Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-07, 12:35   Link #1
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

To Heart Memories (Sequel to To Heart) Announced

Great news for all To Heart fans.

In this months release of Megumi Magazine, there is a preview of the new upcoming sequel to To Heart: To Heart Memories.

The new upcoming series will be based off the original character in To Heart, and not the To Heart 2 game.

Nothing else is known about the series at this time.

More Multi-chan is always good
Old 2004-07-07, 14:08   Link #2
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Great news for all To Heart fans.

In this months release of Megumi Magazine, there is a preview of the new upcoming sequel to To Heart: To Heart Memories.

The new upcoming series will be based off the original character in To Heart, and not the To Heart 2 game.

Nothing else is known about the series at this time.

More Multi-chan is always good
The official title is "To Heart ~Remember my memories~"
The official site for all the To Heart anime is http://www.aquaplus.co.jp/th/th_anime.html
According to MOON PHASE, it's gonna start in October 2004.
The director worked on Yumeria and Get Backers, while the Character Designer/Overall Art Director worked on Z.O.E. and Big O
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 14:13   Link #3
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
The official title is "To Heart ~Remember my memories~"
The official site for all the To Heart anime is http://www.aquaplus.co.jp/th/th_anime.html
According to MOON PHASE, it's gonna start in October 2004.
The director worked on Yumeria and Get Backers, while the Character Designer/Overall Art Director worked on Z.O.E. and Big O
i certainly hope they don't redesign Multi to be a giant shiny robot with illusionary eyes when she falls asleep and ends up in a dream world
lookin' forward to it!
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 14:15   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Joy !! I'm allready looking forward to it !!

I'm really curious if those two are gonna get together for real

and more multi-chan can never be bad, let's just hope she does more than cleaning alone this time
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 14:21   Link #5
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I wonder if the new series has anything to do with the old one finally getting licensed.

There's no way it will look exactly the same as the old series, just because the old one was based on cels. I wonder if the character designs will be revised to look more like the game characters (Comipa Revolution tried to do that). Regardless, it's nice to see this sort of thing recovering some of the ground lost to "romantic comedy" over the last few years.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 14:35   Link #6
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
I wonder if the new series has anything to do with the old one finally getting licensed.

There's no way it will look exactly the same as the old series, just because the old one was based on cels. I wonder if the character designs will be revised to look more like the game characters (Comipa Revolution tried to do that). Regardless, it's nice to see this sort of thing recovering some of the ground lost to "romantic comedy" over the last few years.
yes it was quite surprising to see two romantic slice-of-life shows like to Heart and Boys Be get licensed a week ago. I really hope we'll see some more slice-of-life shows in the near future, I really love that stuff. We've got enough mecha-shounen for the moment
Old 2004-07-07, 15:13   Link #7
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
yes it was quite surprising to see two romantic slice-of-life shows like to Heart and Boys Be get licensed a week ago. I really hope we'll see some more slice-of-life shows in the near future, I really love that stuff. We've got enough mecha-shounen for the moment
"Slice-of-life" seems to be native to this forum - I don't have much use for that distinction.

I was thinking more of Love Hina and its ilk and their impact on romance anime.
Old 2004-07-07, 15:23   Link #8
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
"Slice-of-life" seems to be native to this forum - I don't have much use for that distinction.

I was thinking more of Love Hina and its ilk and their impact on romance anime.
just so you know...To Heart came around before Love Hina
Love Hina's influence was mostly felt in the states
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 15:30   Link #9
arias

So it's sure to be a direct sequel that continues the storyline of the original To Heart? I wonder what will happen.

Spoiler:

I'm hoping this To Heart will be good. But what do you guys think will happen? Will this series really go anywhere?
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 15:52   Link #10
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
So it's sure to be a direct sequel that continues the storyline of the original To Heart? I wonder what will happen.

Spoiler:

I'm hoping this To Heart will be good. But what do you guys think will happen? Will this series really go anywhere?
The extreme slowness was what I loved about To Heart. It's very refreshing from all the fast paced action anime's. Perfect to watch while eating dinner after a sucky day at work
If to Heart's sequel is like the origial I'll be very happy. And I hope they don't change the animation stle too much, I think it perectly suited the show (but I fear my hopes will remain unanswered on this one)
Old 2004-07-07, 16:27   Link #11
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
just so you know...To Heart came around before Love Hina
Love Hina's influence was mostly felt in the states
Just so you know that I knew... saw both soon after they came out - liked one, hated the other.

I am just saying that romance was a nicer neighborhood before Love Hina moved in. And LH's influence in Japan is pretty strong and pretty clear - it's hard to find any shounen romance manga which doesn't bear some resemblance...
Old 2004-07-08, 09:30   Link #12
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Just so you know that I knew... saw both soon after they came out - liked one, hated the other.

I am just saying that romance was a nicer neighborhood before Love Hina moved in. And LH's influence in Japan is pretty strong and pretty clear - it's hard to find any shounen romance manga which doesn't bear some resemblance...
Well t's the law of economics (or something else) , when something is popular and succesfull it will get copied alot. But this will never last, the amount of love Hina rip-offs will drop over time as the general public grows tired of it, this will lead to an increase of the softer romance genre again, and so on and so on ...
people always look for different horizons after a while .
Old 2004-07-08, 12:29   Link #13
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
The extreme slowness was what I loved about To Heart. It's very refreshing from all the fast paced action anime's. Perfect to watch while eating dinner after a sucky day at work
If to Heart's sequel is like the origial I'll be very happy. And I hope they don't change the animation stle too much, I think it perectly suited the show (but I fear my hopes will remain unanswered on this one)
Expect "To Heart~Remember my Memories~" to have character designs much more closer to the PS version of the game.

http://www.aquaplus.co.jp/th/th_anime.html
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 06:14   Link #14
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Expect "To Heart~Remember my Memories~" to have character designs much more closer to the PS version of the game.

http://www.aquaplus.co.jp/th/th_anime.html
So they\'re gonna do a makeover just like Comic Party Revolution, right?

At the very least, I hope they retain the \'feel\' of it... I never would want something too comedic nor too dramatic. I want the slice-of-life in it.

The original game is already 7 years old now right? Can\'t believe it has that staying power... I wonder why they didn\'t base it on the To Heart 2 game instead...

... or maybe To Heart 2 anime will be planned once To Heart ~Remember my Memories~ deems popular.
Old 2004-08-02, 18:55   Link #15
Late
Peelo

To Heart ~ Remember my Memories ~

Just noticed this in Animenfo: http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...rt___reme.html

Has this already started in Japan? Is someone going to sub this? I really liked To Heart so I hope yes.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 19:03   Link #16
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Hmm, intersting. I also hope this becomes fansubbed.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 19:06   Link #17
zepher

i've been waiting for this...according to my "sources" it airs in november....but dont quote me on that...

and up to date no company has announced a licence.
zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 19:14   Link #18
-AR-

According to Moon Phase and the official To Heart ~Remember my memories~ website it starts airing in October
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 19:33   Link #19
zepher

lol, yeah, october
i had the date 10/2004 in my head, and i mistook the month ^^
i meant october
zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 12:54   Link #20
spudman

Comments anyone ? The raw has been out for a few days now. I thought this thread would have sprung back into life by now.
spudman is offline   Reply With Quote