AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-18, 13:37   Link #821
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
Not that I want to see Saiyajin wang or anything but, why doesn't Vegeta's armor rip off during his transformation like Gohan? Is it because the Saiyajin armor was built that way? Or is it because they didn't wanna show Saiyajin wang?
Spoiler for Vegeta's Armor Properties:
Old 2009-07-18, 16:24   Link #822
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Spoiler for Vegeta's Armor Properties:
Ah thank you, that explains the lack of Saiyajin wang. And to double-check here, the scouters they have on Namek are upgraded compared to the ones used on Earth? They no longer explode when someone's power level is too high or something right? And these upgraded scouters, are they new or was it just out of reach for Saiyajin use? Because if I remembered correctly about them exploding due to high power levels (is this right?), it should explode every time they scan Frieza.
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 17:23   Link #823
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
And to double-check here, the scouters they have on Namek are upgraded compared to the ones used on Earth?
Spoiler for Scouters:

Quote:
And these upgraded scouters, are they new or was it just out of reach for Saiyajin use? Because if I remembered correctly about them exploding due to high power levels (is this right?), it should explode every time they scan Frieza.
Spoiler for Scouters:
Old 2009-07-20, 22:19   Link #824
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I haven't watched an episode of Kai yet and I don't intend to until atleast about 75 or more eps are out and I can just watch at leisure, but from reading the thread it appears the reboot has been greatly appreciated...That's nice to see...

If I were watching I'd be setting up a Zarbon countdown clock about now^^....Love that prick ....
Old 2009-07-21, 03:55   Link #825
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
If I were watching I'd be setting up a Zarbon countdown clock about now^^....Love that prick ....
Yeah Zarbon is a great character. It's great because there was no one at all like him in the story during his time to shine, and he did it so well. Can't wait to see him again in Kai.
Old 2009-07-21, 09:19   Link #826
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

It’s funny because it’s right around the time Zarbon shows up that the power-level of this show just goes bonkers…I mean you sit there and watch Goku and Vegeta go at it only to find out somebody like Zarbon is far beyond them (Initially anyway)…It’s sick really (Like Zarbon’s transformed state)…That’s why I can’t watch this $hit until there are a lot more eps…It’s easy to run right thru this on memory fuels…Recapturing that spark is something I don’t have time for right this second, because I know that’ll become addicted with this show again^^….
Old 2009-07-21, 12:24   Link #827
Vicious108

Also looking forward to Zarbon's debut in Kai. More Sho Hayami is always good.

And I'm surprised that absolutely no comments on episode 16 were posted here. Well I guess this is a fight that's been discussed to death already.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 13:01   Link #828
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
And I'm surprised that absolutely no comments on episode 16 were posted here. Well I guess this is a fight that's been discussed to death already.
Only because i just watched this episode this morning.

Just like last week's episode, the music placement in episode 16 was superb. I really hope they keep this up, especially as we go into one of the best arcs of the series, leading up to the almighty Frieza arc.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:12   Link #829
Blaat

While I enjoyed episode 16 I think I would have liked it better if the episode ended with Vegeta leaving Earth instead of the current 'Kururin is about to kill Vegeta' cliffhanger I must say though some of the reanimated scenes looked great, especially the explosions when Vegeta was attacking with ki Gohan blasts.

Next several episodes will be a tad 'boring' until they land on Namek.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:20   Link #830
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I think they'll be on namek by episode 19.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:33   Link #831
Blaat

Episode 19 sounds about right, maybe 20 depending on the amount of filler. I'm also guessing that by episode 30 we'll definitely be in the Ginyu Force fight.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:46   Link #832
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Well at least there won't be the snoozefest of "Fake Namek" this time around.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:46   Link #833
saravis

Might even be sooner than that. What is there really left before they hit Namek that isn't filler? All we really have is finding and repairing Kami's ship, Vegeta's recovery and the trip to Namek. That shouldn't take anymore than two episodes, I could see it being done in one.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:54   Link #834
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Might even be sooner than that. What is there really left before they hit Namek that isn't filler? All we really have is finding and repairing Kami's ship, Vegeta's recovery and the trip to Namek. That shouldn't take anymore than two episodes, I could see it being done in one.
They won't reach Namek in episode 17. It's the recover episode and stuff, where they chat about traveling to Namek for the original Dragonball's. They'll probably srt of for the journey by the end of episode 17, or start of 18.
Old 2009-07-21, 14:22   Link #835
Vicious108

Just saw episode 16, and it reminded of one of the reasons why this fight is so good. You really see the fighters at their limit, barely able to even walk anymore, or in some cases like Goku not able at all. It's great stuff.

And I'm not really sure what's filler and what's not till they get to Namek so I can't tell when it'll happen, but episode 19 sounds like a good choice.
Old 2009-07-21, 14:42   Link #836
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Just finished watching episode 16 myself and it was great reliving the classic moments again. I actually thought it was a nice idea to do a cliff-hanger at that spot because as surprising as it is, there are people out there that haven't seen DBZ in their life, so kudos for that. If I had never seen DBZ, I think that cliffhanger would have got me pumped XD

Still, after all of those action packed episodes, it's nice to cool off for a couple of episodes and then get right back into it. We're in for a hell of a ride here though, Namek is easily the best arc in my opinion, with the Cell arc being a very close second. Just like everyone has mentioned already, the music was very well used. Can't wait for the Freiza fights

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 15:02   Link #837
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

nice to see they didn't spoil the Vegeta cliffhanger in the preview, unlike the Piccolo stuff

the scene when vegeta was furiously ki blasting gohan and the scene with the genki-dama looked great, couldn't ask for more. although i agree the music is good, i kind of miss the battle music of the original DBZ (of when gohan was masenko blasting vegeta). i see they fixed the masenko/kamehameha error

yajirobe still as annoying as ever, didn't need to see his red underwear though

this episode shows how badass vegeta is, being the only one brave enough to face an oozaru head on like that. shame this is the only time he uses a destructo disc
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 16:06   Link #838
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

mmm so whats the airtime/day of db kai in japan? Tuesdays?
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 16:19   Link #839
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

Sunday Morning at 9am, right before One Piece. They even have a cute eyecatch transitioning between the two shows
Old 2009-07-21, 18:55   Link #840
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
Sunday Morning at 9am, right before One Piece. They even have a cute eyecatch transitioning between the two shows
Really? That sounds pretty cool. Maybe it's something like Luffy/Kuririn or Ace/Piccolo talking together. Same voices ftw.