AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-28, 15:11   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

K-On! - The Movie - Discussion Thread

A K-On! Movie has been announced with the airing of episode 26. Also see ANN.

Please use this thread to discuss about it.

MOD EDIT: Discussion for the BD/DVD release begins here.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-07-19 at 14:31.
Old 2010-09-28, 15:13   Link #2
Dr. Casey

This will be the greatest movie of all time.
Old 2010-09-28, 15:15   Link #3
Qikz

I seriously can't wait. I've been feeling rather ill with manflu all day, but hearing the anouncement made me jump up and actually fist pump. I just hope after the movie this isn't the true end. Hopefully if the Movie makes top en, they'll make some more manga/anime!
Old 2010-09-28, 15:15   Link #4
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I almost died, but then I remembered that I HAVE to see this. I'll die of happiness afterwards~
Old 2010-09-28, 15:21   Link #5
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Speaking of death, anyone know if that guy who threatened suicide over the end of the series followed through? If so, joke's on him after all.

Let the speculation commence regarding what the movie's content will be. Personally, I doubt it'll be a recap of any kind but if it is...hell, I'll still watch it and enjoy. If the animation is anywhere close to the level KyoAni brought to the Vanishment movie, this is going to be amazing to watch regardless of its story.
Old 2010-09-28, 15:22   Link #6
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

This is rather shocking.. Budokan anyone?
Old 2010-09-28, 15:24   Link #7
Sparvid
*hic*

Question #1 is when it will be released.

Checking Disappearance of Haruhi to compare KyoAni productions, that one was announced in October 2009 with a release date of "spring 2010", which later turned out to be February.
Old 2010-09-28, 15:31   Link #8
zette

Haven't seen episode 26 yet so seeing this thread here was a huge surprise, but all I can say is

FUUUUUUUUUCK YEAH
Old 2010-09-28, 15:37   Link #9
kitten320

For real? When will it be out and are there any ideas on what it will be about? Lik University years or something?
Old 2010-09-28, 15:38   Link #10
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

For any still in doubt...

Spoiler for Announcement:
Old 2010-09-28, 15:49   Link #11
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

This is . . . perplexing. A K-On . . . movie? How does one turn a slice-of-life moe-bait show like K-On into a movie? It's almost like trying to make a movie out of Seinfeld. Maybe if they made a mock documentary of Hokago Tea Time on tour, complete with flashbacks to earlier points in their career, goofy interviews with screaming, obsessed fans in a hilarious, ruthless, satire of otaku culture and rock documentaries. Why they could do an anime version of "This is Spinal Tap"! That'd be just awesome, and I'd pay good money to go see it in a theatre.

Alas, I'm expecting two hours of tea quaffing, cake munching, crumpet crunching, borderline-yuri, Mugi-vision-tastic antics, walking around, and cute moe-bait scenes as the girls struggle to overcome their inherent shiftless slackerdom to get ready for Budokan. Hopefully the movie budget will be such that they will be willing to work hordes of animators to their very deaths to make the most awesome-est fifteen minute long concert scene ever animated to end the movie with. If not, they'll cheap out and relentlessly recycle as much anime footage as possible, couching it in flashbacks and the movie will end with some cute and touching scene where the girls will go "wow, wasn't Budokan just freakin' awesome?" and the otaku will all scream "KAWAII!" and KyoAni will escape without having to actually animate much of the girls' performance at Budokan.

Don't get me wrong, I like K-ON! and I like the second season of K-ON!! even more. The movie announcement, however, makes me nervous.
Old 2010-09-28, 16:05   Link #12
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I'm with GMT on this, I seriously can't fathom what this movie will be about if they're not gonna do a recap or retelling.

I'd love to see it, and probably will regardless, but I'm not gonna expect much until I know more about it.
Old 2010-09-28, 16:19   Link #13
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
I'm not gonna criticize - seriously, this time. I'm just gonna say, the first image that came into my head was a Hollywood blockbuster blow'em up movie, probably because of that one trailer Sawako summarized in Episode 25 (I think?). lol Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's gonna be cheesy. It's just me daydreaming how cool it'd be (for me) if the script is written in like, a really epic sense. "K-On! The Movie! Hirasawa Yui! Akiyama Mio! After School Tea Time! BIG. BLOCK. LETTERS. Don't miss their finest performance! BOOM BOOM BAW!"

In all seriousness, I'm surprisingly expectant towards the coming of the movie. I've seen quite a few anime movies (though mostly just Detective Conan and Digimon movies) that really have something gratifying to reward you. Though this does not mean that the accompanying movies are better than the series (of course), you could usually find a really awesome factor in the movie the series normally doesn't have. Not like a filler, 'coz a filler just gets the plot moving. An anime movie, however, just feels... awesome.

Or perhaps it's just because I haven't the chance to watch an anime movie for a while. "Wow. K-On's got a movie." Just listen to the sound of that, and smile. Heh.

Last edited by WBoon; 2010-09-28 at 16:23. Reason: NvM
Old 2010-09-28, 16:47   Link #14
Chocolate Pocky

I haven't seen episode 26 yet, So When I saw this I was confused and Then I sqeeed. I'm like so happy. Hopefuly it comes out as a good movie. Considering it comes from my favorite animation studio, then I have high hopes
Old 2010-09-28, 17:08   Link #15
Sophrosyne
αφρονέω

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Why they could do an anime version of "This is Spinal Tap"!
And I was thinking about "All You Need Is Cash".
Old 2010-09-28, 17:42   Link #16
Peanutbutter

This could be great or this could be really damaging to Kyo-ani.

A slice of life anime as a movie?!?!
Old 2010-09-28, 17:43   Link #17
kitten320

Maybe their college years or some trip after graduation?
Old 2010-09-28, 18:39   Link #18
Tri-ring

Could it be a live action movie?
Old 2010-09-28, 18:47   Link #19
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Doubt it. Wouldn't be as interesting.
Old 2010-09-28, 18:57   Link #20
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Could it be a live action movie?