AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 06:25   Link #1541
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

I also have a question... would they ever elaborate on the Laughing Coffin crusade (as in, not simply talking about it)? I've been curious as to how the events exactly played out and what lead up to it.
Old 2012-07-25, 07:19   Link #1542
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
As much as I like Sinon.. it's not gonna happen.
Sinon is the best character, and therefore deserves better than Kirito.

Jokes aside, I'm not even sure she really likes him that way. She made that one comment in Calibur, but it was also clearly teasing him since she could barely hold back her laughter afterward. And she said he reminded her of her mother. I think they're just close friends. It wouldn't have been impossible for them to fall in love with each other if Asuna had never existed in the first place, but now that they've met and interacted as they have, their relationship wouldn't change even if Asuna disappeared. If that makes sense to anyone else.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:24   Link #1543
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyulutfi View Post
Question : so does anyone know the name of the sword Kirito got in Underworld?

So that mean most of it already decided huh, just developing the story.
Apparently Kirito's black sword in Aincrad got some attention in this novel, I'd lol if the name is Elucidator (or he chose and named it)
Old 2012-07-25, 14:43   Link #1544
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyulutfi View Post
Question : so does anyone know the name of the sword Kirito got in Underworld?
It is still unnamed as of vol.10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Apparently Kirito's black sword in Aincrad got some attention in this novel, I'd lol if the name is Elucidator (or he chose and named it)
Naw, it was just briefly mentioned how the two sword are similar in that they're both black, and that when he first touched this new sword he felt a connection to it, just like he did with the Elucidator, the Anneal Blade, the Dark Repulsor, Excalibur etc etc.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 15:32   Link #1545
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

I find that the author of this story looooves to time skip. I've mentioned this many times but, we never did learn fully about life in Aincard and even now it's pretty damn hard to relate the word 'Death Game' to that particular arc. Someone probably complained a lot about that and he was obedient for the next few volumes, and then his hands got itchy again and made time skip official in Alicization arc. >_>

Kirito was trapped in Fluctlight for 8 years. He understands that time in real life has only passed 18 hours but honestly... it didn't feel like he miss Asuna and the others much. It wasn't quite mentioned in Volume 10. What WAS mentioned however, was that he was starting to get very used to the new world with his new friends and is no longer sure whether he wants to go back... while actually promising halfheartedly that he would not leave even after they've accomplished their objective...
Old 2012-07-25, 15:37   Link #1546
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
I find that the author of this story looooves to time skip. I've mentioned this many times but, we never did learn fully about life in Aincard
well the author is filling in the floors 1-74 with the Side Stories.

First Day/Aria is Floor 1
Rondo is floor 2
Concerto is Floor 3-9
Old 2012-07-25, 15:58   Link #1547
ZIK5ZIK

Quote:
I find that the author of this story looooves to time skip. I've mentioned this many times but, we never did learn fully about life in Aincard and even now it's pretty damn hard to relate the word 'Death Game' to that particular arc. Someone probably complained a lot about that and he was obedient for the next few volumes, and then his hands got itchy again and made time skip official in Alicization arc. >_>

Kirito was trapped in Fluctlight for 8 years. He understands that time in real life has only passed 18 hours but honestly... it didn't feel like he miss Asuna and the others much. It wasn't quite mentioned in Volume 10. What WAS mentioned however, was that he was starting to get very used to the new world with his new friends and is no longer sure whether he wants to go back... while actually promising halfheartedly that he would not leave even after they've accomplished their objective...
He will want to be together with Asuna
ZIK5ZIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:22   Link #1548
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
well the author is filling in the floors 1-74 with the Side Stories.

First Day/Aria is Floor 1
Rondo is floor 2
Concerto is Floor 3-9
I know. You also understand that it's not nearly close to being enough, right?
Old 2012-07-25, 16:27   Link #1549
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIK5ZIK View Post
He will want to be together with Asuna
One would certainly hope so. Unless he plans to write about him choosing this world over the other and gets over Asuna. Which would make me furious and be quite heart breaking for Asuna.

