AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-02, 19:10   Link #281
Wandering Soul

I feel bad for Alexis. This series just wants to kick him while he's down.

On the plus side, we finally got Theo and Siluca confessing how they feel about each other. It's the heartwarming relationship Alexis wanted with Marianne, but alas, the author had other plans.
Old 2018-03-02, 19:22   Link #282
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I feel bad for Alexis. This series just wants to kick him while he's down.
I kinda feel bad for him too, but ultimately, neither he nor Marinne would fight for their love, and it doomed them. But Marinne at least fights for a greater cause. What's Alexis' excuse?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 19:28   Link #283
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
I understand why she did it (she wants to win no matter what to unite the entire continent) so I can't exactly hate her for it. However, that scene still disgusts me. So I'm feeling really conflicted... Why, Marinne? *sigh*

On the other hand, that scene between Theo and Siluca left me squirming with joy for a quite a while. It was so cute and good! Never expected Theo to be that upfront about it. He really is the type that is humble (letting those with talents do what they do best instead of him) yet also knows when to act. Silica was so confused and blushed the entire time unlike Theo, lol!
The sad thing is that it shows that her love ends where her ambitions begin.

Alexis on the other hand at least tried to get out of his role as union leader so he could switch to the alliance and be able to marry her.
In other word, its fair to assume she would have actually cheated on Alexis to advance her position were they married.
Alexis on the other hand seems like the kind of guy who'd even be naive enough to even forgive her. - tbh even Aishela would imho be a better partner for him.

That much at least comes from what we have seen. I still think Alexis is kinda suspicious though.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 19:36   Link #284
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The sad thing is that it shows that her love ends where her ambitions begin.

Alexis on the other hand at least tried to get out of his role as union leader so he could switch to the alliance and be able to marry her.
In other word, its fair to assume she would have actually cheated on Alexis to advance her position were they married.
Maybe not. I think seeing her father murdered changed her. If that hadn't happened, who knows?

Or if it had happened, but they'd both chosen to get married anyway by trampling the dissenters just as hard as she trampled the lord in this ep, maybe she wouldn't have needed to cheat on him.
Old 2018-03-02, 19:52   Link #285
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe not. I think seeing her father murdered changed her. If that hadn't happened, who knows?

Or if it had happened, but they'd both chosen to get married anyway by trampling the dissenters just as hard as she trampled the lord in this ep, maybe she wouldn't have needed to cheat on him.
That's what I'm thinking, too. She was really happy during their wedding ceremony. But after her father and Alexis' father was killed, in her mind, she probably thought that there is something much more sinister behind it all and unless she can destroy it, Alexis and her can never truly be happy. So I guess she lost all confidence that she can fight it as she was then. Especially since both of their fathers are someone who are both powerful politically and physically (size of their crests) and experienced were still killed that easily together. Even Alexis didn't seem awfully surprised when she turned down his gesture to continue the marriage. So... I pity them both. I hope that Theo and Siluca can bring these two the happiness that they actually want.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 19:55   Link #286
zztop

The upcoming Vol 10 of Grancrest's LN will apparently conclude the series, given the synopsis on Kadokawa's website. It releases this 20th March 2018.
https://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/321711001090/

It's possible the anime could adapt up to Vol 10, thus getting a conclusive ending for the anime version.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 19:58   Link #287
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

She has yet to cheat on him, as they weren't actually a couple anymore.

And no, Marianne's 'I will succeed the Alliance Leader' thing always had top priority for her.
There wasn't a single moment in the anime where she was shown thinking of just screwing her position like Alexis did.
Lets also not forget that Alexis father got murdered too.

All that makes their former relationship look rather one-sided,like she was just going with the flow.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 23:04   Link #288
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
The upcoming Vol 10 of Grancrest's LN will apparently conclude the series, given the synopsis on Kadokawa's website. It releases this 20th March 2018.
https://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/321711001090/

It's possible the anime could adapt up to Vol 10, thus getting a conclusive ending for the anime version.
at this point is pretty obvious they are aiming to anime the whole serie in the anime, otherwise don't make sense the insane amount of rush they did in 9 episodes, they pretty much want to have the end or at last very close to it, even if it will cost more "rushed/skipped material, i really can see it happening here.
Old 2018-03-02, 23:07   Link #289
Magewolf

I am having a hard time understanding Marianne's motivation. If she just wanted to unite the crests at all costs she would have been better off to go with the marriage and then crush all opposition while looking like the good guy.

If she was afraid of assassination, what is going to stop the chaos forces from knocking her off at just the right time in her conquest to lead to a free for all power vacuum just as easily?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 00:40   Link #290
Applehell

The scene with Theo and Siluca was pretty nice, it would been better had it not been a tad clumsily leading up to the execution tho. I mean are you seriously telling me miss Rainbow Mage who supposedly skilled in all fields of magic can't use a basic fire spell to light wood?

Well at least Theo was kind of interesting for first time for me simply for the fact he actually seems to have some awareness and perspective regarding the people around him.

And certainly expect the end of the episode to go there!

