caro ends up all sad and depressed and Erio's all confused how to deal with this.
http://www.onemanga.com/Magical_Girl...StrikerS/3/14/

Fate "adopted" erio but Lindy's his legal guardian.
Old 2010-01-05, 20:36   Link #79
Konagami_03

Quote:
You sure?

Yup, it is actually stated in StrikerS that Fate couldn't adopt Erio at that time because she was too young. So She became registered as Erio's Guardian, and Lindy being Erio's Adoptive Parent.

Quote:
And can't the gender thing be ignored because they are, in a round about short of way, adopted siblings?
About the Gender thing, still in the same bracket, Erio and Caro would be together and far from Fate, but okay, they might not be living 'together' but they may live in the same neighborhood.

But now that I think about Caro doesn't really care about genders much. XDD
Old 2010-01-05, 20:37   Link #80
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
http://www.onemanga.com/Magical_Girl...StrikerS/3/14/

Fate "adopted" erio but Lindy's his legal guardian.
Ah. So I was wrong there. My bad.

Just reverse what I said about Erio and Caro there then.

Closed Thread