AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-12-01, 09:11   Link #2981
ilovenarutosomuch

Wink question

i still dont understand why the resurrect dead person who said can't be dead and have no souls neither the will (said by itachi) are able to make themselves dispersed their own bodies into dirt ( sasori and others)
ilovenarutosomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 13:47   Link #2982
DKN117

So... Something bugging me regarding the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. Is it acquired by Person A swapping out their eyes for Person B's eyes (i.e., Sasuke now has Itachi's eyeballs in his sockets, and his original eyes are in a jar somewhere), or are Person A's and Person B's eyeballs somehow physically merged by Ninja Magic or somethin'?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 23:04   Link #2983
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
So... Something bugging me regarding the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. Is it acquired by Person A swapping out their eyes for Person B's eyes (i.e., Sasuke now has Itachi's eyeballs in his sockets, and his original eyes are in a jar somewhere), or are Person A's and Person B's eyeballs somehow physically merged by Ninja Magic or somethin'?
they are replaced. in the case of madara and sasuke, their eyes were nearly blind or fully blind when they did it, so i assume they just discarded their old eyes
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 19:41   Link #2984
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I quit reading Naruto a while back, but I'm interested in continuing the anime in its place. Where is a good episode mark to get back into the Ninja War? The only thing from the manga I recalled was Naruto holding hands with Hinata?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 2014-01-28, 19:52   Link #2985
sayde

Spoiler for manga:
With that said, I'd personally recommend going back to the point where Edo Tensei Madara arrives (episode 321) as that's where things start to actually get interesting for me. But if you remember what happens between this point and the last thing you remember going on in the manga and you have no interest in refreshing your memory on prior events, then just wait for the anime to catch up sometime this year.

Last edited by sayde; 2014-01-28 at 20:06.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 18:28   Link #2986
JustRob

I have a question.

In Naruto chapter 123, page 14, during Hiruzen's fight with Orochimaru, he has a flashback. Hashirama, Tobirama, and a child Hiruzen are overlooking Konoha. Hashirama and Tobirama give a speech, and then declare that from tomorrow on, Hiruzen will be the Hokage.

Spoiler for Chapter 123, page 14:

But that's weird. Hiruzen became the Hokage already while both Hashirama and Tobirama were still alive?

On top of that, we have a flashback from Danzo, much later in the manga, chapter 481, page 9. I think everyone remembers, the flashback in which Tobirama and his group are surrounded by Kumo ninja and someone has to be the decoy. Tobirama ends up sacrificing himself, and says that from tomorrow on, Hiruzen will be the Hokage.

Spoiler for Chapter 481, page 9:

As you can see these two have a major conflict. For starters, Hiruzen is a child in the first flashback and a grown up in the second. Yet in both flashbacks it is said that from "tomorrow" on he will be the Hokage. On top of that, this suggests that Tobirama died before Hashirama, which is ridiculous.

So when exactly did Hiruzen become Hokage? The second flashback seems far more likely, as it's more recent and Hiruzen as such a young child becoming Hokage would be pretty ridiculous. But the fact remains, we have two flashbacks that directly conflict each other.
Old 2014-03-23, 20:08   Link #2987
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

You make the wrong assumption that Hashirama and Tobirama said this together the same day.
Those two statements happened years apart. The first took place when Shodai was still alive and Sarutobi just a kid whereas the second took place right before Tobirama's death when he chose Sarutobi as his successor.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 02:26   Link #2988
JustRob

But both flashbacks state "From tomorrow on you will be the Hokage", even though Hiruzen is a child in one flashback and a grown up in the other. When did he actually become Hokage?
Old 2014-03-24, 07:50   Link #2989
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
But both flashbacks state "From tomorrow on you will be the Hokage", even though Hiruzen is a child in one flashback and a grown up in the other. When did he actually become Hokage?
I think Hunter means that in the first one, you don't know what time period Tobirama's panel is from. It's just Hiruzen remembering the most memorable things the brothers told him. one when he was a kid with hashirama. and one when he was made hokage with tobirama. it is a little misleading, but i also don't see why they would make such a young kid hokage
Old 2014-03-24, 12:14   Link #2990
JustRob

It's very misleading. Then why even put a child Hiruzen in there? Also, in the anime, that particular flashback is depicted as Hashirama, Tobirama, and child Hiruzen overlooking Konoha, with the same speech.
Old 2014-03-24, 14:47   Link #2991
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

And if you read through the old thread for this anime episode you will find a discussion about how the anime team made an error about this.
Make no mistake, I understand that it can be misleading and the author should have made the scene clearer (he could have shown Sarutobi with an older face in between the two statements for example) but as itachi-san314 said this page show a compilation of the two most important lessons Sarutobi learned from the previous Hokage. Those two panels aren't consecutive in time.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 14:52   Link #2992
JustRob

So once again it's the anime taking something from the manga and making it retarded. Works for me.
Old 2014-03-24, 18:17   Link #2993
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
So once again it's the anime taking something from the manga and making it retarded. Works for me.
in their defense they did fix kishi's mishaps with A's arm, the hokage monument during the obito flashback and some others I'm sure. nothing's perfect
Old 2014-04-07, 12:32   Link #2994
Rurouni

Here's another question I just found a project that re-edits the One Piece episodes so that all the filler is left out and follows the manga by the panel. Does anyone know if there is something similair available but then for Naruto (Shippuuden)? that would be awesome!
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 11:15   Link #2995
GDB

There was one that combined the first 6 episodes into 1 episode by cutting out the filler, but I don't think it was done any further.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 19:57   Link #2996
Chloe114

How often episodes get English Dubbed

Does anybody know how often they get episodes dubbed in English. I have got to episode 237 and now cannot find any English dubbed. Would love to know how often this is done.
Chloe114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 23:58   Link #2997
DKN117

I wonder why Kabuto didn't try Edo Tensei-ing Kisame; with his power level, he would've been a fearsome addition to the Undead Army. ...Granted, I know that the REAL reason we likely won't see it happen at any point in the future is probably because Kisame's seiyuu has passed on (Rest In Peace), but why, in-universe, didn't he? He had to have had a blood/DNA sample thanks to working with Tobi, or something...
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 00:09   Link #2998
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
I wonder why Kabuto didn't try Edo Tensei-ing Kisame; with his power level, he would've been a fearsome addition to the Undead Army. ...Granted, I know that the REAL reason we likely won't see it happen at any point in the future is probably because Kisame's seiyuu has passed on (Rest In Peace), but why, in-universe, didn't he? He had to have had a blood/DNA sample thanks to working with Tobi, or something...
I don't remember exactly, but wasn't Kisame's death after the Edo Tensei in the war?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 09:38   Link #2999
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I don't remember exactly, but wasn't Kisame's death after the Edo Tensei in the war?
yes. kisame was still alive when kabuto showcased his akatsuki ETs. edo-deidara helped scout the turtle island. but also, kabuto would have heard that kisame was dead and used him afterward. i guess he figured he didn't need anymore than he already had
Old 2014-05-09, 19:53   Link #3000
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Is getting Mangekyou Sharingan from a traumatic experience?

Tags
q&a