Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-03, 19:19   Link #1
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Sky Girls TV Series

Many may be familiar with the Sky Girls OVA, which was short but oh so sweet. Well it's official now that there will be a TV Series of Sky Girls including a new character named Elise. The following information comes from a post made by Eggplant on the Newly Announced Series Thread:

Quote:
スカイガールズ
Sky Girls

The TV anime adaptation of the previously released OVA originally created by Konami.

Broadcast: July 2007

ANN OVA Synopsis

Staff
Director: Iwasaki Yoshiaki (Love HIna, Rikujou Boueitai Mao-chan, Bottle Fairy, Doki Doki School Hours, The Best Student Council, The Famiar of Zero)
Series Composition: Yoshioka Takao (Refrain Blue, Ikki Tousen, Mezzo, Elfen Lied, DearS, Major 2nd Season, Yoshinaga-san 'Chi no Gargoyle, The Familiar of Zero, Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny)
Character Design/Animation Director: Iwakura Kazunori (Ai Tori Aoshi, Gunparade March, AI Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~, Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, Loveless)
Animation Studio: J.C. Staff

Cast
Sakurano Otoha: Kawasumi Ayako
Sonomiya Karen: Gotou Saori
Ichijou Eika: Itou Shizuka
Elise: Tsuji Ayumi
Tougou Souya: Fujiwara Keiji
Hayami Takumi: Shiraishi Ryouko
Tachibana Ryouhei: Taniyama Kishou
Fujieda Nanae: Horie Yui

OP: "Virgin's high!" by MELL
ED: TBA by Gotou Saori
This is an incredible amount of information and the series is planned to air in July, which is only a month away. Amazing! I for one am super psyched about this fusion of Mecha and Loli character, my two favourite things in anime. This series is sure to be a weekly drug for me once it airs. One month almost seems like an eternity.

Also I'm a bit worried that this series may come under target from the recent wave of anti-lolicon campaigning and awareness following the whole Kodomo No Jikan fiasco. Hopefully nothing derails or interferes with the plans that Loli Staff has for this series.
Old 2007-06-03, 19:29   Link #2
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Hmm. The OVA was... odd. But, I'll likely end up following this... I'm probably following worse at the moment, anyway. ^^;
Old 2007-06-04, 00:14   Link #3
Kensuke

All I can say is that I am looking forward to this series.

Konami's site has some pictures, bishounen and this new girl, her full name is Elise von Dietrich, a German I guess.

As far as I know, this is an original anime project, not based on anything existing material, so those can be risky for studios. Well, I just hope we have a entertaining series.
Old 2007-06-04, 05:47   Link #4
cyth
Banned

On i-revo a promotional video is now being hosted now. It has some new scenes but mostly from the OVA.
Old 2007-06-04, 09:52   Link #5
eggplant
Eggplant

Argh, I should have double checked my original post, so many typos

The TV series is slated for 26 episodes

http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/skygirls/entry/52.html

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2007-06-04, 11:00   Link #6
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Argh, I should have double checked my original post, so many typos

The TV series is slated for 26 episodes

http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/skygirls/entry/52.html
I had a premonition that it would be 26 episodes. Glad I was right because back when the OVA aired I felt a little short changed.
Old 2007-06-04, 11:09   Link #7
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I had a premonition that it would be 26 episodes. Glad I was right because back when the OVA aired I felt a little short changed.
I felt the same way about the OVA. It made me wonder to no end if there was going to be more episodes. Aside from the Loli + Mecha combo, which I don't mind , the story seemed rather interesting, as well as the tech involved.

Now, with this announcement, we can find out more about the story. July must come faster. >_<
Old 2007-06-12, 08:34   Link #8
cyth
Banned

I found this small piece of information on Famitsu today:

The ending theme for the Sky Girls TV series is named True Blue and it's going to be performed by Gotou Saori who is also Sonomiya Karen-chan's seiyuu. <3 She also performed the OVA's ending theme, which was called Shooting star.
Virgin's high! (by MELL) was already mentioned as the opening theme for the TV series.

BTW, Elize (the blonde character) looks so darn cute from those design drafts. <3 Hoping for another tsuntsun "forehead-chan" like Minase Iori from the Aimasu anime. Elize's seiyuu, Tsuji Ayumi, played mostly minor roles in the anime world. Her recently completed one was Venus Versus Virus' Laura/Lola.
Old 2007-06-18, 06:51   Link #9
cyth
Banned

And some more screenshots on Famitsu.
Old 2007-06-18, 15:02   Link #10
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Hmm, my guess is that Otoha likes diving, and C-130 Hercules is still in use in 2074.
Who are the staff in the last picture?
Old 2007-06-18, 15:20   Link #11
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Is that a Loli in an Officer's Uniform. So they have them not just piloting but in positions of influence too. That's kind of funny actually. The Sky Girls world reminds me very much of the future in Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan.
Old 2007-06-19, 19:46   Link #12
DangerMouse

Nice! I'm glad it's getting at least 26 episodes so it can really take advantage of expanding into a TV series.
Old 2007-06-21, 11:59   Link #13
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Ooooooooooo, can't wait! ^_^

I only wish they'd make a Strike Witches series, too... >_>

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-06-21, 14:56   Link #14
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i loved the ova! lolis and mecha makes a really good combo imo

and speaking about that i watched the PV for this...even though the are mostly screens from the ova i still loved it...and the song rocks! ^.^

~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-02, 07:37   Link #15
Zarifar
*Fansubber

Anyone watched the PV and can't help but feel the song "Baby's Tears" is familiar halfway through? Yeah, it's the same singer, Riyu Kosaka, that sung the ed for Claymore. This song was released in 2006 though...
Old 2007-07-02, 08:29   Link #16
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarifar View Post
Anyone watched the PV and can't help but feel the song "Baby's Tears" is familiar halfway through? Yeah, it's the same singer, Riyu Kosaka, that sung the ed for Claymore. This song was released in 2006 though...
More trivia: KONAMI originally used Baby's Tears as a Dance Dance Revolution song on their SuperNova arcade dance machine. It was sung in both Japanese and English.
Old 2007-07-02, 09:22   Link #17
Zarifar
*Fansubber

Oh, it just occured to me... that PV vid, is for the OVA ;p Sorry to burst your bubbles though. I didn't even realise until someone notified me too.

Last edited by Zarifar; 2007-07-02 at 09:25. Reason: posted screenshot for dvd promo
Old 2007-07-03, 00:05   Link #18
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
i think ill check it out,and while im at it ill be watching the OVA
Old 2007-07-03, 21:45   Link #19
Dark Wing

OMG! O_O One of my many dreams have finally come true...Sky Girls the series! I can't with for this to be subbed! The lolis and mecha is pure win and on top of that a new character. Sub someone plz sub!
Old 2007-07-05, 14:44   Link #20
Kensuke

Raw for episode 1 is out, now let's see is this any good.
Closed Thread

Tags
loli, mecha