AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-03, 11:08   Link #61
Westlo
Lets be reality

Daume have done some serviceable stuff, Aniplex budget should help too.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 11:22   Link #62
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Scan also seems to list Yasuharu Takanashi (高梨康治) as the composer. At least we can expect awesome music, then.

Also, after seeing Daume, I was a bit worried since they did Yoake Mae Cabbages thing, but most of their other shows looked pretty good, so I'm just going to blame the staff that worked on that.

As for Amino, anyone has any input on him? I haven't watched Macross 7 and that seems like it's the only really well-known series he's worked on.
Old 2010-03-03, 12:06   Link #63
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Daume have done some serviceable stuff, Aniplex budget should help too.
For instance, check out Petite Cossette. o_o
Old 2010-03-03, 13:00   Link #64
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
For instance, check out Petite Cossette. o_o
If it's anything close to Cosette, it could be a guaranteed watch for me, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Honestly, having Nishimura would have been much better in my opinion, I'm not too fond of Amino.

One of the reasons Cosette was so good was because Shinbo did an excellent job, I usually don't like his style but that show was perfect for him. He isn't working on this project so I have no idea what to expect, Daume's recent works are nothing like Shiki.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 10:52   Link #65
B.kun

I leave here the list of staff and part of the cast from the scans that was post before.

Staff

Director: Tetsuro Amino
Series Composition: Kenji Sugihara
Music: Yasuharu Takanashi
Character Design and Animation Director: Shinji Ochi
Art Director: Ichirou Tatsuta
Director of Photography: Masanori Sasaki
Color design: Keiko Shibuya and Yuka Maniwa
Animation Studio: Daume

Cast

Natsuno Yuuki: Uchiyama Kouki
Toshio Ozaki: Touru Ookawa
Seishin Muroi: Kazuyuki Okitsu
Megumi Shimizu: Haruka Tomatsu
Sunako Kirishiki: Aoi Yuuki
Tatsumi: Wataru Takagi
Shoujirou Kirishiki: GACKT

Last edited by B.kun; 2010-03-04 at 11:28.
B.kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 16:00   Link #66
TadloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Scan also seems to list Yasuharu Takanashi (高梨康治) as the composer. At least we can expect awesome music, then.
Yeah, I really like his soundtracks.
TadloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 19:47   Link #67
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Also, after seeing Daume, I was a bit worried since they did Yoake Mae Cabbages thing, but most of their other shows looked pretty good, so I'm just going to blame the staff that worked on that.
That crew did Minami-ke though, so it isn't like they haven't produced good work. There are many factors (including things that a team has no control over) that determine how a show turns out.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 21:03   Link #68
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
That crew did Minami-ke though, so it isn't like they haven't produced good work. There are many factors (including things that a team has no control over) that determine how a show turns out.
Oh, sure, I didn't mean to say that the same people are unable to make a good show, just stating the fact that these guys, WHEN they worked on Yoake, didn't do a good job. Not sure if there wasn't enough budget, if there wasn't motivation due to the sort of original material it was, but regarding THAT specific series, it came off as something really below your average anime.

Still, Shiki's looking good enough from the previews and I'm already sold the moment they announced Yasuharu for the musics, haha.
Old 2010-03-05, 21:06   Link #69
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
I remember when Baccano! was announced and the staff didn't exactly inspire confidence in the 3-4 people who were looking forward to it. Today Brains Base is considered one of the better studios around and the same Baccano! team are killing it right now with Durarara!!.

So while studio does matter a lot it's not everything, budget (Aniplex should mean that's no problem) and the quality of the original source matter as well.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 20:00   Link #70
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So while studio does matter a lot it's not everything, budget (Aniplex should mean that's no problem) and the quality of the original source matter as well.
Thankfully Shiki isn't dependent on high speed action scenes, so the studio can spend more time on backgrounds and character designs without blowing their budget. I suspect many of the complaints about Shiki will be in regards to pacing; the early parts of the story are extremely slow paced. I wonder how the studio will spice things up to keep interest from episode to episode.

On the other hand, if they can create a creepy psychological atmosphere they may not need to mess with things much. That's going to require some good art direction and music though. So far the character designs are pretty faithful to the original, that's a good sign in the right direction.
Old 2010-03-27, 18:49   Link #71
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Trailer :

http://www.youtube.com/user/wx0635#p/u/28/mqzC_UTKcK0

Look like Higurashi with detective/mystery part .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 22:29   Link #72
Hilo Hello

oshityes

OSHITYES
Hilo Hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 18:43   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I noticed this show because Yuuki Aoi is voicing a character (Sunako). But the bit of manga I read seems good, and has lots of atmosphere. Slow at first, but building.

I don't see blaming Amino Tetsurou for Yoakena just because he did a storyboard for one episode of it. His most recent directoral work seem to be Silk Road Kids and a Lupin movie, neither of which I have seen. And he directed Macross7 and other shows many moons ago.

The writer, Sugihara Kenji, is doing series composition for the first time, and previously did script work on shows like sola, Minami-ke, and SA, none of which give much clue as to how well he might do with this.

The real problem with Yoakena was animation, and particularly consistency of animation, but the animation director of this show was not involved in that one. Ochi Shinji did a recent Lupin special, and was animation director of Tona-gura. Not that that's a great recommendation, lol.

I'm a big believer in being able to predict how good a show might be from its director and writer (e.g., Baka to Test). But as Westlo says, source material and budget have a big effect on a show, too, and you can't definitely predict on the basis of studio or staff alone.

In Yuuki Aoi's blog today, she posted a less than perfect photo of some of the cast, from just before an event at TAF:

(l-r) Tomatsu Haruka, Yuuki Aoi, Uchiyama Kouki, Ohkawa Tohru, Okitsu Kazuyuki.

It's as if they are living in four different worlds and just got thrown together in a bomb shelter, lol. Ao-chan tends to dress well-covered and a bit loligoth. Tomatsu is in idol mode.

Ao-chan rushed from event to event at TA, appearing in three of them. Fans on 2channel who saw her were understandably excited. "Short" and "cute" were the words. No mention of Tomatsu in Ao-chan's thread, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-03-28 at 22:07.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 12:46   Link #74
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Thankfully Shiki isn't dependent on high speed action scenes, so the studio can spend more time on backgrounds and character designs without blowing their budget. I suspect many of the complaints about Shiki will be in regards to pacing; the early parts of the story are extremely slow paced. I wonder how the studio will spice things up to keep interest from episode to episode.

On the other hand, if they can create a creepy psychological atmosphere they may not need to mess with things much. That's going to require some good art direction and music though. So far the character designs are pretty faithful to the original, that's a good sign in the right direction.
The art is indeed pretty impressive so far, especially the ones in the gallery. The pace will definitely be an issue, but ever since Zettai Shonen I've yet to find anything slow paced.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 11:20   Link #75
ZODDGUTS

A bit late on this really looking forward to it. As for the Studio Daume don't think you much to worry. They've done several well animated shows like Please Teacher/Twins, Ichigo Mashimaro and the first season of Minami-ke, they weren't involve with the sequels of Minami-ke which had shoddy animation and iffy direction that was done by another studio. Looking at the trailer looks very good, the character designs are exactly how they look in the manga.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 10:12   Link #76
Katapan
俺様祭り

The official website was updated today with the fifth key visual (of Tatsumi), and pictures for many characters. I've put up everything together in case you don't feel like clicking everywhere on the character page:

Spoiler for Character information:

I am a huge fan of the manga, and seeing every character adapted this faithfully makes me immensely pleased. The cast is also really exciting - Ucchi as Natsuno will get me fangirling much more than GACKT, Tomacchan as Megumi should be a delight to hear, and I just don't see who could have done Sunako better than Ao-chan. Kaoru should also love to learn that Sasaki Nozomi is voicing the nurse.

Debuting on July 8th, 25:15 - the extended noitaminA timeslot. I certainly can't wait.
Old 2010-05-01, 10:56   Link #77
LKK

Wow. There are some loonnngggg necks on those characters designs.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 11:14   Link #78
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Didn't really notice it at first but it's true that the necks are pretty long. And that's some funky hair they've got.
Old 2010-05-02, 00:25   Link #79
Kakkou
Tch.

I looooooove how they've handled the character designs, I really do. I'd dare say this is as good as the manga. Makes me even more impatient for the show to start >w<.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 09:42   Link #80
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Wow. There are some loonnngggg necks on those characters designs.
It almost reminds me of the character designs from Loveless.

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire