Old 2012-10-28, 10:22   Link #1981
Hachiko
The Akita

By Request! Spin it, DJ!

Spoiler for Body Mambo!:
Old 2012-10-28, 12:43   Link #1982
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Kuro prevails over her big sister as expected, managing to squeak past Yuu in a photo finish win that had percentages at both 50% (rounded to whole numbers). This intra faction match however managed to be even less interesting for the voters by garnering a new low of 359 total votes.

The Saki faction, breaking records almost everyday for the QF round. They're not just breaking the high records but the low ones, too.

Pick for today:
Shana

"Light My Fire"
Old 2012-10-28, 12:52   Link #1983
Kyuu
=^^=

Now to finish off the last of the non-Sakis.

Btw, I hope the announcement on Saki Season 2 would like a bigger fire among the Saki faction.
Old 2012-10-28, 13:41   Link #1984
Team Rocket Elite

A close call for Kuro. I guess I was still underestimating Yuu since I didn't think she would get this close to Kuro. If Kuro has this much trouble with Yuu, it doesn't seem like her chance of beating Toki is very good. I guess Toki and Kuro still need to worry about reaching the finals first.

To close off the quarterfinals we've got Shana attempting to stop a all Saki final 4. Fortuntaely for her, she likely drew the weakest of the Saki characters that made it this far. Hisa has had some close close like how Yayoi nearly knocked her off last round. However, I suppose Shana also had trouble with Sena and Airi. I'm still going to side with Shana finally putting an end to the Saki win streak.

Vote:
Shana

Prediction:
Shana
Old 2012-10-28, 13:43   Link #1985
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Kuro prevails over her big sister as expected, managing to squeak past Yuu in a photo finish win that had percentages at both 50% (rounded to whole numbers). This intra faction match however managed to be even less interesting for the voters by garnering a new low of 359 total votes.
Saki vs. Nodoka and Kuro vs. Yuu are great matches conceptually (all-yuri and sister vs. sister respectively), but they suffer from how people that like one are very likely to like the other one, and to roughly equal degrees. In other words, I think a lot of people just couldn't bring themselves to care about the results of these matches (viewing them as "win-win" or "lose-lose" affairs), so they didn't vote.

If Sayaka vs. Kyouko had happened last year, I think the situation would have been different because there's stark differences between the characters that would polarize the PMMM fandom somewhat (even amongst KyouSaya shippers). But you don't have that same sort of "conflicting ideals" going on with Saki vs. Nodoka or Kuro vs. Yuu. They're all pretty close to "standard" protagonists with moe charm.

I like Hisa - I can't dislike anybody that reminds me that much of Haruhi Suzumiya, after all - But my heart and mind are with Shana today. With my mind, it's that Shana winning would make this tournament more interesting.
Old 2012-10-28, 14:21   Link #1986
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Btw, I hope the announcement on Saki Season 2 would like a bigger fire among the Saki faction.
I hope not, Saki is overkilling this year so no need to overkill until Saki is ineligible plus I won't be surprised if the fire in the Saki faction ran out because of this seems like it is running out due to how low the votes for the Saki interseries match is .
Old 2012-10-28, 14:51   Link #1987
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Even though Kuro's chances of reaching the finals are better if she faces Hisa, it would be a more interesting match if Kuro were to face Shana instead.

Toki (Saki vs. non-Saki) = 400+ votes for the winner
Nodoka vs. Saki and Kuro vs. Yu (Saki vs. Saki) = Less than 200 for the winner

As for Kuro vs. Yu, turns out Yu was leading up to the final hour, before Kuro finally made her move. Nice win. Kuro advances.
Old 2012-10-29, 00:08   Link #1988
Hachiko
The Akita

Uh oh, looks like some fakery for Shana...
Old 2012-10-29, 01:01   Link #1989
RJ TAYLER

Also looks like a remake of 'All Quiet On The Voting Front" today.
Old 2012-10-29, 01:32   Link #1990
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for SF1 preview:

I am, personally, looking forward to this. And now...Dead or Alive.

Spoiler for Theme Song for SF 1:
Old 2012-10-29, 01:46   Link #1991
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Even though Kuro's chances of reaching the finals are better if she faces Hisa, it would be a more interesting match if Kuro were to face Shana instead.

Toki (Saki vs. non-Saki) = 400+ votes for the winner
Nodoka vs. Saki and Kuro vs. Yu (Saki vs. Saki) = Less than 200 for the winner

As for Kuro vs. Yu, turns out Yu was leading up to the final hour, before Kuro finally made her move. Nice win. Kuro advances.
I am not interested in vote counts. Not anymore at least, when they are no longer in the 1,000's. Instead, I am all for the Saki domination.
Old 2012-10-29, 03:02   Link #1992
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

The numbers today only seem to have slightly improved over those from the intra faction matches, but it's still lethargic overall. Hoping for a big last hour rush from those still standing up to the Saki faction's domination to cement Shana's uncertain lead over Hisa.

Meanwhile, I was trying the method I successfully used last year to get a voting code and so far, no success. IP addresses I got from Hiroshima Prefecture, Tokyo and even a couple of IPs from somewhere close to Okaya, Nagano Prefecture don't work.
Images
places
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
ERROR:PROXY規制中!!!(52)。
It's starting to make me think the already prohibitive bans have become even tighter this year within Japan itself. I know the bans already extended to within Japan before this, but even so I still found at least two usable IP addresses last year.
Old 2012-10-29, 03:43   Link #1993
RJ TAYLER

My joke about Rie Tanaka's parents not being allowed to support her in the tournament 'might' be coming sadly to fruition. Does Japan have an independent electoral commission, like Australia where it can run or help to run many different types of elections (like Unions, Corporate AGM's and CEO's, Sporting Associations as well as Local, State and Federal elections) if so then they can help the organizers with future contests?

A swing might be 'on' as I type though, what shape it is I can't determine.

Last edited by RJ TAYLER; 2012-10-29 at 04:02.
Old 2012-10-29, 05:02   Link #1994
JW1

A close match, which probably means it's being faked to high heaven. Whose fakers will prevail?
Old 2012-10-29, 08:17   Link #1995
Hachiko
The Akita

Sho Taniguchi is at Misaki City Municipal High School in Misaki City, Tokyo Prefecture. Sho, you're not too far from us at the 2channel World Studios. What can you tell us down there?

Sho: It's a party atmosphere, and the fans do not care if Shana gets eliminated tonight by Hisa Takei, or gets eliminated after or performs the biggest upset of all and wins the Saimoe Prime Minister's office. The fact that she has made it this far has already made her a winner. Linkin Park is performing here on the stage at the Misaki City High quad, performing "Burn It Down," the official theme song of the campaign for this, Shana's final Saimoe campaign, and the fans are jumping, some crowd surfers are here, flags are waving, it's a party down here.

Sho, so no one cares what happens down there? There won't be any rioting if Shana is the last to fall to the Saki faction?

Sho: Nope. Misaki City's mayor will not allow any unruly behavior by any disgruntled revelers and will recommend its citizens to return to their homes. It's Monday night here in Misaki City and most people are asleep and won't tune in to the returns until tomorrow morning, but it's been a jubilant mood here and it's going to stay that way, win or lose. And if Shana does win this quarterfinal, she will address the crowd. That's the scoop here in Misaki City, we'll send it back to you Hachi.

Party scenes in Misaki City, the residents taking the news with stride. At about 11:06 p.m. JST, we will give you the result of the final quarterfinal between Hisa Takei and Shana. The winner takes on Achiga City's Saki Party representative Kuro Matsumi in the semifinals, scheduled for Nov. 1. This is the 2012 Anime Saimoe Tournament on 2channel World. Stick with us.
Old 2012-10-29, 08:41   Link #1996
RJ TAYLER

While we are awaiting the big announcement could the guests of honour please make it to their specially imported chaise lounges. Give us a warm smile that carries all the way from Misaki City to Kiyosumi prefecture. I'd like to introduce a couple of very special guests today to assist me with the announcement of the winners. A lady that one of the competitors today faced off with in her very first tournament Miss Suiseiseki (or Jade Sterm if you prefer) and one that graced us during our last big sister fight Miss Kagami Hiiragi. Would you like a few remaks to your adoring fans,

"It is nice to be back here - desu. It does bring back some fine memories of the last time we met Shana - desu. Good luck- desu"

"Not a lot of the girls these days have or cater to what my friend Konata calls 'special interests', not that I am sad with this ok, just pointing a fact out geez"

Well we have some time to go before the big announcement so who better than Mr Ginger Baker to play us to the big moment. Take it away Ginger....blues drumming reverberates throughout the Bukodan Arena.....

The final place in the semi-finals and lucky star to light us into the final four is - desu............

500UP AT AS

Last edited by RJ TAYLER; 2012-10-29 at 08:51.
Old 2012-10-29, 09:05   Link #1997
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

総投票数:617レス 最終有効投票:#97-403

1位 328票 竹井久@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A
2位 289票 シャナ@灼眼のシャナIII -Final-

What a Sakifest...
Old 2012-10-29, 09:06   Link #1998
Hachiko
The Akita

Welcome back, and we can tell you that Hisa Takei has defeated Shana 328-289. It's officially Sakimoe 2012 here in Japan.
Old 2012-10-29, 09:08   Link #1999
stormtrooper

Round 2 Picks (17-15), Predictions (25-7)
Round 3 Picks (11-5), Predictions (11-5)
Round 4 Picks (5-3), Predictions (6-2)
Playoffs Picks (3-1), Predictions (3-1)

Since 4-0 is too mainstream.

Saki completes QF sweep. Mission Complete. Sakimoe reigns supreme.
Old 2012-10-29, 09:08   Link #2000
RJ TAYLER

I said it before and I'll say it again, a round earlier than this year. GAME OVER PLAYER TWO!
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament