AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-20, 18:17   Link #7981
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Windfury was great, except it wasn't. Yeah it gave you great dps but it also made you much, much more likely to die and it still didn't come close to the benefit that blessing of might and blessing of kings and blessing of salvation gave to a melee dps. Blessing of Salvation alone was so overpowered they had to give Horde a version of it except the version was watered down and tied to air totems.

I mean in pvp yeah Horde was great, no complaints really there but in PvE there was no question that Alliance had it almost all their way for most bosses.
Yeah, Salvation was basically the key to everything. We were all threat-limited back then, so the fact that Trolls and Orcs had a dps cooldown was absolutely worthless since using it would just make you pull threat and wipe the raid. Salvation increased dps output by, what, 15%? For every single dps, all the time?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 18:26   Link #7982
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

I took best of both worlds in Vanilla (admittedly purely by coincidence): Retribution Paladin for PvE (hey, we needed Blessing of Kings!) and Undead Shadow Priest for PvP.

Oh boy, the Felcloth set was godly. Top killing blows in AV and being able to just tank Warriors with DP/Vampiric Embrace/Mind Flay/WotF. Good old facemelting.

The downside of having godly PvE blessings (Kings and Salvation) was of course actually applying them. Early Vanilla raiding was truly the defining period of the "buffbot". After you were done casting your Blessings, the first player had 3 mins left on theirs. And Salvation was really overpowered. I remember being on Salvation duty and forgetting to apply it to some geared Frost Mage in MC: he would almost instantly pull aggro etc.

Anyways, our all Finnish 10man raid managed to down the Stone Guard in Mogu'shan Vaults on our first try. We got Feng to 20% before having to call the raid because of randoms leaving (it wasn't actually a full Finnish raid). One thing I can say about Holy Priests: need more spirit! I guess that's true for all classes, but Resto Shamans and Resto Druids seem to be having a much easier time with mana/throughput at the moment...

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-10-20 at 18:43.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 18:53   Link #7983
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Yeah, Salvation was basically the key to everything. We were all threat-limited back then, so the fact that Trolls and Orcs had a dps cooldown was absolutely worthless since using it would just make you pull threat and wipe the raid. Salvation increased dps output by, what, 15%? For every single dps, all the time?
Well it lowered threat generation by 30% so yeah it was huge. I played around as a feral cat during BWL days around 1.6 / 1.7 (whenever druid's talent tree fixup was done to make it better back in vanilla) and the difference in dps I could do before pulling aggro was huge compared to the rogues and other dps who had a base threat reduction built in. Warriors were similar since they too didn't have that threat reduction built in.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 21:39   Link #7984
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Unless I am remembering incorrectly original salvation was a single target, 5-6 second duration 30 second cooldown. Hardly the whole raid, and it required to be spec'd into if I remember right, can't remember if it was Holy or Prot though. The 10 minute 30% threat redux version was in BC, when both factions had access to it I'm pretty sure.

There were reasons people stacked rogues and warlocks back in the day, no way would I deny that. Think out raid back then had 5-6 Rogues and 4-5 warlocks, along with a couple dps warriors and maybe 3-4 mages and hunters. We had ridiculously high DPS back then.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2012-10-23 at 21:57.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 23:27   Link #7985
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, I already have every drop I wanted from the current tier of LFR. There's only 1 item I'll want from Heart of Fear and 1 from Terrace of Endless Springs when they are open. Up to 3 Sigils of Power now - hopefully won't have to do that many more LFRs to reach 10. Sha also dropped tier gloves for me on kill #4. Lotus and Klaxxi grinds done, Shado Pan 1/3 to Exalted, August Celestials 2 days from Reverred. Definitely in a position to be very chill about it all now.
Old 2012-10-24, 00:58   Link #7986
Mr Hat and Clogs

Haven't yet done LFR this week, so still on bugger all loot have 6 Sigils though. You can spam Sha? I thought you could only get loot from him once a week.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2012-10-24 at 01:40.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 03:18   Link #7987
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Haven't yet done LFR this week, so still on bugger all loot have 6 Sigils though. You can spam Sha? I thought you could only get loot from him once a week.
That sucks because unless the sources of Sigil of Wisdom opens up soon (presuming Hear of Fear and Terrace of Endless Springs), getting those Sigils faster won't help much.

No, it's been 4 weeks since the game got launched, so hence I've been able to do 4 Sha loot lockouts in that time.

It's getting rathed sad how many people don't have a clue in those LFRs. The Spirit Kings and Elegon seem to leave most people dumbfounded. It's ironic Will of the Emperor is the fight they pick up the fastest...
Old 2012-10-24, 05:30   Link #7988
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well, LFR goods this week include a ring and cloak I already have and 4 more Sigils... -_-

People seemed to have a clue tonight for Kings and Elegon, but Emperor gave people trouble tonight. Thankfully it was far less painful than it could have been since 10/25 were guildies.
Old 2012-10-24, 05:39   Link #7989
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Well, LFR goods this week include a ring and cloak I already have and 4 more Sigils... -_-
What the balls....how is it your luck is the exact opposite of mine? That sucks...Btw, why did you buy the Klaxxi neck when Golden Lotus exalted gives a free 489 neck? The upside is 1 more ilvl and you can do the other LFRs once they're up.

Quote:
Tuesday, Oct. 30 - Normal Heart of Fear and Normal Terrace of Endless Spring (Must clear Heart of Fear first) with Heroic and Raid finder versions unlocking one week later
Guess we're not waiting much longer.
Old 2012-10-24, 05:50   Link #7990
Xacual

Quote:
Unless I am remembering incorrectly original salvation was a single target, 5-6 second duration 30 second cooldown. Hardly the whole raid, and it required to be spec'd into if I remember right, can't remember if it was Holy or Prot though. The 10 minute 30% threat redux version was in BC, when both factions had access to it I'm pretty sure.

There were reasons people stacked rogues and warlocks back in the day, no way would I deny that. Think out raid back then had 5-6 Rogues and 4-5 warlocks, along with a couple dps warriors and maybe 3-4 mages and hunters. We had ridiculously high DPS back then.
Nah you're thinking of the BC version of Salv, originally it was a 5 minute buff like any of the others.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 07:37   Link #7991
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Golden Lotus exalted gives a free 489 neck?
Wut. Oh gawd dammit, how'd i miss that. I coulda got the belt instead. Meh oh well, by the time I get exalted with these guys I'll have all the the rep gear anyways... since thats about all I'm gona get with my luck.

Quote:
Nah you're thinking of the BC version of Salv, originally it was a 5 minute buff like any of the others.
Oh rly. I thought the 30% redux was added in 2.0. Oh well, no matter anyway.
Old 2012-10-25, 01:41   Link #7992
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well even if you don't have the expansion you can still do other stuff. Even run around as a Pandaran up to level 70 for those without any expansions beyond the current base set (the includes The Burning Crusade now). Pet Battles are viable and that is account wide as you can use any pet from any character and only have to buy the skill once in total. I bought it for my main then later on did the Horde trainer quests with the Death Knight that's been mostly sitting around Orgrimmar since CATA started (he's still level 80 with only a little Wrath heroics gear and some stuff from the Elemental Invasion event). And those counted to the achievements for my Main 9aside from "Horde only" Achievements).
Old 2012-10-27, 15:01   Link #7993
Kyouka
Is Here

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ttlemug/simple
second character finally done
i think im just going to bench my dk this xpack or when i get more playing time
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 07:02   Link #7994
Mr Hat and Clogs

Dear Diary, this week I got more gold, the shiny purples still elude my grasp. I wonder if you can get some reversed version of gold fever. I think I have it.

I also feel that Wrathion is trolling me, I found more of his tokens. That makes 13 of the needed 10.
Old 2012-10-31, 07:05   Link #7995
Destined_Fate

Wisdom tokens don't drop from the current LFR raids. The later raids will drop Wisdom. It's Blizzard's way of drawing out of Sigil's so most players wont have the 10 and 10 required to finish it before the next chapter is added into the game.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 07:10   Link #7996
Mr Hat and Clogs

I know, it's mostly just a bad joke that probably only LS will get (if you read our prior posts). I have 13, he has like.. 3, he has near full epics, I get the same two items and nothing else.
Old 2012-10-31, 09:46   Link #7997
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Speaking of which...I'm still on 3 after doing both LFRs....stuff those sigils to hell....how long am I going to have to do those stupid LFRs...

Meh, until next week...not like I'm logging on for anything else now.
Old 2012-10-31, 16:11   Link #7998
Destined_Fate

I see.

We're getting more rep factions... Yay... Just when I start hitting exalted with some(I hate you Shado-Pan dailies!!!) they bring in 2 more.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 17:00   Link #7999
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Dailies. Nothing more than dailies.

Actually I imagine there is more than just that.
Old 2012-10-31, 20:56   Link #8000
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

There's world pvp objectives in Krasarang Wilds in 5.1.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows