Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-07-27, 12:23   Link #9181
Meltyred

Haha, the rabbit was...
Well you guys can see it for yourself.
All in all, the match was disgusting.
Though Ichiya proved to be not as weak as in the fight against the dark guild.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 12:25   Link #9182
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well played, Mashima...well played.
Spoiler for 293:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 12:26   Link #9183
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

When I saw the Double Ichiya Team my first thoughts where
Spoiler for save space:
but then Ichiya became the Hulk and my thoughts changed to
Spoiler for save space:

Seriously Mashima, you'll give me a brain aneurism at this rate...

Onto the serious part of the post...kinda.
I don't know about you guys but the fact that Ichiya beat Bacchus and Rocker in one punch kinda downplays Elfman's achievement of beating Bacchus 1-on-1...

Kagura clearly wasn't serious about fighting Leon and Rock Lee jr...I mean Yuuka. I really want to see her fight Erza.
Also, she's a bit of a hardass on Milliana, but she's clearly no Sabertooth style asshole (while ST would punish her for being weak, Kagura seemed like she was warning Milliana out of concern for her).

And finally the match up we've all been waiting for, Dragonslayers vs DragonSlayers.
Igneel is boss...so very boss! I really loved him this chapter.

Ok...who wants to try and figure out Sting and Rogue's elements based on their parent dragon's names? We have "Vicelogia" and "Skyadrum"! Let the theories and speculations begin!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 12:32   Link #9184
DeadBonesDooM

@Randrak42
I believe they are water and ice? I dunno, just sounds right to me
Logia has to be sth about liquid and andrum just sounds like a solid state element. But I have doubts that dragon names have sth to do with their element. As we have seen fire, iron, sky, poision ,lighting dragon slayers. Can't think of anything else. Main elements are fire, wind, water, earth. But I can't imagine earth elemented dragon / dragon slayer. They would just dig up earth, making them most powerful (just like wind).

Splendid episode, ending was harsh, now I can't wait for next episode...
Old 2012-07-27, 12:36   Link #9185
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think they'll be fire and iron, mirror match style...would be a nice touch to see water/earth/holy elements in it though,
Old 2012-07-27, 12:39   Link #9186
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBonesDooM View Post
@Randrak42
I believe they are water and ice? I dunno, just sounds right to me
Logia has to be sth about liquid and andrum just sounds like a solid state element. But I have doubts that dragon names have sth to do with their element. As we have seen fire, iron, sky, poision ,lighting dragon slayers. Can't think of anything else. Main elements are fire, wind, water, earth. But I can't imagine earth elemented dragon / dragon slayer. They would just dig up earth, making them most powerful (just like wind).

Splendid episode, ending was harsh, now I can't wait for next episode...
Well...iirc Logia comes from the Greek "to speak"...so how about Sound? The Sound Dragonslayer! xD
Old 2012-07-27, 12:42   Link #9187
ReinhartX

hmm? wasnt the chapter where sting and rouge were introduced it was said sting is the white dragon slayer while rouge is the shadow dragon slayer??

and igneel isnt really talking to the 2 dragons his more like talking to himself
however what he said doesnt seem to link what sting and rouge claimed....if u know what i mean
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 12:48   Link #9188
DeadBonesDooM

Could be. Sound could be possibility but I don't think it will be it.
If we take One Piece. Logia devil fruits were sort of liquid (few exceptions). So I'm counting on water & ice.
I'd hate to see mirror match. Would ruin it.
Come to think of, didn't Natsu use lighting & fire against Max?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
hmm? wasnt the chapter where sting and rouge were introduced it was said sting is the white dragon slayer while rouge is the shadow dragon slayer??

and igneel isnt really talking to the 2 dragons his more like talking to himself
however what he said doesnt seem to link what sting and rouge claimed....if u know what i mean
It was said that Sting and Rogue Killed their dragon masters. As they are 3rd generation of dragon slayers, they were trained by dragon & have lacrima inside them, also they mentioned that they did what Natsu & Gajeel & Wendy couldn't kill a dragon, hence I assume it were the dragons who trained them. White dragon slayer can be referense towards ice while shadow dragon slayer can be reference to any element that is dark. And as we know, shadow was Acnologia? Or was he darkness
Old 2012-07-27, 12:53   Link #9189
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBonesDooM View Post
If we take One Piece. Logia devil fruits were sort of liquid (few exceptions). So I'm
Don't use One Piece Logia as an example. First of, they are ELEMENTALS, being logia has nothing to do with being liquid...in fact we've seen few Logia who's elemental forms are liquid...
If we're gonna use the names of the dragons then we have to look for their etymology.
Old 2012-07-27, 13:02   Link #9190
DeadBonesDooM

So I did some research one some other forums and came up with dragon names (as they were more senseble) Weiblogia and it translates into white.
And then there was Skeer Drum.
Any new ideas ?
Old 2012-07-27, 13:07   Link #9191
DanielMors
Second Stake of Sloth

Weißlogia seems to make sense. Weiß = white and Sting is known as the White Dragon, so Weißlogia would be his parent. That leaves Skeerdrum/Skyadrum as Rogue's parent.
Maybe Weißlogia is some kind of reverse Acnologia?
DanielMors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 13:10   Link #9192
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh man, I nearly died when Nichiya appeared...XD That was a good laugh. Wish they would have shown a bit more of the fight between Mermaid Heel and Blue Pegasus though...

And now one week from today will be the MAIN EVENT!
Old 2012-07-27, 13:18   Link #9193
sergel02

Lol not surprised by Ichiya. He's a lot more powerful than people give credit. He's just creepy. Wonder how Nichiya got there?

Lol, Gajeel is sporting a headband now, just like Levi =D
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 13:19   Link #9194
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Next chapter:

- Talking from both sides;
- Then Sting mocks FT, Lucy, Dragons or Natsu;
- Natsu gets pissed and attacks;
- Attack looks strong and effective but Sting is perfectly fine;
- Sting attacks and seems to overwhelm Natsu;
- Chapter Ends with Natsu suprised at Stings' strength.

The following chapter may contain Rogue ownage with a side of Sting pwnage over NAtsu and Gajeel. Then we'll have a mostly flashback chapter for Sting and Rogue.
Finally a chapter or two later, Natsu and Gajeel use nakama power to beat Sting and Rogue...but then the Dragon Festival starts and some shit goes down...blah blah blah

Standard shounen battle manga rival fight.
Old 2012-07-27, 13:26   Link #9195
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Oh man, I nearly died when Nichiya appeared...XD That was a good laugh.
Best one for me was Erza's reaction... "There are two Ichiyas" *faints*

As for the next chapter...I just want Natsu and Gajeel to pubstomp them, skip the gloating for once.
Old 2012-07-27, 13:27   Link #9196
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Next chapter:

- Talking from both sides;
- Then Sting mocks FT, Lucy, Dragons or Natsu;
- Natsu gets pissed and attacks;
- Attack looks strong and effective but Sting is perfectly fine;
- Sting attacks and seems to overwhelm Natsu;
- Chapter Ends with Natsu suprised at Stings' strength.

The following chapter may contain Rogue ownage with a side of Sting pwnage over NAtsu and Gajeel. Then we'll have a mostly flashback chapter for Sting and Rogue.
Finally a chapter or two later, Natsu and Gajeel use nakama power to beat Sting and Rogue...but then the Dragon Festival starts and some shit goes down...blah blah blah

Standard shounen battle manga rival fight.
That's far too slow paced for Mashima.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 13:31   Link #9197
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
That's far too slow paced for Mashima.
Yeah, I think that the entire fight is going to be contained in the next chapter, well maybe with a little bit of the fight being passed to the next chapter.

After all, considering the fact that the next 2 issue's are supposed to have some extra pages, I believe that Mashima is going to have enough space to contain the entire fight between the 4 dragon slayers.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain that the tournament is going to be interrupted anyway, by this whole Dragon King Festival and the Eclipse plan, so it's not that points are going to matter that much, which might have been the reason why we haven't even been told, what is the amount of points that each team has got, from the tag battle event's that have been already finished.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 13:36   Link #9198
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Yeah, I think that the entire fight is going to be contained in the next chapter, well maybe with a little bit of the fight being passed to the next chapter.

After all, considering the fact that the next 2 issue's are supposed to have some extra pages, I believe that Mashima is going to have enough space to contain the entire fight between the 4 dragon slayers.
Personally I figure it'll probably take the next two chapters from start to finish, including the immediate aftermath, and the end of the day.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 13:57   Link #9199
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Personally I figure it'll probably take the next two chapters from start to finish, including the immediate aftermath, and the end of the day.
Maybe, well to be honest I'm not that especially interested in the fight between Natsu vs Sting and Gajeel vs Rouge, no matter how hyped up it is, in the manga.

What I'm looking toward too, is naturally the climax of the arc, and how Lucy, who is supposed to have a big role in the current arc, which is most likely, going to shape up the role she is going to have for the rest of the story, in relation with the Dragon King Festival, the dragons movement, which has been implied by Igneel in the current arc.

After all, considering the drafts that have been released for the current arc, I doubt that Mashima has forgotten about this, and all of the recent revelations are just a build up to the climax of the current arc, and, most likely, some pretty big revelation about Lucy, that will tie her with those entire dragon related revelations (which, she already has some small connection with) and according to the drafts, it will also, most likely, reveal some kind of connection, that Lucy has with Zeref.

Whatever it is going to be, I'm quite sure that it will be beyond Arcadios'es expectations, who with each passing chapter seems to me, like a pawn in the wheel of fate, rather then an antagonist of the current arc, who has complete control over his actions.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 14:53   Link #9200
Casshern

Epic revelation. I never cared about the rabbit because I was sure that no matter who it was I'd end up disappointed, but I ended up being impressed instead. Erza's face twitching was awesome; Ichiya is the only character in this manga that can make Erza feel uneasy
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen