AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-15, 22:15   Link #1921
Casshern

The macho/drunken husband/wife beater Kazuki was sooo hilarious... I mean what the hell, Kazuki has had so much character development it practically makes up for all the characters who've had zero development i.e everyone except Jin, Sakaki and Yuri.

And oh yes! I knew Kazuki would turn good again!
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 22:48   Link #1922
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ok well where to start? I dont want to give myself too much of a headache so ill make this brief. So here is what i took away from watching episodes 22 and 23 subbed back to back.

Thanatos sent the dragons to earth as a test it was a chance for humanity to possibly find what it has been lacking and as always we humans FAIL big time (we tend to do this failing thing a lot I noticed.) so now Thanatos wants to correct the mistake it made. Sighseriously it was not as bad as so of the other episodes but they were still pretty bad.

I could careless that Akira and Machina are a part of Thanatos now at least their back and Seiglinde is next in line for Jin if Toa doesn't make it god shes so cute it hurts sometimes but shes going to have competition given Kazuki basically confessed to Jin man that was so so sad
Old 2008-03-16, 01:19   Link #1923
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
The macho/drunken husband/wife beater Kazuki was sooo hilarious... I mean what the hell, Kazuki has had so much character development it practically makes up for all the characters who've had zero development i.e everyone except Jin, Sakaki and Yuri.

And oh yes! I knew Kazuki would turn good again!
Yeah of course i mean 'That's Enough!'.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 02:38   Link #1924
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Have I got this right, if the prof just gave back the eggs then Thantos wouldn't have come to earth?
Old 2008-03-16, 05:54   Link #1925
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Have I got this right, if the prof just gave back the eggs then Thantos wouldn't have come to earth?
That's what it looks like to me too. Thanatos considers the experiment a failure, so it wants to take back the unborn and cull the current generation. But Atrum/Nozaki considers the experiment a success so he wants to protect the dragons even if he has to destroy thanatos.

From what I understood thanatos deemed it a failure because humans used the dragons as tools and rejected the dragon's attempt to fill the emptiness of the human soul.

I think it's possible that Jin will end up with Sieglinde. When Toa was dressed up as Sieglinde during her fanservice, I thought it might be some kind of omen that Sieglinde would take Toa's place after Toa and the dragons are gone. On the other hand it was probably just comic relief.

The fanservice in this episode was really random. The Toa cosplay came out of nowhere while the bridge bunnies suddenly go Charlie's angels on the Gillard soldiers 5 seconds before the lindwurm unit appears. Well, it wasn't as pretentious as episode 16 at least: Akira - Damn, I wish there was a hotspring around here... *hotspring appears behind them*
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 06:15   Link #1926
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

LOL, so it's OFFICIAL, Kazuki LOVES Jin, LOL, so I was right all the time Kazuki is now the top Tsundere of all time I guess

So now the reasoning is that Gio is so STRONG because he's the incarnation of Kazuki's will to protect Jin

Ok maybe they'll pull a End of Evangelion ending where Thanatos destroys Earth and Jin and Kazuki becomes the only two survivors left to live happily ever after?

That is, unless, of course, Mr. Kyrill becomes the Messiah and saves the world

dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 07:37   Link #1927
Jeffry2009
Banned

my thought after i watched Double Dragon oopppss!! i mean Dragonaut 22 - 23

I'm back. So what i just missed last time? Widow is now vanished? To me, Kazuki is such an A-hole finally.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-03-16 at 07:49.
Old 2008-03-16, 17:30   Link #1928
DeotoxSlayer

so...did Infinite-Zero drop Dragonauts???
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 18:24   Link #1929
JiCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
so...did Infinite-Zero drop Dragonauts???
Not at all... you can even get a double dose of Dragonaut from Animesuki with episodes 22 & 23, courtesy of Infinite-Zero. He just got late and busy these last weeks, that's all.
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 21:05   Link #1930
grey_moon

Does anyone else think that infecting a dragon to try to infect Thanatos kinda stupid? The prof says that the dragons are created as probes. Even with us lowly humans when we probe for stuff we quarantine/decontaminate the probe before letting it near our population and even then we might not let it near us.... Only way that I would possibly accept that this plan would work is if Thanatos is stupid or over confident
Old 2008-03-16, 21:49   Link #1931
Jeffry2009
Banned

Question what are your thoughts about Kazuki

Pardon my interuption but about Kazuki Tachibana's behaviour thought i mean this is the most annoying character ever i mean he just try to 'steal' our focused storyline like Jin have to stop Gio then Kazuki intefered i mean That's Enough!! That thing becomes old fast till i'll force to given up watchin that show i mean how come the writers do something ridicolous like this? i mean but finally after i watched 23, Kazuki Finally snaps out after the lost of Widow and now finally comes back together with Kamishima-kun. He's now 'K-SICKO' no more to me. I mean thank god. Now only 2 episodes remaining. That's all i have to say guys.

LET'S STOP GIO FOR SURE!!!
Old 2008-03-17, 06:50   Link #1932
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Does anyone else think that infecting a dragon to try to infect Thanatos kinda stupid? The prof says that the dragons are created as probes. Even with us lowly humans when we probe for stuff we quarantine/decontaminate the probe before letting it near our population and even then we might not let it near us.... Only way that I would possibly accept that this plan would work is if Thanatos is stupid or over confident
Actually your right the Dragons are probes of Thanatos therefore it knows whats going on with them, especially the originals. Just like how all dragons can sense when Thanatos is near or when its communicating with them. Um sending a contaminated dragon back is one of the worst plans ever but then again we humans dont always make the best choices. After that long talk about Thanatos not thinking like a human because its not it seems everyone is still treating it as such.

But dont worry Grey_Moon there is light at the end of the tunnel the series is almost over
Old 2008-03-17, 09:54   Link #1933
Jeffry2009
Banned

DAMN THAT KAZUKI!!! FINALLY!
Old 2008-03-17, 11:45   Link #1934
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
Not quite.
Widow dies hugging Kazuki. In the end, she couldn't get him to understand that she loved him .
Since that was one of only about two scenes where she let anything of her feelings show and Kazuki is not terribly bright, it is not surprising he didn't understand.

Besides If I understood what happened with Akira and Machina correctly Widow has every chance of joining Asim and Garnet in coming back next episode.

As does every dead Dragon or Dragonaut with the possible exception of Sakaki and Laura/Raum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
From what I understood thanatos deemed it a failure because humans used the dragons as tools and rejected the dragon's attempt to fill the emptiness of the human soul.
Akira and Machina seemed a particularly inappropriate pair for Thantos to use as its spokesbeings for that.

Next week I predict Thantaos will use Asim as its spokesperson for understanding what other people think.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 13:41   Link #1935
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
But dont worry Grey_Moon there is light at the end of the tunnel the series is almost over
It is like watching a train wreck. I just can't stop watching
Old 2008-03-17, 14:15   Link #1936
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
It is like watching a train wreck. I just can't stop watching
So like me you were ready to torch the studio when they knocked off Machina and Akira. What are your thoughts now?
Old 2008-03-17, 15:55   Link #1937
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
this series is getting ridiculous.

I dunno why i still watcxh it, maybe its for Tor? maybe it's just for the dammn cool ending theme song? (FIGHT OR FLIGHT?!)

But it's certainly not for the characters, Gin is a moron, kazuki is a boy-love psycho and absolutely incomprehensible character.

The fight-transformation of the pilots on dragons still baffle me (how the %£% did you change into that suit?! How did you get on the draon? when did that dammn cockpit come from?! ) and the way the world handle things. (Gillhard Army? what? what happened to the U.N army? sheesh )

The only one i do understand is bloody Thanatos. You messed with it's babies, it tried to communicate with you, but in the end you went nazi on the eggs and tortured, interrogated, imprisons it's emissaries. what's not to hate about the human race?!

bloody hell, this anime really piss me off.

this is one of those series i won't hesitate to delete after the last eps come in.

godammit, if your gonna be a friend who wants to kill gin, just do it. Gin doesn't care why you gone mad, he doesn't know nothing, he's a bit thick. idiot.

idiot.
Old 2008-03-17, 16:27   Link #1938
Shobu

You people take this anime too seriously...this isnt Gundam or Macross. It's sci-fi/fantasy so the more wtf, the better.
Shobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 16:38   Link #1939
DeotoxSlayer

Yeah you really do seem to be taking this show too seriously oni (What your a demon ) This show is extremely stupid, but that's nothing to be worked up about, the only reason I still watch this show is because I don't like leaving anime series unfinished, and becuase it gives me a good thing to laughat after watching all these serious anime's.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 16:45   Link #1940
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobu View Post
You people take this anime too seriously...this isnt Gundam or Macross. It's sci-fi/fantasy so the more wtf, the better.
Says you the series started off serious and warped it self into something completely ludicrous. The genre has nothing to do with it look at how people are agonizing over Kimikiss. The problem is when the series first started it had great potential and most of us have stuck with it because we were hoping it would get back on track and in the end be something worth sticking around for, although from the way it looks we are not going to get that. The actual moral and theme behind dragonaut can actually be taking as a serious topic.

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi