AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-03-11, 05:09   Link #21
dark44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
hope they skip volume 4 and 7
dark44 is offline  
Old 2017-03-11, 05:21   Link #22
EasyGo-er
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
First season was alright. Maybe I'll watch second one. As for the second season of Mahouka - I sincerely hope that there won't be one. It was one of the worst anime series of the recent years. I still don't understand how this "Magical Encyclopedia: The Series" even became popular.
Well, you said it. Who likes to watch animated encyclopedia? The series was ill-suited for a visual medium in the first place. How bad the adaptation was doesn't help either. But enough about that.
EasyGo-er is offline  
Old 2017-03-11, 05:36   Link #23
gocav
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
So we're gonna get Lizard, then Jaldabaoth?
That would be my guess. I don't think volume 4 would take an entire season, and you can't do 5 without 6. Using the hypothetical "if we were to get another season" phrase, all three of these would be too pivotal for what would happen later unless the anime changed a great deal of the story line.
gocav is offline  
Old 2017-03-11, 06:53   Link #24
abhjetgon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So...does that mean the 2nd season will focus more on Ainz' underlings? If so, I think that's a good thing as I'm more interested in his various minions than him sometimes. For me, it's simply enough if Ainz appear here and there strategizing & making tactics and crushing enemies when it's really really needed, while they can give more screentime for his undead underlings who are exploring the "new world".
I'm surprised how accurate you are with your predictions, lol. You're gonna enjoy the new season
abhjetgon is offline  
Old 2017-03-11, 08:02   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjetgon View Post
I'm surprised how accurate you are with your predictions, lol. You're gonna enjoy the new season
Oh, so I hit a bulls-eye? Can't wait to watch season 2 then .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
First season was alright. Maybe I'll watch second one. As for the second season of Mahouka - I sincerely hope that there won't be one. It was one of the worst anime series of the recent years. I still don't understand how this "Magical Encyclopedia: The Series" even became popular.
Not LN-reader here, but I do enjoy Mahouka precisely because I treat it like a visual encyclopedia like it's supposed to be, I guess . During each episode, I can just sit back watching the serenely-paced "magic-knowledge presentation" along with Tatsuya casually humiliating kids who are obviously below his level with his skill OP-ness. In fact, I think I enjoy Mahouka more than SAO because Tatsuya is calm, composed, competent and even smooth with girls most of the time. It feels like I was watching a teenage James Bond with obvious OP skill (being war veteran and all) which is more enjoyable than watching an angsty teenager like Kirito struggling with faux-tension when he himself is granted OP power (dual wield) literally outta nowhere. Oh, and Mahouka-girls aren't as annoyingly harem-y as SAO-girls IMHO.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline  
Old 2017-03-11, 10:05   Link #26
AB079
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Not LN-reader here, but I do enjoy Mahouka precisely because I treat it like a visual encyclopedia like it's supposed to be, I guess . During each episode, I can just sit back watching the serenely-paced "magic-knowledge presentation" along with Tatsuya casually humiliating kids who are obviously below his level with his skill OP-ness. In fact, I think I enjoy Mahouka more than SAO because Tatsuya is calm, composed, competent and even smooth with girls most of the time. It feels like I was watching a teenage James Bond with obvious OP skill (being war veteran and all) which is more enjoyable than watching an angsty teenager like Kirito struggling with faux-tension when he himself is granted OP power (dual wield) literally outta nowhere. Oh, and Mahouka-girls aren't as annoyingly harem-y as SAO-girls IMHO.
As a LN reader who's up to date with the work I agree with you. It seems technical stuff in a LN plus a lot of world building is too much for some people tho

Mahouka used to have some big flaws especially on the early volumes (those are the ones of season 1) but the LN evolved into something that is pretty good while keeping the world building and character developments there. A second season should help the viewers to realize that and appreciate a OP main character that isn't trash like most of the gary/mary stu out there (like Kirito for example).

Now back on-topic, I wonder how many episodes we're going to have for this new season. The lizard arc should be like 5-6 episodes, but since there is volume 5 and 6 there, I should say 10-12 episodes if they don't rush this.
AB079 is offline  
Old 2017-03-11, 11:12   Link #27
AntonKutovoi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vladimir, Russia
Age: 25
There's a difference between world building and technobabble abuse.
-Magical Jesus does something
-Everyone around start orgasming on the scene, giving you a long explanation why this is so cool. In every freaking detail. I like reading books, but why should I waste my time on watching someone reading the book?
And that repeats till the end. And the sole fact that Tatsuya isn't angsty doesn't makes him a good character. Because he doesn't have any personality whatsoever. His only personal traits in anime were a care for his sister and his family problems. Oh, and the fact that he is so genious and all-around perferct that he can probably cure cancer with his pee. Tatsuya could be a good villian, or he could be a hero, if anime didn't took itself so seriously, but alas, it did and Tatsuya was an awful main character.
And speaking of female characters: sorry, but his sister is about as annoying as the SAO girls. The rest of the girls are bland as hell. So, yeah, they are not as annoying... but they don't have any points from me either.

Getting back to the topic, as I said, I more or less liked the first season, but I hope that in second season there won't be anything similar to the fight against Clementine. Or, to be exact, the dialogues similar to those that happened before it. It looked liked a banter of five years old kids, written by a three years old kid.
AntonKutovoi is offline  
Old 2017-03-11, 12:48   Link #28
998185
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
hope they skip volume 4 and 7
They already did book 4 in 1 panel during the season 1 opening.
998185 is offline  
Old 2017-03-11, 13:00   Link #29
SMT
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Age: 25
Damn I didn't expect that. Now I was just being hopeless that we may never see a second season of this and here it is.

That's awesome news.
SMT is offline  
Old 2017-03-11, 15:04   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
There's a difference between world building and technobabble abuse.
-Magical Jesus does something
-Everyone around start orgasming on the scene, giving you a long explanation why this is so cool. In every freaking detail. I like reading books, but why should I waste my time on watching someone reading the book?
And that repeats till the end. And the sole fact that Tatsuya isn't angsty doesn't makes him a good character. Because he doesn't have any personality whatsoever. His only personal traits in anime were a care for his sister and his family problems. Oh, and the fact that he is so genious and all-around perferct that he can probably cure cancer with his pee. Tatsuya could be a good villian, or he could be a hero, if anime didn't took itself so seriously, but alas, it did and Tatsuya was an awful main character.
And speaking of female characters: sorry, but his sister is about as annoying as the SAO girls. The rest of the girls are bland as hell. So, yeah, they are not as annoying... but they don't have any points from me either.
TL;DR…
 
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline  
Old 2017-03-11, 19:27   Link #31
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 56
Why are y'all discussing Tatsuya in a thread about season 2 of Overlord? Back on topic, please.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline  
Old 2017-03-12, 08:10   Link #32
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Lul wat.

I literally rewatched Overlord S1 yesterday .. yes, the whole season .. in one sitting. So afterwards I went to google about S2 if anything had been announced and was severely disappointed as it seemed like it's yet another anime that was there only to promote LN and will never get a S2.

I guess Google hadn't indexed this thread yet lol. Reading this literally made my day .. and more. Can't wait for this.
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline  
Old 2017-03-12, 10:40   Link #33
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 29
BEST NEWS EVER! I was just talking to a friend about how we are not going to get season 2 because of madhouse. I still can't believe we are getting one. Hoping it's a Summer release
__________________

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline  
Old 2017-03-14, 21:51   Link #34
DemonneoPT
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Portugal
This was the best thing i heard all day!!! The cherry on top of the cake would be if instead of the recap movies we had a remake of the Shaltear arc. It was way too rushed, censored and badly animated in season 1..lol. But whatever, season 2 is here!! Fuck yeah!
DemonneoPT is offline  
Old 2017-03-16, 18:13   Link #35
AnimeFangirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
This is good news. I just finished the first season not too long ago and was hoping for a continuation.
__________________
AnimeFangirl is offline  
Old 2017-04-25, 11:54   Link #36
Fufufu
Doffy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
I see people saying bones will do the 2nd season, what's their reason to say that? I'm in the shadow here can anyone explain me this. I mean madhouse did the movies right? Why would they bother do two movies and above all a recap unless they're doning the 2nd season.
Fufufu is offline  
Old 2017-04-25, 18:16   Link #37
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fufufu View Post
I see people saying bones will do the 2nd season, what's their reason to say that? I'm in the shadow here can anyone explain me this. I mean madhouse did the movies right? Why would they bother do two movies and above all a recap unless they're doning the 2nd season.
I also see many people say [my favorite studio] do [my favorite anime/game/manga]. Unless there is solid evidence. Just ignore those
__________________
*TL Note: Better than
Skype and Teamspeak

RRW is offline  
Old 2017-04-26, 00:52   Link #38
Fufufu
Doffy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
http://www.madhouse.co.jp/

Check the news and you see that madhouse doing the 2nd season not bones.
Fufufu is offline  
Old 2017-04-27, 13:01   Link #39
dmaxzero
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Hope it has the budget to be visually incredible.
dmaxzero is offline  
Old 2017-05-09, 22:46   Link #40
PreSage
Strangely dependable...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Winter 2017 was a major slump for anime but looks like future seasons will be awesome with so many good series coming!! Very excited!
__________________
:|::|Sig Gallery|::|:
---------------


[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.