AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-09-17, 00:40   Link #5081
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

She would.....that guy is ridiculously broken and that's not counting his nature as essentially the fighter in Snake's personal Trinity. The large tower that Shin Tetsu Nyoi became in the final campaign? Well it can also make multiple copies of itself judging from Eternal Song.....so just how varied its forms are, while unknown, is definitely enough to put Sydonay in the upper end of the series cast
Old 2017-09-17, 03:10   Link #5082
lucasdeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
She would.....that guy is ridiculously broken and that's not counting his nature as essentially the fighter in Snake's personal Trinity. The large tower that Shin Tetsu Nyoi became in the final campaign? Well it can also make multiple copies of itself judging from Eternal Song.....so just how varied its forms are, while unknown, is definitely enough to put Sydonay in the upper end of the series cast
as far my research is. shana is around 17 years old or 18 so it means she could train in the future and get stronger and be able to defeat him if im not mistaken right? after all she's the great one
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 05:44   Link #5083
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

She can potentially surpass him yes since she is Alastor's container while he essentially represents a fragment of the Snake's power. But IMO, not at the state she is at when Xanadu was created. In fact during that war, any one of the Four Gods was stronger than her
Old 2017-09-18, 11:32   Link #5084
Elf song

Quote:
Didn't Friagne get eaten by Alastor in S1 also?
Nah, she just stabs him and he just, well, dies.
I re-watched the 6th episode again and realized how anticlimactic it was
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 11:40   Link #5085
lucasdeis

Quote:
She can potentially surpass him yes since she is Alastor's container while he essentially represents a fragment of the Snake's power. But IMO, not at the state she is at when Xanadu was created. In fact during that war, any one of the Four Gods was stronger than her
I highly doubt she was weaker than the four gods
Old 2017-09-19, 00:12   Link #5086
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
I highly doubt she was weaker than the four gods
They always spoke of the 4 as the trump cards in the Flame Haze combat department. Shana was, to most other Flame Hazes, more of "last resort, summon Alastor" than anything else

And in actual battle, yeah those 4 are more destructive than Shana.....Each of them is the equivalent of an army in their own right. The Flame Hazes' whole "strategy" was to basically use those 4 to cull as much Crimson Denizens as possible before they all flee to Xanadu. To put into perspective, Shana herself never reached her full potential at all throughout the whole story. Even at the end it's clear she's still having a long way to go in terms of developing her potential compared to several other Flame Hazes / Crimson Lords (Mainly because she is the only one besides Yuji who is the container for a God)

Quote:
Nah, she just stabs him and he just, well, dies.
I re-watched the 6th episode again and realized how anticlimactic it was
Welp...S1 never really got any climax other than the Serei-den bit at the end

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2017-09-19 at 00:23.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 04:46   Link #5087
lucasdeis

Quote:
They always spoke of the 4 as the trump cards in the Flame Haze combat department. Shana was, to most other Flame Hazes, more of "last resort, summon Alastor" than anything else

And in actual battle, yeah those 4 are more destructive than Shana.....Each of them is the equivalent of an army in their own right. The Flame Hazes' whole "strategy" was to basically use those 4 to cull as much Crimson Denizens as possible before they all flee to Xanadu. To put into perspective, Shana herself never reached her full potential at all throughout the whole story. Even at the end it's clear she's still having a long way to go in terms of developing her potential compared to several other Flame Hazes / Crimson Lords (Mainly because she is the only one besides Yuji who is the container for a God)

I totally disagree with you
the reason why Shana never did such role is because she was never meant to. she is more than capable of doing what the Gods did those denizen were extremely weak

I am super sure it'd be a hard one Shana vs any God of Earth but no doubt she would win specially the Shana on Xanadu after 2 years of the war

about sydonay i am pretty sure, not 100% tho" that Shana could defeat him but it'd be extremely hard battle she "helped" to defeat him when he target Yuji with her flames and made Sydonay a good amount of damage even when he wasnt in her target and if margary could take him (she is obviously not as strong as Shana) then Shana could do it too

and about Sabracc. i think shana could ONLY take him down if she finds the way to "dissable" his spell where he's basicly inmortal
Old 2017-09-21, 04:58   Link #5088
lucasdeis

So i got a few pics from the novels. all in japanese but the source i got them it says only 15 or 20 pages were the story and i was like. wtf thats nothing for a novel. could this be just a short story or the source i got it from didnt give it to me fully?
Old 2017-09-21, 05:44   Link #5089
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I totally disagree with you
the reason why Shana never did such role is because she was never meant to. she is more than capable of doing what the Gods did those denizen were extremely weak

I am super sure it'd be a hard one Shana vs any God of Earth but no doubt she would win specially the Shana on Xanadu after 2 years of the war

about sydonay i am pretty sure, not 100% tho" that Shana could defeat him but it'd be extremely hard battle she "helped" to defeat him when he target Yuji with her flames and made Sydonay a good amount of damage even when he wasnt in her target and if margary could take him (she is obviously not as strong as Shana) then Shana could do it too

and about Sabracc. i think shana could ONLY take him down if she finds the way to "dissable" his spell where he's basicly inmortal
I'll just say go re-read vol 19-22 if you think the Four Gods are not critical to the Flame Haze order of battle (especially vol 21...the major chunk of it talks about mobilizing the Four Gods) If Shana was that strong a combatant they wouldn't have to depend so much on the Four Gods to counter Bal Masque's main forces. You might say Shana's job is to counter the Snake's Taimei Shihen but she could just as easily turn on the Bal Masque once that was done instead of having the Four Gods do so if she was that strong. Furthermore the rout at God's Gate wouldn't have happened if Shana were as capable of destroying an entire army as you claim. At the end of the day, has Shana ever demonstrated herself equal to an entire army? East Edge, West Shore, South Valley all have. And such firepower would have been most welcome when Bal Masque was crushing them when the Snake just returned.

And BTW, the last fight against Margery? Sydonnay actually wanted to die there so I won't say that's him going all out. Even Hecate didn't expect him to get beaten. In all other encounters between him and the main Flame Hazes including Shana since the Second War started, the Flame Hazes have always been sent fleeing

For Sabrac as long as you can destroy his real body, you can beat him

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2017-09-21 at 06:36.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 15:45   Link #5090
lucasdeis

Quote:
I'll just say go re-read vol 19-22 if you think the Four Gods are not critical to the Flame Haze order of battle (especially vol 21...the major chunk of it talks about mobilizing the Four Gods) If Shana was that strong a combatant they wouldn't have to depend so much on the Four Gods to counter Bal Masque's main forces. You might say Shana's job is to counter the Snake's Taimei Shihen but she could just as easily turn on the Bal Masque once that was done instead of having the Four Gods do so if she was that strong. Furthermore the rout at God's Gate wouldn't have happened if Shana were as capable of destroying an entire army as you claim. At the end of the day, has Shana ever demonstrated herself equal to an entire army? East Edge, West Shore, South Valley all have. And such firepower would have been most welcome when Bal Masque was crushing them when the Snake just returned.

And BTW, the last fight against Margery? Sydonnay actually wanted to die there so I won't say that's him going all out. Even Hecate didn't expect him to get beaten. In all other encounters between him and the main Flame Hazes including Shana since the Second War started, the Flame Hazes have always been sent fleeing

For Sabrac as long as you can destroy his real body, you can beat him
I totally agree with you on the Sydonnay wanted to die but what you said about the four Gods doesnt make sense. why would you want 4 extremely powerful lords in your side in a war? even if they are or not stronger than her. you'd always want them by your side and Shana was ready to go war without them.

Like the guy that read the last novel said Shana is the most OP Flame Haze atm and it makes sense not only she's the contractor of the most powerful Crimson God but also the Great one.

Indeed she's still very young i'd say she isnt even 10 years as flame haze probally she's around 18-20 years old.

I suppose debating if Shana was stronger than the 4 gods is actually stupid cause we will never know what is completely sure is that when she grows up she will be literally the strongest even more than sydonnay or 4 gods. because we agree on something she's still has potential to develop
Old 2017-09-21, 23:43   Link #5091
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It's not just wanting them on their side but how it was pretty much hopeless before the 3 of them (North Air is dead long ago) decided to join in

I read up to vol 22 and nothing contradicts what Elf Song said.... She is potentially the strongest Flame Haze around but she has not yet reached that point yet. Which isn't what I am talking about here. At that stage it's purely speculation assuming that the Snake or Alastor would be summoned down to start another war in Xanadu etc etc. Something beyond the point already of the current storyline
Old 2017-09-22, 03:00   Link #5092
lucasdeis

Quote:
It's not just wanting them on their side but how it was pretty much hopeless before the 3 of them (North Air is dead long ago) decided to join in

I read up to vol 22 and nothing contradicts what Elf Song said.... She is potentially the strongest Flame Haze around but she has not yet reached that point yet. Which isn't what I am talking about here. At that stage it's purely speculation assuming that the Snake or Alastor would be summoned down to start another war in Xanadu etc etc. Something beyond the point already of the current storyline
If alastor is the God that can kill Gods. were others Gods in the past then? does the novel says something about it?
Old 2017-09-22, 08:36   Link #5093
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

There's only Snake, Alastor and Saher that we know of. The one time Alastor is seen killing a powerful Lord is when he roasted Asiz and Toten Glocke. And even then, Asiz is not a God. Alastor is called that because he is the strongest in terms of offensive power and also his role as God of retribution. TBH, Alastor vs the Snake would be interesting to see.....it's not so clear cut a battle as it seems at first glance
Old 2017-09-26, 18:49   Link #5094
lucasdeis

Quote:
There's only Snake, Alastor and Saher that we know of. The one time Alastor is seen killing a powerful Lord is when he roasted Asiz and Toten Glocke. And even then, Asiz is not a God. Alastor is called that because he is the strongest in terms of offensive power and also his role as God of retribution. TBH, Alastor vs the Snake would be interesting to see.....it's not so clear cut a battle as it seems at first glance
actually in the epilogue of the volume 22 it is stated by the Snake itself that the only one to completely destroy him is Alastor also he was terribly scared when Shana mentioned the "Tenpa Jōsai" so its a no brainer to know that the Alastor is way stronger than the Snake
Old 2017-09-27, 05:52   Link #5095
Elf song

Quote:
So i got a few pics from the novels. all in japanese but the source i got them it says only 15 or 20 pages were the story and i was like. wtf thats nothing for a novel. could this be just a short story or the source i got it from didnt give it to me fully?
If you referred to the "Amphitheater" short story then, yes, that's the number of pages it has.

Quote:
Alastor had destroyed a portion of Psalms of Grand Order once before (it was always described as an"indestructible" spell as it was created by the Snake himself). That portion was actually the spell Asiz acquired and was going to use to create the "Heir to Both Worlds" during the first Great War.

When Alastor was summoned, he one-punched through Asiz and easily destroyed the spell he kept inside his body (it was depicted in Manga vol.5 where I couldn't managed to find a scan of it).
Old 2017-09-27, 22:40   Link #5096
lucasdeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
If you referred to the "Amphitheater" short story then, yes, that's the number of pages it has.

Alastor had destroyed a portion of Psalms of Grand Order once before (it was always described as an"indestructible" spell as it was created by the Snake himself). That portion was actually the spell Asiz acquired and was going to use to create the "Heir to Both Worlds" during the first Great War.

When Alastor was summoned, he one-punched through Asiz and easily destroyed the spell he kept inside his body (it was depicted in Manga vol.5 where I couldn't managed to find a scan of it).
so the whole novel is much bigger? like its not only amphitheater? is amphitheater the thing you described about yuji and shana being in a similary scenario as hope or the new novel itself is much bigger?

and are we maybe getting a summary from you if possible? you could say you're our only hope haha
Old 2017-09-28, 02:24   Link #5097
Elf song

Quote:
so the whole novel is much bigger? like its not only amphitheater? is amphitheater the thing you described about yuji and shana being in a similary scenario as hope or the new novel itself is much bigger?

and are we maybe getting a summary from you if possible? you could say you're our only hope haha
No news about the new "novel" as far as I know at the moment.

Still haven't got time to read it thoroughly so I might missed some details.
If you want fast summary then:
Spoiler for Amphitheater:
Old 2017-09-28, 04:56   Link #5098
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Yeah but actually facing the Snake himself is another thing entirely. Especially since the latter can create something like Xanadu.... Which implies a whole lot of power at his disposal

BTW, is it explained why there's such a thing as school in Xanadu? It is a mirror of the actual world but what's the point? Did it mention why Flame Hazes and Tomogara would want human lifestyles (especially Tomogara since didn't their wishes shape Xanadu)
Old 2017-09-28, 06:32   Link #5099
lucasdeis

Quote:
No news about the new "novel" as far as I know at the moment.

Still haven't got time to read it thoroughly so I might missed some details.
If you want fast summary then:
Spoiler for Amphitheater:
so as far as you mentioned it ends a bit "open" about dantalion and the Chorde

also just 15 pages? i am impress how short it was so this clearly could deliver to more story and i hope so

1 more question. how did exactly end? like shana felt a faint reaction and what next? she said something or it ended right there?
Old 2017-09-28, 07:00   Link #5100
Elf song

Quote:
Yeah but actually facing the Snake himself is another thing entirely. Especially since the latter can create something like Xanadu.... Which implies a whole lot of power at his disposal
One is good at creating, another is good at destroying thing. I'd love to see them battling each other too

Quote:
BTW, is it explained why there's such a thing as school in Xanadu? It is a mirror of the actual world but what's the point? Did it mention why Flame Hazes and Tomogara would want human lifestyles (especially Tomogara since didn't their wishes shape Xanadu)
Many Crimson Denizens are always fascinated with humans and wanted to live/coexist in our world but the need of PoE to exist hindered their wishes and inevitably led to conflict with Flame Haze. So Xanadu is just the answer for everything they wished for.

With that being said, there are also some who still want to wreck havoc and devour people (mostly the "newcomers" who have never gone to our world). So Denizens from our world, plus Bal Masque members) later help Flame Haze controlling them.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen