AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-27, 17:13   Link #481
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yay a patch, and god tali is so awesome in ME2, hopefuly out relationship will grow more in ME3
Old 2010-01-27, 17:58   Link #482
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
on hardcore I' think Charge would be good for getting out of a hot spot.

how is hardcore even possible if u die in 3 shots?
You have to Charge to an enemy, so it usually just involves you charging into the fray and dying. There are some times where an enemy is off to the side, and you can charge to him and kill him, then take cover and start firing at enemies from the side, but it's much rarer. The problem is, it just doesn't do that much damage, and you still basically need to bring that people's shields first.

That's another problem with the harder difficulties. If you don't have enough copies of Overload to go around, you're going to be stuck there shooting people behind cover for a long time. Biotics DO NOT WORK unless their shields are down, and EVERYONE is shield. Shields also take forever to bring down compared to health if you don't have Overload. So things like Charge/Pull/Shockwave are USELESS until shields are down. However, once shields are down, there's no reason to use Charge because you can just Pull (it goes curves around cover) and just shoot people to death.

Sigh, they really didn't balance the game for the harder difficulties. Vanguard really needs some kind of tank skill, maybe if you charge, you have super armor and super speed for 3 seconds, so you can kill something and run back into cover.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 23:36   Link #483
killer3000ad

I found this site with plenty of acceptable faces made by other people. http://www.masseffect2faces.com/ Kudos to vesperknight on the official forums for putting the link up. For some reason my imported Shep's face is not transfering very well and cames out looking like crap in ME2.

Just copy the creation code and paste in ME2 during the customization section of the intro.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2010-01-28 at 00:14.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 03:19   Link #484
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

beat it, everyone lived almost shit my self when

Spoiler:

dont think i'll be able to romance anyone else but Tali now.
Old 2010-01-28, 10:15   Link #485
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

... You're insane.

Biggest bump I've encountered so far is that the Dragon armor isn't upgradable. I wonder how long it'll take before I drop it for the more customizable one.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 10:36   Link #486
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

So today I encountered my first bugs, which forced me to reload. The first was the classic "Stuck-in-the-scenery". Thrice. Luckily with autosaves just before it.

The second was "Press and hold F to finish mission" stopped working so had to reload since it was a closed room I couldn't get out of.

After those I've gone on for 3 hours and haven't encountered them again, luckily.

Also, I found an awesome combination of damage dealing with certain squadmates and their ammo powers. Electricity + Fire + Armor Piercing is quite lovely against synthetics. For more fleshy stuff I switch to Frost.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 11:58   Link #487
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I hate all you guys, most of you have played it and/or beat it while I still have to wait for it to come out tomorrow

Then I have to wait even longer to get my 360 back

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 12:21   Link #488
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Biggest bump I've encountered so far is that the Dragon armor isn't upgradable. I wonder how long it'll take before I drop it for the more customizable one.
It does suck that all the DLC armors in general aren't customizable unlike your normal N7 armor. I've only used the Terminus armor once before I switched back to my trusty customizable gear. They could've at least given you the option to choose whether to remove the helmet from them or not.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 13:32   Link #489
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Yay! Lucky!

I was shortly before the endbattle against the Archdemon in DA:O when the postman rang.

Installing ME2 as I type.
Old 2010-01-28, 13:36   Link #490
Atlanty
Artist wannabe

Send a message via MSN to Atlanty
Planning to buy ME2 :] Just asking, are the side missions as boring as ME1? You know, when u enter an underground or camp, whatever in ME1, it doesnt matter if its different planets, it always look the same o_o.
Atlanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 13:41   Link #491
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Nope. The sidemissions are vastly different and most of the time ties into the main story. Exploration is much improved IMO and you don't "land" unless you find an anomaly which isn't often. All the places I've been each scenario is different.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 15:47   Link #492
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
yay a patch, and god tali is so awesome in ME2, hopefuly out relationship will grow more in ME3
Quarian godess, no less
I think her side-mission story was most interesting, although I must admit others were super fun as well. Damn, BioWare has outdone himself.

I still have to get Thane before going on the ''real'' mission though, but can you tell me one little thing if you finished the game.
Spoiler for Tali question:

Spoiler for Garrus question:
Old 2010-01-28, 16:20   Link #493
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Quarian godess, no less
I think her side-mission story was most interesting, although I must admit others were super fun as well. Damn, BioWare has outdone himself.

I still have to get Thane before going on the ''real'' mission though, but can you tell me one little thing if you finished the game.
Spoiler for Tali question:

Spoiler for Garrus question:
yea, very emotional with Tali, I saw the trigger thing during that momment and slammed the HELL out if it XD
Old 2010-01-28, 18:35   Link #494
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Im conflicted..... Liara T'Soni, i was hoping we get to renew thier romance in ME2 but Tali is now a romance option for John Shepard. Grrr I like Tali in ME1 (was kinda upset that i could not go beyond friendship in the first one)

Quote:
heeeeeres TALI!

Love this picture of Tali...
Old 2010-01-28, 22:18   Link #495
Xion Valkyrie

Gotten everyone except for the 'spoiler' character. Haven't done any of the loyalty missions yet except for Zaheed's. About to start on them now.

Oh yeah, isn't it kind of weird that you're the savior of the universe and a Spectre, but nobody shows you any god damn respect? I mean, I went around on Citadel and most people either ignore me or treats me like some c-class celebrity. I mean, I'd want the level of respect that Samara has!
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 22:23   Link #496
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanty View Post
Planning to buy ME2 :] Just asking, are the side missions as boring as ME1? You know, when u enter an underground or camp, whatever in ME1, it doesnt matter if its different planets, it always look the same o_o.
As AtomicoX already explained, you no longer land on barren planets and drive around in a rover. Instead, you are instantly dropped into the place of interest on the planet via the Kodiak shuttle, and each place is unique on each planet, with their own objectives.

Spoiler for Scenario Example:

While it's a bit more "linear" than in ME1, the sidequests in ME2 have more variety, and more flavor.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 23:41   Link #497
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i Recommend doing loyalty quests as soon as you can, after a certain amount of events a Big event happens
Old 2010-01-29, 00:46   Link #498
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... You're insane.

why am i Insane?
Old 2010-01-29, 04:20   Link #499
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You beat the game in two days tops. Assuming it takes around 30/40 hours to finish the story, that means you either skipped a lot of dialog or spend 15/20 hours a day gaming.

Either way is insane.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 05:19   Link #500
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
silly Q, you canīt face redo when you import your save from MS1=
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2