It might a little more explicit than need to be though.

On a boarder topic as far as "peace" between the Union and Alliance is concerned that's pipe dream at this point as long as Marinne sits at the top of Alliance. She's now shone that she is willing to defy what amounts to the Genevra Convention in their world and making irreversible personal sacrifices to win. The episode metaphorically is the point of no return for her and everything is a means to end. Considering that she is very much a dutiful kind of person to her vassals, Marinne also can't stop because she bears the guilt of sacrificing them to win this war. Even if Alexis forgives her, Marinne is type of person who forgive herself if ends in vain. Milza's betrayal pretty much means Villar's death flag has been activated. I will be very surprised if he survives this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I am having a hard time understanding Marianne's motivation. If she just wanted to unite the crests at all costs she would have been better off to go with the marriage and then crush all opposition while looking like the good guy.

If she was afraid of assassination, what is going to stop the chaos forces from knocking her off at just the right time in her conquest to lead to a free for all power vacuum just as easily?
Moreover the ones who behind the assassination is still out there and they very likely wanted something like this to happen. Marinne concerning herself, they can bide their time as weakens the Lords for them and swoop in when the time is right. Marrine will probably get never her achieve her ambition becasue she has been setup from the start.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-03-03 at 01:10.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 03:28   Link #291
0rphen
LuRkEr

Alexis X Marrine RIP.

should have read the forums first before watching that now i m depressed

0rphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 04:23   Link #292
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's funny that we're so shocked about that that we give her a complete pass for using the equivalent of chemical weapons.
Old 2018-03-03, 04:51   Link #293
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

They surely boost things on purpose and it was a good choice, it pay back with lot of attention (i laught very hard to some comment around the communities expecially the 1 post accounts created for trolling).
Let be honest here, this serie at least till now, was very generic and mediocre even with the fast pace, i'm just watching it to kill 20 minutes on friday evening and expecting nothing, very far from the other gem of the same author Lodoss Senki. So kudos on the animators to try to spicy things up, hopefully the plot escalate for the better now since seems they will adapt the whole 10 volumes.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 05:32   Link #294
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Banned

Wow, I consider this the best episode of Grancrest so far. And the animation and art direction is still top notch too (and yes, that includes Mirza & Marinne's loveless sex scene). They really did a good job to portray the eerie nature of it. What I appreciate about it is that it's not a rape scene like in a certain mecha anime & wuxia story. Marinne wanted Mirza's favor so badly to the point where she thinks it's worth sacrificing her one virginity because, at the end of the day, some ambitious women might think that (outside from psychological & sentimental value), virginity is not worth that much compared to one's ambition or career. And Mirza didn't even need to force his way through anything to get that piece of fine lady. Marinne practically came to him outta nowhere. He just kneeled and asked her fair and square for a one-night-stand with his loyalty as a bargaining chip and she simply agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
I understand why she did it (she wants to win no matter what to unite the entire continent) so I can't exactly hate her for it. However, that scene still disgusts me. So I'm feeling really conflicted... Why, Marinne? *sigh*
Her using that dirty miasma method to kill her enemies disgust me even more. So I think her being stripped off her virginity lovelessly is a deserving punishment. One can even argue that it's still too good for her since her virginity actually bought her a great boost for her ambition in the form of Mirza.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 06:35   Link #295
bodo
No Harem No Life

After episode 8 this … hard-core trolling , it wasn’t bad at all , they just changed ‘causes are what get people killed’ into ‘causes are what get people NTRed’ ; now I'm more curios how things will end between Chuuko hime and Cherry boy blondie ouji.
The ‘interweb’ is full of funny comments after this episode …
Old 2018-03-03, 07:16   Link #296
Ultragunner

for a moment there, I thought I was watching Berserk

shiettt...that really came out of nowhere

well, now that's a contrast to Theo and Siluca. It would be quite ironic if Theo, who held no big ambition, will end up on top, instead of Marine, who seemed to be willing to do anything, even discarding her own self and feelings.
Old 2018-03-03, 07:48   Link #297
0rphen
LuRkEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
It would be quite ironic if Theo, who held no big ambition, will end up on top, instead of Marine, who seemed to be willing to do anything, even discarding her own self and feelings.
sssshhhh don't jinx it!

0rphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 08:41   Link #298
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

I assumed someone here who haven't read the novel before will have quite unpleasant feeling at the sex scene in the end .

Never take virginity too highly .

When will Theo takes spot light , he is blood damn too slow to grow ...
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 08:48   Link #299
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

For novel readers, what volume are we currently? It seems like volume 10 is the last volume. Seeing how fast the pacing is, I would guess it would end in 24 episodes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
well, now that's a contrast to Theo and Siluca. It would be quite ironic if Theo, who held no big ambition, will end up on top, instead of Marine, who seemed to be willing to do anything, even discarding her own self and feelings.
There's a big chance of this happening lol

my anime list kuroneko my manga list

Last edited by Lexxus; 2018-03-03 at 08:59.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 09:42   Link #300
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Theo vs Mirza round 2 is happening