Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-04-30, 13:44   Link #3061
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Episode 77 is awesome! first off we get to see Gajeel's quest in search of a cat. Absolutely hilarious with how desperate he is. Then we get to see interactions of various characters, including Levy's group. (this group really needs more attention!)

the anime has made great improvement of the manga by adding in relevant foreshadowing. Just love it!

and then Mystogun shows up. At last.

I also like the new background music in this episode, esp the one used when Carles tells Happy off for not knowing anything.
Well, yes and no... I hate the anime for removing all reference to Gildartz before he showed up very randomly last episode in the anime. Since I can now say it, since it's no longer a spoiler, the manga was referencing Gildartz as far back as the start of Galuna Island arc when he was referred to as "that geezer" by Laxus. Though if I recall first real reference to his name was Gajeel commenting that Fairy Tail didn't bring Laxus, Mystogan, or Gildartz to attack Phantom. Now I do understand the reason why since back then they thought they where only getting one season and they didn't to bad of a job bringing him into the plot all things considered... but your right that they are adding needed foreshadowing in other places some even for the latest arc in the manga where this kinda foreshadowing would have made things so much better (of course I can't go into details here due to spoilers)... but at the least hopefully this implies a season 3 or next arc will be in season 2

Spoiler for ep 77:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Spoiler for 77:
Spoiler for ep 77:
Old 2011-04-30, 13:58   Link #3062
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
I hate the anime for removing all reference to Gildartz before he showed up very randomly last episode in the anime.
Seeing as though the staff had no idea at the time if they'd even animate him, i'd say it was a pretty understandable decision to remove all information about him.
Old 2011-04-30, 14:36   Link #3063
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Seeing as though the staff had no idea at the time if they'd even animate him, i'd say it was a pretty understandable decision to remove all information about him.
I already said that ... doesn't change the fact his references where very short and didn't really save that much time for other stuff.

Plus still they knew by Fighting Festival arc that season 2 was quite likely. So I see no need to have removed his reference in that arc other than the fact they had consistently removed previous reference to him. And of all the references about him that one was by far the longest... with 1 1/2 whole sentences about him.

Spoiler for the one and a half sentences for the manga (no longer a spoiler):

How do I put this best... there's two ways to see this

1) They kept it to what was needed and saved time for other stuff they would cover though it didn't amount to much. If they did get a season 2 they would do there best to fit him in then.
2) They kept it to what was needed (and I respect that to a degree)... but by doing so made the Fairy Tail's background universe less deep and removed foreshadowing to someone who even though he was possibly not to be animated he could also have become someone very important later and for all they knew season 2 was likely based on the ratings going up every week... I mean lets face it, even if he was never animated it would have been just fun to think hey there is someone out there who could be close to masters level and there is still peaks for the gang to reach in a future adventure that we might never see.

I just happen to be in the later camp. I get the why... I just wish they kept it in since all of his references would have amounted to 30 seconds to a minute max. Over the many episodes that would have been in it's not much they gained by taking him out.
Old 2011-04-30, 14:51   Link #3064
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I already said that ... doesn't change the fact his references where very short and didn't really save that much time for other stuff.
& i said it again. Just sharing my thoughts on the matter, because that's what you do on a forum.
Old 2011-04-30, 15:05   Link #3065
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
& i said it again. Just sharing my thoughts on the matter, because that's what you do on a forum.
Wasn't saying you shouldn't...

Just elaborating more on my train of thought on the matter.
Old 2011-04-30, 17:06   Link #3066
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 77:
Old 2011-04-30, 18:24   Link #3067
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 77:
Spoiler:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 19:11   Link #3068
OkamiNoKaze

Carla telling Happy to Shut up, was the most fourth wall breaking joke I have ever seen in anime, and I've been anticipating it for a long time.
Old 2011-04-30, 22:01   Link #3069
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler for reply:
Spoiler for 77 + OP:
Old 2011-05-01, 00:32   Link #3070
Necromas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 77:
Since I've read the manga, and already know most of the stuff this episode is supposed to make everyone curious about, this turned out to be my favorite part of the episode.
Old 2011-05-01, 13:37   Link #3071
blewin

Quote:
Well, yes and no... I hate the anime for removing all reference to Gildartz before he showed up very randomly last episode in the anime. Since I can now say it, since it's no longer a spoiler, the manga was referencing Gildartz as far back as the start of Galuna Island arc when he was referred to as "that geezer" by Laxus. Though if I recall first real reference to his name was Gajeel commenting that Fairy Tail didn't bring Laxus, Mystogan, or Gildartz to attack Phantom. Now I do understand the reason why since back then they thought they where only getting one season and they didn't to bad of a job bringing him into the plot all things considered... but your right that they are adding needed foreshadowing in other places some even for the latest arc in the manga where this kinda foreshadowing would have made things so much better (of course I can't go into details here due to spoilers)... but at the least hopefully this implies a season 3 or next arc will be in season 2

Spoiler for ep 77:
actually, I don't get why they didn't put Gildartz in at all even though they didn't know at that time if the anime would proceed so far into the manga. Aren't there plenty of animes that end with loose ends, leaving viewers with the clear understanding that the ending in the anime is just the BEGINNING of the story? (meaning, the beginning of the manga)

yes, we need more screen time for Levy's group especially if they're going to animate the latest you-know-what-arc in which Levy plays the most significant role she's ever played in FT. That example of her finishing off the job while her partners were out cold gave hints to her potential.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 17:45   Link #3072
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
actually, I don't get why they didn't put Gildartz in at all even though they didn't know at that time if the anime would proceed so far into the manga. Aren't there plenty of animes that end with loose ends, leaving viewers with the clear understanding that the ending in the anime is just the BEGINNING of the story? (meaning, the beginning of the manga)
I see it as an example of the anime people not caring about the manga and only there show (at least in this case)... which is why I find his cut out foreshadowing unforgivable. They did it purely for 10 seconds of air time here and there in my mind and I agree with you're opinion. I understand why they did it but see the logic as self-centered to there short-term quota and the minor cuts likely they saved by cutting it mostly went to lame 10 second fillers here and there. Which in the end likely cost them more money to write them.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-05-01 at 19:19.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 01:23   Link #3073
Lumir

Wow im really enjoying the direction this series is going. Though the way some things are presented are just unnerving (carls knowing about what she and happy are and not just telling him strait out, and the many other things i dont care to recall right now). Really looking forward to gajeel finding his "partner" im assuming he will find it in this next world if he was not left behind during the anima event.

From the information that was presented it seems to be that the "human" world and the world of the mystical beings (aka dragons) are somehow connected and anima is the gateway to and from each other. The gate is connected to the type of being happy and carls are and for some reason mystogan was trying to prevent it from opening. I wonder if the town was just moved entirely to the next parallel world or what? I dont see a gateway as force that completely wipes out everything unless the other side of it was pure destruction.

And it would seem there is some kind of superior evil force taking the form of a black dragon. I can only guess that this dragon who Gildarts referred to as the end of humanity is the reason dragons at all are involved with the series. Each dragon came and then left, but each one raised a human child as their own before the 7th day of 777 year or something. The series is shaping up to be quite interesting story wise. Cant wait to find out more!
Old 2011-05-02, 23:22   Link #3074
Vertran

I'm kinda new to Fairy Tail, I watched 32 episodes so far.
Kinda weird how I came across it. I do say, this anime is really awesome. First one I've followed in 3 years. The good thing about this anime is also a bad thing... it doesn't have that many fillers. I'd be happy to view them.

Spoiler for Paragraph Concealer:

Last edited by Vertran; 2011-05-03 at 02:55. Reason: Forgot about the tiny detail of publishing it. Very well then.
Vertran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 03:09   Link #3075
Wakan Tanka

Hi guys, I didnt watch the last filler.
In short, does the canon start from episode 75?
Old 2011-05-03, 11:10   Link #3076
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakan Tanka View Post
Hi guys, I didnt watch the last filler.
In short, does the canon start from episode 75?
76 is pretty much where the manga material starts again.
Old 2011-05-03, 14:50   Link #3077
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
76 is pretty much where the manga material starts again.
I see, domo.
Old 2011-05-03, 16:22   Link #3078
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertran View Post
I'm kinda new to Fairy Tail, I watched 32 episodes so far.
Kinda weird how I came across it. I do say, this anime is really awesome. First one I've followed in 3 years. The good thing about this anime is also a bad thing... it doesn't have that many fillers. I'd be happy to view them.

Spoiler for Paragraph Concealer:
Cool to see new fans
I'm sure you'll get used to subs fast.
Well they did attempt a small filler arc not so long ago, can't say it was that succesful. Hopefully next time they'll do better
Old 2011-05-03, 20:00   Link #3079
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Oh please. Gildartz would kill Chuck Norris in less than five seconds.
Opinions, everyone have theirs.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 20:02   Link #3080
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Very nice episode. 7-7-777 is also mentioned.
Can't wait for it continue.
Did anyone notice that the Opening was spoilering next to everything?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen