Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-29, 04:38   Link #341
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
I have almost skipped LN because of that

Well, but instead a nice place on rear, she basically got a position of commander of commandos, which are sent to the most dangerous missions. As safe job as being a paratrooper's leaders in Market Garden or land ASAP after first wave in Normandy. She basically have to be a Patton whether she likes is or not, and instead of Patton she doesn't.

It would be a case, if she wasn't a walking/flying mini-nuke. Top German fighter or tank aces from WWII were getting promotions, and still they had to fight pretty often, if I'm correct.
After you get to a certain rank,it would be inappropriate to fight,as doing so would affect your ability to direct your subordinates.

I was always under the impression that Tanya was based on the Red Baron. Anyway,if Tanya continues to survive,she will probably become a big shot like Goering.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 04:54   Link #342
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
After you get to a certain rank,it would be inappropriate to fight,as doing so would affect your ability to direct your subordinates.

I was always under the impression that Tanya was based on the Red Baron. Anyway,if Tanya continues to survive,she will probably become a big shot like Goering.
Goering wasn't capable to personally incinerate a formation of B-17 daily, so this comparison do not make a point.
Old 2017-01-29, 05:01   Link #343
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Unless she gets hit with the "if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted" conundrum.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 05:11   Link #344
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Goering wasn't capable to personally incinerate a formation of B-17 daily, so this comparison do not make a point.
Goering took over the Flying Circus that the Red Baron built up and gained renown because of it.He was an ace pilot during WWI.He used his fame accumulated during WWI to become a big shot post war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Unless she gets hit with the "if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted" conundrum.
There's only so much an individual soldier can do.A competent commander however can change the whole outcome of a war.It's why the big shots placed Tanya in command of a battalion instead of making her a glorified soldier like Hitler.
Old 2017-01-29, 05:37   Link #345
Botan_TM

Quote:
Goering took over the Flying Circus that the Red Baron built up and gained renown because of it.He was an ace pilot during WWI.He used his fame accumulated during WWI to become a big shot post war.
And what this have to do with our discussions? I don't see a connection. We are not talking about what future Tanya can have when she is 50 years old and not as capable as young mage, war is now and here.
Old 2017-01-29, 05:46   Link #346
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
And what this have to do with our discussions? I don't see a connection. We are not talking about what future Tanya can have when she is 50 years old and not as capable as young mage, war is now and here.
Point is that there's no gain without pain.If Tanya's stuck in the back at relatively low rank,it's rather unlikely she will ever rise to high rank given there's loads of officers who would prove themselves as capable commanders out in the battlefield.In the military,experienced officers always have precedence over pencil pushers.As for the fear of dying,I don't think Being X will ever let Tanya die--I think his goal was always to screw with Tanya the same way Greek gods does but stop short of actually killing her.

Another thing is that as a relatively high ranked officer,Tanya can leave some of the most dangerous work to her subordinates.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2017-01-29 at 06:02.
Old 2017-01-30, 19:13   Link #347
James Rye

Tanya's really well-liked, tons of fanart already out there. Some pieces are really good too. Also there is this gem here:
Spoiler for Damn you, Being X!:

That nutcracker! And those training wheels! XD
Old 2017-01-31, 04:42   Link #348
EroKing

NSFW
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 14:09.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 05:55   Link #349
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
NSFW
Nyantype
Lovely my angel Visha-tan.
Old 2017-01-31, 22:37   Link #350
human6861

Quote:
Point is that there's no gain without pain.If Tanya's stuck in the back at relatively low rank,it's rather unlikely she will ever rise to high rank given there's loads of officers who would prove themselves as capable commanders out in the battlefield.In the military,experienced officers always have precedence over pencil pushers.As for the fear of dying,I don't think Being X will ever let Tanya die--I think his goal was always to screw with Tanya the same way Greek gods does but stop short of actually killing her.

Another thing is that as a relatively high ranked officer,Tanya can leave some of the most dangerous work to her subordinates.
Same way Greek gods does ? Now it sound scary to me
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 01:58   Link #351
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
NSFW
Nyantype
I'm going to be angry if they dare to use the gag of boobs size jealousy here
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 04:55   Link #352
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I'm going to be angry if they dare to use the gag of boobs size jealousy here
i think they already did it in one of the specials. They haven't been translated yet, so I'm not 100% sure, but it seemed like it.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 08:49   Link #353
John117xCortana

You guys do remember that Tanya is a 'man' right?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 09:10   Link #354
James Rye

I don't see her as a man just because she was a man in her past and has her memories from that life. She's born a girl with the mind and experience of an adult, that's pretty much it.
Old 2017-02-01, 10:26   Link #355
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
You guys do remember that Tanya is a 'man' right?
If I got reincarnated as a girl, I'd want big boobs too.

On another note, I wonder if the series is ever going to address how Tanya is handling the sex change, since it's not like it's something she wished for. Does she think her new gender is inconvenient or convenient, or does she plain not care about it? Is she afraid of what's awaiting her with puberty?
Old 2017-02-01, 11:39   Link #356
James Rye

From what I saw in the manga she condemns her weak build though that is more due her still being a child rather than being female. What she does like though is that female mages are treat differently than male ones due the history of female mages/soldiers usually being from noble families so they are allowed to sleep in houses/real beds whereas the male mages got to sleep outside in trenches. Otherwise Tanya doesn't seem to think much about the sex change nor about her first period in the future which surely will make her cranky as all hell.
Old 2017-02-02, 14:53   Link #357
kari-no-sugata II

Full preview for EP5:

Youjo Shenki EP4:
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 03:57   Link #358
Arc Unin

How fast the anime is. It seems that 203rd mage wing and Dacia are both in episode 5.
Arc Unin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 05:28   Link #359
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Unin View Post
How fast the anime is. It seems that 203rd mage wing and Dacia are both in episode 5.
The completion of the wing prior to the completion of vol 1, but the formation could be stretched a bit (due to the nature of what occurs).
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 08:28   Link #360
James Rye

Spoiler for Ep5 spoiler:

Tags
reincarnation, tactics