Would anyone actually enjoy an ending like that?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 17:03   Link #1550
kivredia

Quote:

Wait, what? 8 Years? There's some really bad inconsistency here. When he was in the real world after SOA he was a complete mess after being separated from Asuna for a few months. Alright there was the "small" problem that she didn't wake up with him and he didn't know what happened to her but honestly this is just messed up.

He was always like:"she's the most important for me, bla bla" and now he didn't see her for 8 years and its suddenly:"yeah, no big deal. Everythings fine.". Additionally they decided to go to USA together in Vol. 9 Interlude and stuff.

If this is true I'll be totally disappointed by the author. It just doesn't make any sense apart from Kirito going totally mental which imo would be fine and explain a lot of things. I mean, Asura will find out how much time has passed for him and of course she will also say:"Yeah, don't sweat it. Everything's fine.".

Yeah this is a LN and stuf so I don't expect it to be rational, logical or whatever for most of the time but thats just a little too convenient. So far the romance actually was pretty nice, especially since they weren't all lovey dovey all the time, but this?
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 19:26   Link #1551
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Eh, there's no way to avoid timeskip for Kirito. Remember, time for him is moving along thousands of times faster than everyone else in the real world. You'd literally have to dedicate a couple volumes to Kirito with every chapter of material for Asuna without time skips. As it is, most of volume 10 is already dedicated to Kirito's side of things, most of which are materials that wasn't in the web novel - which had a straight 2 year timeskip for Kirito from the events in vol.9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Wait, what? 8 Years? There's some really bad inconsistency here. When he was in the real world after SOA he was a complete mess after being separated from Asuna for a few months. Alright there was the "small" problem that she didn't wake up with him and he didn't know what happened to her but honestly this is just messed up.

He was always like:"she's the most important for me, bla bla" and now he didn't see her for 8 years and its suddenly:"yeah, no big deal. Everythings fine.". Additionally they decided to go to USA together in Vol. 9 Interlude and stuff.
Because it's not true. The total time period for Kirito covered in vol.10 is 2 years, which saw him and Eugeo make their from that tiny village to being members in a larger town's guard contingent, and from there entering into the imperial academy, 750km away from the village they first started at, and ends with the end of their first year there.

And no, he's not exactly fine with being separated from the rest of friends and Asuna for so long, but there is nothing for him to RESOLVE POWER through this time either.
Old 2012-07-26, 00:27   Link #1552
astray71

Quote:
The hell? Kirito's trapped for 8 years? I haven't finished volume 9, but seriously? What's going on in this arc? Gotta go read...
astray71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 00:32   Link #1553
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by astray71 View Post
The hell? Kirito's trapped for 8 years? I haven't finished volume 9, but seriously? What's going on in this arc? Gotta go read...
He didn't >_>

It was 2 years in Underworld's accelerated time at the end of of vol.10, while it's only been a week or so in the real world.
Old 2012-07-26, 00:39   Link #1554
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
He didn't >_>

It was 2 years in Underworld's accelerated time at the end of of vol.10, while it's only been a week or so in the real world.
Not even a week lol, a week would mean 18 years have gone by in Underworld (That's what's the 1st chapter said anyway, 980 hours = 18 years in Underworld = roughly a week in real life)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 01:11   Link #1555
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Not even a week lol, a week would mean 18 years have gone by in Underworld (That's what's the 1st chapter said anyway, 980 hours = 18 years in Underworld = roughly a week in real life)
Naw, it was at least a week from the Asuna/Shino/Suguha discussion (at which point Kirito has long since been hauled off to Ocean Turtle) 'til Asuna and Rinko arrived at OT, since Asuna told Kikouka that they altered the picture of Rinko's assistant in CalTech's database a week ago.

Remember they can adjust the accelration ratio at will, they probably turned it way down as to not burn through Kirito's fluctlight capacity while giving his brain enough time to regenerate.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:43   Link #1556
tomtkp

SAO's thrashing of the light novel sales ranking continues on for the second week.

Quote:
Oricon Weekly Books Ranking (July 16th - July 22nd) :

5th - SAO 10 Alicization Running (Weekly: 25400 copies, Cumulative: 134631 copies)

6th - SAO 1 Aincrad (Weekly: 25245 copies, Cumulative: 266614 copies)

7th - SAO 2 Aincrad (Weekly: 23270 copies, Cumulative: 222545 copies)

8th - SAO 3 Fairy Dance (Weekly: 20479 copies, Cumulative: 201971 copies)

11th - SAO 4 Fairy Dance (Weekly: 18630 copies, Cumulative: 195826 copies)

17th - SAO 5 Phantom Bullet (Weekly: 15594 copies, Cumulative: 180540 copies)

19th - SAO 6 Phantom Bullet (Weekly: 13956 copies, Cumulative: 174466 copies)

23rd - SAO 7 Mother's Rosario (Weekly: 12329 copies, Cumulative: 168013 copies)

25th - SAO 8 Early and Late (Weekly: 11702 copies, Cumulative: 168154 copies)

27th - SAO 9 Alicization Beginning (Weekly: 10951 copies, Cumulative: 167681 copies)
Another 152 thousand copies sold last week. Man, Kawahara-sensei and Dengeki really win big this time.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:21   Link #1557
kivredia

Quote:
Eh, there's no way to avoid timeskip for Kirito. Remember, time for him is moving along thousands of times faster than everyone else in the real world. You'd literally have to dedicate a couple volumes to Kirito with every chapter of material for Asuna without time skips. As it is, most of volume 10 is already dedicated to Kirito's side of things, most of which are materials that wasn't in the web novel - which had a straight 2 year timeskip for Kirito from the events in vol.9.

Because it's not true. The total time period for Kirito covered in vol.10 is 2 years, which saw him and Eugeo make their from that tiny village to being members in a larger town's guard contingent, and from there entering into the imperial academy, 750km away from the village they first started at, and ends with the end of their first year there.

And no, he's not exactly fine with being separated from the rest of friends and Asuna for so long, but there is nothing for him to RESOLVE POWER through this time either.
Well, I was responding to Craxuan's post where he said it was 8 years and the other stuff. I'm only able to read the LN in english so I'm stuck at Vol. 9. But if Vol. 10 covers two years its possible that it will be longer.

I don't really understand what you want to tell me with that RESOLVE POWER part of your post.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:15   Link #1558
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Well, I was responding to Craxuan's post where he said it was 8 years and the other stuff. I'm only able to read the LN in english so I'm stuck at Vol. 9. But if Vol. 10 covers two years its possible that it will be longer.

I don't really understand what you want to tell me with that RESOLVE POWER part of your post.
It was simply easier to just address both posts at the same time. As far as your post is concerned, I was just saying that Kirito was in fact not fine having been separated from Asuna and the rest, and despite him doing everything he can, there is only so much he can do this time around. Underworld is not a VRMMO, Kirito doesn't have any special OP powers (relatively speaking anyway...for now), there is no super-villains (or is there?) to defeat that would release him from UW, he is literally powerless as far as removing himself from UW is concerned. Not that it would do him any good if he could, as he'd just come back to a damaged brain and go back into a coma anyway.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:15   Link #1559
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
SAO's thrashing of the light novel sales ranking continues on for the second week.

Another 152 thousand copies sold last week. Man, Kawahara-sensei and Dengeki really win big this time.
Damn, now if ONLY there was an official English release

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 03:22   Link #1560
kivredia

Quote:
It was simply easier to just address both posts at the same time. As far as your post is concerned, I was just saying that Kirito was in fact not fine having been separated from Asuna and the rest, and despite him doing everything he can, there is only so much he can do this time around. Underworld is not a VRMMO, Kirito doesn't have any special OP powers (relatively speaking anyway...for now), there is no super-villains (or is there?) to defeat that would release him from UW, he is literally powerless as far as removing himself from UW is concerned. Not that it would do him any good if he could, as he'd just come back to a damaged brain and go back into a coma anyway.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I just got a little mad at the prospect of the stuff that Craxuan posted. Imagine that would be actually true, a lot of people wouldn't like it.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality