Old 2008-11-17, 17:39   Link #2241
amjzz

Ok, thanks for the answer!.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 21:56   Link #2242
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

^something pls... i gotta go check

there are a whole list of these 'pls' emoticons.

UPDATE:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
Probably an stupid question but what this emoticon means:

everyone seem to use it...what is the name of this emoticon?.
That is the imhappypls emoticon.

I tried to find the mega post on dA but I couldnt...

Here's the link to the 'original': http://imhappyplz.deviantart.com/

you can go to the comments and look up the different accounts, all non-dA emoticons should be accounts. But be warned, there is quite a lot of spam, on average one per page of comments per account.

Last edited by Konpachi; 2008-11-17 at 22:59.
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 11:17   Link #2243
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Silly question ever since I was little I've been a huge fan of the drawing style used in the Batman animated series, Superman series, Batman Beyond and Justice league series though I was wondering does the style in which it was drawn pin point to like a name of someone? Like you see it and can tell hey that's from <enter name>. Not certain how to explain it in proper words lol

edit :

another silly question that has nothing to do with the one above:
How do I get quicktime to work in firefox? I have quicktime (and also reinstalled it just now) but it doesn't work when I want to watch a film on internet with firefox, how do I get it to work properly?
(when I play it the screen says missign plug in, then tells me its quicktime its missing and it can't automatically install it so I have to do it manually which I did again but no change)

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2008-11-18 at 11:30.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 11:29   Link #2244
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

^ Hmm, I'm not sure what you're asking for.

The Batman animated series was produced by Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett and Eric Radomski. So, if you're asking whether the aesthetic style of the animated series is identifiably theirs, I can't say for sure since I'm not familiar with their body of work.

If, on the other hand, you're asking whether the style has a name, then yes, I think it does. It's a mix of Art Deco and Modernism, reminiscent of the heydays of the Roaring Twenties in the United States in general, and in New York City in particular.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 16:11   Link #2245
Vashar

Silly question:

In a certain anime, there's a little girl that goes "konnbanwa nanoha-desu" when greeting a group of her friends (all young females, but older than her, except for one older male) and "oyasumi nanoha-desu" when saying good night to that one male friend of hers. What's the "nanoha-desu" part supposed to mean? The second scenario totally left me confused.

Edit: My best guess is that it's supposed to be something to change the mood of what you're saying? Like how Sunohara on Clannad After Story was saying "toilet seat" after every line to take the seriousness out of it? This is like saying, "in a little girl kind of way"?

Last edited by Vashar; 2008-11-18 at 16:31.
Vashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 18:05   Link #2246
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Your speculation is correct. "nanoha-desu" (I believe) loosely translates to "I nanoha!" (emphasis implied by the context). So the phrases in english would probably sound something cute such as: "I Nanoha, say good morning to you!" and "I Nanoha, say good night to you!", or alternatively something shorter such as: "I Nanoha, greet you!".
Old 2008-11-18, 21:37   Link #2247
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Silly question ever since I was little I've been a huge fan of the drawing style used in the Batman animated series, Superman series, Batman Beyond and Justice league series though I was wondering does the style in which it was drawn pin point to like a name of someone? Like you see it and can tell hey that's from <enter name>. Not certain how to explain it in proper words lol
Uhh... Bruce Timm.

I think the only way you can tell if it's Timm's work w/o someone simply telling you, is by looking at a muscular male character's chest and ab area (in cartoons). 'Cause it appears as if they are the only things I can find constant.

Spoiler for Size:
Old 2008-11-18, 22:02   Link #2248
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
That is the imhappypls emoticon.

I tried to find the mega post on dA but I couldnt...

Here's the link to the 'original': http://imhappyplz.deviantart.com/
I thought it was some 4chan meme or something.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 03:40   Link #2249
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

^ i have no idea, i think i first saw it on dA
Old 2008-11-19, 05:24   Link #2250
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I thought it was some 4chan meme or something.
You are right it is a 4chan meme, though no idea if it actually has a name or anything
Old 2008-11-19, 11:36   Link #2251
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
That style (which BTW is my favorite art style for animation) is indeed acredited to Bruce Timm, and the art style is often referred to as “Timmiverse.”

Batman: TAS, is considered by many the best TV animated series ever, that style rely heavily on Art Deco and film noir imagery. Some of Bruce Timms works are JLU, Justice League, Batman, Batman Beyond, Superman animates series, Teen Titans; he also did Movie specials such as Batman: Mask Phantasm and Superman Doomsday,

He deviated from his original art concept earlier this year by doing a joint effort with Japanenese artists by doing Batman: Gotham Knight.

Last edited by Rurik; 2008-11-19 at 13:42.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 13:51   Link #2252
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Another silly question, what is this NEDM stuff?
A cat head, voice saying NEDM that interupts a original sentence and then a remix song plays. I read NEDM stands for Not even Doom music but I don't understand what it actually means, I mean why lol
Old 2008-11-19, 18:22   Link #2253
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Another silly from me, but sorta serious.

Okay, if JayWalking is illegal and the person gets hit by moving traffic, and the driver is charged with injury of the pedestrians.

Could the pedestrian charge the driver with injury to him?

The driver isn't drunk or drugged in any way, it was a natural accident due to his vision obscured by objects.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 20:41   Link #2254
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Well, it depends on where you live and what the laws are there. In some countries, it's LEGAL to 'jaywalk'.
Old 2008-11-19, 21:16   Link #2255
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konpachi View Post
Well, it depends on where you live and what the laws are there. In some countries, it's LEGAL to 'jaywalk'.
It may be legal in some situations but I am more then sure in every country even in the scenarios it is legal the jaywalker must give priority to the vehicles (the jaywalkers do not exactly "own the road"). If you are jaywalking and a car runs into you tough luck, there is in no way the driver can be held responsible, although depending on where you live the driver of the vehicle may be required to take the jaywalker to the nearest hospital. The driver can be drunk, drugged or otherwise partially incapacitated, smoking a cigar or eating, it was your fault for jumping in front of him.

Jaywalking (or what appears to be it) is legal and the driver can be held responsible if he doesn't even give you priority, let alone run you over, in "pedestrian areas" (sp? sorry the term may be different). These are not just any area where you walk but special areas designated under special circumstances. Vehicles are also forced to keep a very low speed limit and there the pedestrians literally own the road.
Old 2008-11-19, 22:08   Link #2256
FateAnomaly

I am not sure but i think it depends on the situation ,however, jaywalking is not really a factor. If the jaywalker is walking normally in plain sight and gets knock down, the driver will still be responsible. If the person runs across a pedestrian crossing without warning, the driver could also not be held responsible. So i don't think jaywalking actually matters when a accident really happens.

Hmm i also have a question but i am not sure how to ask it. There is a stereotype high pitch laughter that japanese lady do (typically by high class, arrogant, ojou-sama types) that goes oh ho ho ho ho ho.. They will also half cover their mouth with hand while doing so. So my question is this. Is there a name for this laughter?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 02:22   Link #2257
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts

This ICON from /v/ means basically that "you're clueless".
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 02:34   Link #2258
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In at least one state in the US I know of... if you were 1" outside of the crosswalk or the light was not in your favor... .they'll ticket you (the pedestrian) as you lay there waiting for the ambulance and high-five the driver for punishing stupidity.... well, not that last part.

Most of the West Coast of the US is really terrible about pedestrians not being required to exhibit some courtesy (or common sense) on the street or especially in parking lots (he said as the fat ass in front of his car stops to pick her nose and jabber on her cellphone).
I'm very keen on pedestrian rights ... but then I also very keen on pedestrians not making a mockery of those rights ;p
Old 2008-11-20, 03:02   Link #2259
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Sorry about that. But when I mean location, I meant it as this would be happening in the United States, where jaywalking is mostly illegal. As of now, I don't know any states that allows jaywalking to be legal.

ugh... now I don't remember the 2nd part of the question now >.<

ps: I'll try to remember it.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 03:53   Link #2260
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
It may be legal in some situations but I am more then sure in every country even in the scenarios it is legal the jaywalker must give priority to the vehicles (the jaywalkers do not exactly "own the road"). If you are jaywalking and a car runs into you tough luck, there is in no way the driver can be held responsible, although depending on where you live the driver of the vehicle may be required to take the jaywalker to the nearest hospital. The driver can be drunk, drugged or otherwise partially incapacitated, smoking a cigar or eating, it was your fault for jumping in front of him.

Jaywalking (or what appears to be it) is legal and the driver can be held responsible if he doesn't even give you priority, let alone run you over, in "pedestrian areas" (sp? sorry the term may be different). These are not just any area where you walk but special areas designated under special circumstances. Vehicles are also forced to keep a very low speed limit and there the pedestrians literally own the road.
I'm pretty sure that here, it is never, under any circumstance, legal to hit a pedestrian with your car, jaywalking or not. (There is a never applied fine for jaywalking.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Most of the West Coast of the US is really terrible about pedestrians not being required to exhibit some courtesy (or common sense) on the street or especially in parking lots (he said as the fat ass in front of his car stops to pick her nose and jabber on her cellphone).
Stop browsing the net and writing posts while you're driving!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious