AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-06-13, 22:18   Link #2421
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

He's gonna regret that in the end.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 23:09   Link #2422
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
And go running back to Shana like the wimp he is.
Maybe Shana/some other flame haze will be swayed and be 'converted' to SoF's idealism.
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 04:21   Link #2423
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It is not impossible. Though they would face the wrath of the Flame Haze Army leaders.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-06-14, 13:32   Link #2424
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
I don't think SoF will succeed in the end, I see him dead at the end of the series. SoF's utopia world probably not as good as he made it sound.
The grass always looks greener on the other side.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 16:38   Link #2425
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

If the thing about a great sacrifice is true we may see something on the level of "Planet devouring" next, maybe Snake is planning on tricking everyone into believing they're still on Earth, putting them to sleep and secretly transporting them to the void between worlds while he uses all the energy of the Earth to create a replica and awaken them there so they don't know the difference. Snakes are deceptive after all.

I am also wondering about the characters whose actions are shrouded in mystery, Pheles mainly, she has to be doing something important...right?
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 17:45   Link #2426
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Why would he need to devour a planet or anything else? Already huge energy stores + Raging Mango = Arbitrarily large amount of power at his disposal. All he has to do is set aside a chunk of his power, absorb it after his original level is restored to max, and repeat. Or maybe just cast the spell really slowly.

Or does the RM's time mojo outlaw that?

The distortion to the world has got to be the kicker. Maybe Snake's world would be able to survive somehow while the other two worlds segfault from massive distortion.
Old 2010-06-14, 21:08   Link #2427
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Regarding Snakey, he really wanted to create a Utopia, or rather, recreate his abandoned plan: Xanadu, and promised to leave the Flame Hazes alone if they retreat and stop interfering with his plans. As for Pheles, she's still running about finding out about Johann. Nothing 'important', I'm sure.

Some translation I did in my hotel for ES:
Pg27
White hair guy=Dennis
Black hair guy=Alex(I think)
(flashback)
D: As everyone knows, the widespread 'Crimson Denizen' organizations with bases all over the world treat the European Continents as a chessboard. The pieces are the monarchs/lords/bishops; the territory being anything from a country to a small-scaled base. They do not directly go to war, but utilize various methods to upstart each territories' rulers, and from there, weaken their flanks or cause discord.
The problem lies in this war's setting/plan they used: The Lord's Game. When we attack, the various organizations, through this Game, will form a single union, and ally against us.
A: If we carelessly engage each other and get found out, the 'newbies' (referring to the noobs who just joined the army) will be assaulted by rabid, starving wolves from all directions.
D: Yes, with our current power, we can only engage in one or two large-scaled attacks, and even then with difficulty.
Pg28
Sophie: This battle's goal is quite unlike any others that we had. Besides destroying Denizens, we must apprehend and destroy the dangerous Lord who consumed (not sure here), and lead the Toten Glocke: 'Coffin Weaver' Asiz. Therefore, when we attack, some will have to cleanse the field of any other interfering organization/groups, or at the very least paralyze and disable them from the chaos you create.
M: Me? Now really, that woman, always pushing nitpicked troubles to others. Never mind-
W: You are happy about this already -.-

Last edited by Kochiya; 2010-06-15 at 21:16.
Old 2010-06-15, 07:16   Link #2428
karasu-000
Deathwish

Thanks for the explanation, elf-song ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
Does anyone think that SoF will actually succeed and gain his precious utopia, all the denizens will go live there, Yuji will get his body back and live happily ever after in Misaki City with Shana...maybe I'm a little too optamistic.

So while I'm at it how about Wilhelmina becoming a world class chef and Marjory cuttiing down on the drink.

A quick question: can any Crimson Denizen/Lord/God make a contrack with a human so long as that human is worthy?
Apparently, I'm imagining things that can happen:

1. SotF Sakai Yuji will succeed (I don't want that to happen) and continue his so-called 'plan', and end up going so melancholic. (Baaaad ending.)

2. SotF Sakai Yuji and Shana will die together and disappear, but everyone involved in the war, and things related to Crimson Realm, live peacefully. (Can't let them die. O_O)

3. SotF will be defeated by Yuji who realizes that he's on the wrong side, along with Shana and the other Flame Haze, and the Tomogara will retreat and everyone will live in peace. (This one is the good ending which is too optimistic.)

4. ??? <<< Empty slot.

Sorry for being entirely absent here and missing certain story parts... forgive me....
karasu-000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 08:29   Link #2429
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiya View Post
White hair guy=Tony
Black hair guy=Yarick(I think)
I think their names are Denis ans Alex, respectively.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 21:14   Link #2430
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Thanks Elf Song ^^Edited.
Old 2010-06-16, 04:04   Link #2431
~Avant~

Can anyone explain specifically what happened in the novels between Sabrac, Pheles, and Yuji that gave birth to Seirei No Hebi? And what exactly was Shana doing when all this was going on.
~Avant~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 05:37   Link #2432
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm somewhat confused on translating Sophie's popular nickname: 『肝っ玉母さん(ムッタークラージェ)』. It's probably in German or something. Can someone help out?

By the way, I'll be uploading the translated manga (sorta Alpha version) on Photobucket and I'll be posting the link later. Questions and assistance will be welcomed.

Old 2010-06-16, 06:03   Link #2433
Elf song

That nickname comes from "Mutter Courage", a main protagonist in Bertolt Brecht's play named Mother Courage and Her Children. 肝っ玉母さん also means the Courageous Mother.
Old 2010-06-16, 07:39   Link #2434
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So it's Mother Courage?
Thanks! I need that snippet. XD

Old 2010-06-17, 03:48   Link #2435
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

O.o I just skipped that entire part, since I had absolutely no idea. I turned to the chinese subs for that, and it gave me a direct translation of 'Mother Courage' -.-
Old 2010-06-25, 12:57   Link #2436
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Actually, to be frank, Chernobog was in a rage, since her lover Molech just died, so she went on this rampaging blitz taht somehow managed to hit Mathilde

Another thing is Asiz is just too gentle and kind as a ruler. Bal Masque has everything planned: The assault on China and Romania, and of course their masterplan and even back-up (Bel-Poel's Hougu and Decarabia),not to mention insanely loyal pions (Orobas to Sydonay). As for the Toten Glocke, they are kinda like...advocates for the church. In other words, they fail miserably when the rebels arrive in the form of bloodthirsty flame-hazes.
Bal Masque is out to win a war and end Flamehazes forever.......Asiz...he's an angel no? Sums it all up pretty neatly.....Chernobog being Asiz's spy and assassin master probably means her blow is more than a lucky shot though....

And yes...I still can't get my head around how Molech is Chernobog's lover considering the way they address each other.....

Quote:
As for the sacrifice bit, if I'm not wrong, SoF had NO visible sacrifice for his descend upon Earth. Weird. Even Asiz has to sacrifice his ability to return to the Crimson World.
Being God of Creation helps

like how Alastor is able to roast entire shitloads of stuff without needing any Power of Existence from elsewhere. They're called Gods for a reason...

And if I'm reading it correctly, SnH's prison is basically very much his domain....surely as a God he would find some way to return without needing any sacrifice...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2010-06-25 at 13:18.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 01:02   Link #2437
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

@Above: A reason why Chernobog loves Molech is cos Chernobog actually admires Molech's carefulness and sharpness, as indicated in vol.10 of the novels. Chernobog is a reckless person who carries out orders as it is. Another reason is cos Chernobog is piteous to Molech's weak state of being. She likes feeling protective over Molech-.-
Old 2010-06-28, 00:36   Link #2438
Nietono no Shana
Godsword

Interesting, but the idea doesn't seem to be as crazy as the love shared between AlastorxMathilde/AsizxTis. I'd really like to know how they came round with it, as a long-distance relationship obviously isn't easy to manage.
Nietono no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 07:52   Link #2439
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Molech DID NOT know of Chernobog's one-sided love to him, even after his death. And Tis is crazy. She wants to have babies with Asiz and ascend to parenthood, despite knowing it's impossible.. Really.
Old 2010-06-28, 09:32   Link #2440
Elf song

Poor Chernobog, another victim of one of many tragedies in Shakugan no Shana :
Asiz - This (Atwiki said that her name may be comes from the ancient city preceded Egyptian Kingdom. Nevertheless, I also prefer calling her "Tis" to avoid confusion with common "this" too)
Chernobog - Molech
Leanan Sidhe - Donato
Mathilde - Alastor - Merihim
Pheles - Johann
Cecilia - Clemens
Yu Xuan - Xiang Xin
Sabrac - Mare

Who knows how many of these would occur in the next 2 novels...
I hope it's not our titular protagonist.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen